GoodFellas - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

GoodFellas Reviews

December 3, 2016
CLASSIC! On Blu-ray.
November 26, 2016
Only Scorsese could make lovable degenerates so damn likable and compelling.
½ November 23, 2016
One of them films you watch and think "why have I never watched this before". This is my mums favourite film and it's easy to see why. Amazing.
November 14, 2016
Adapted from Nicolas Pileggi's best-selling novel "Wiseguy: Life in a Mafia Family," "GoodFellas" is an extraordinary film about organized crime that has become an important piece of cinematography history. "GoodFellas" is about the true-life account of mobster and FBI informant Henry Hill. The movie begins with a young boy working for some "wise guys" in his neighborhood who eventually teach him the ropes of the mafia as he grows up and is eventually welcomed into the family.

This is Martin Scorsese at the peak of his career. He utilizes many techniques that have become his signature like freeze frames, fast cutting, and long tracking shots. That being said, Scorsese's best move was with the all-star casting; including incredible performances by Ray Liotta and Robert DeNiro. It is the extremely over-the-top performance by Joe Pesci that really makes "GoodFellas" thrilling and unpredictable.

"GoodFellas" became an instant classic because of its ruthlessness, violence, and intriguing exploration into the crime-filled adventures of a popular American mob family. "GoodFellas" is so great, it won six Academy Awards, including Best Picture and Best Director, and it won Pesci the Best Actor in a Supporting Role. It also consistently ranks extremely high on lists like "Greatest Films of All Time."
½ November 13, 2016
Very well made, though I had a hard time finding anything sympathetic characters. I mean, thank god since everyone in this is a goddamn sociopath. Noticed a lot of continuity errors. Not sure if this was an intentional style choice based on the fast pacing or if these were genuine errors. The VO didn't bug me as much as other movies do. Hard not to compare it to Godfather or Sopranos, and it's just not as good.
November 3, 2016
Favorite mob movie ever made.
October 28, 2016
My favorite crime/mob movie. Liotta, De Niro, and Pesci give performances that sell and make us listen to every second of the movie.
October 28, 2016
Scorseses gangstersuccé visar hans bästa sida inom genren. Härlig storyline och rappkäftade repliker. En av de allra bästa!
October 25, 2016
"As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a Gangster."
October 14, 2016
An awesome gangster movie.
October 9, 2016
A classic mob epic that won't bore you one bit. Martin Scorsese's amazing directing makes it intriguing and intense. The brilliant performances from De Niro, Liotta, and Pesci just make it more spectacular.
September 25, 2016
La mejor peliculas de mafiosos de todos los tiempos.
September 16, 2016
I still do not know how this did not win Best Picture in its year, Dances with Wolves is undoubtedly a great film but it does not match up to this. It is very well adapted from the book, as it manages to explain the details of the mob to us through voiceover, without getting boring. Also, the language and violence present seems to enhance scenes rather than be in there simply to shock viewers. The performances are first rate, and many of the songs featured in the film fit their respective scenes perfectly.

As one would expect, the film is well-directed, with the freeze frames, fast editing and narration working very well together. Some very inventive camera tricks also make the film very visually appealing.

Overall, I feel this may have been one of the biggest mistakes in Oscar history, and quite possibly Scorsese's best film.
September 13, 2016
The best mafia movie ever made. The kind of movie you could watch over and over because it never gets boring.
September 11, 2016
Goodfellas is one of those "flip it and leave it" movies. You know what I'm talking about? If you are flipping through the channels and come across Goodfellas, you leave it on. The performances are amazing.
September 1, 2016
Classy and hard hitting! THIS is the greatest mob film since GODFATHER II
August 26, 2016
Greatest. Mob Movie. Ever. One of my favorites.
½ August 23, 2016
GoodFellas is one of those films that I felt like I needed to see, but never really wanted to see. I'm not a big fan of gangster movies and I've never really understood Hollywood's obsession with the mafia. However, I have to say that I was impressed. This film covers almost 30 years of Henry Hill's life in an engaging way that keeps you guessing. Plus, the performances of Ray Liotta, Joe Pesci and Robert DeNiro are iconic. This isn't a film I plan on repeatedly watching in the future, but I am glad that I finally saw it.
August 16, 2016
GoodFellas has everything a Martin Scorsese film would require to mesmerize me from beginning to end.
August 14, 2016
One of the best mob movies of all time!!! Outstanding cast and amazing script. Everything about this movie is great.