Gladiator Reviews

• Oct 27, 2016

My favorite movie of all time.

My favorite movie of all time.

• May 02, 2016

Pas un grand film, mais j'avais bien aimé dans le temps à Super Écran. Et je viens de revoir le vieux dans Blacklist... Cuba Gooding était là-dedans? Eh ben!

• Aug 22, 2015

Forgot about this film, started watching it as if I hadn't seen it before but then remembered I had seen it once when I was a kid and recalled a few key moments. The look of the film is actually pretty good and I think the story had potential but it suffered from ridiculous over-the-top moments and bad acting. If the director or writer took this film more seriously and realistically it could have been a great boxing film rather than a mediocre bad one.

• Aug 07, 2015

A typical 90's sports action movie, but that's what makes it so entertaining. Also, during a better time: when Cuba could do some acting.

• Apr 06, 2015

Cliche action movie that's too predictable to amount to anything.

Cliche action movie that's too predictable to amount to anything.

• Apr 12, 2014

I liked it. It's a bit of a black guy meets white guy movie. They join forces to combat a bad guy boxing ring owner who pretends to own fighters as well. Overall I'd say good movie.

• Nov 21, 2013

Gladiator is an underrated urban boxing drama starring James Marshall who is not the best actor so his performance is just above average, but he gets the job done. Everyone else though, Cuba Gooding Jr, Brian Dennehy, and Robert Loggia are solid. As a whole it isn't fantastic, and the racial slurs spread around it felt highly shoehorned, but Gladiator is quite entertaining with well choreographed fight sequences and a slightly implausible, but well-executed story. It's not the best boxing film ever, but it holds its own.

• Oct 19, 2013

Look- no critic is going to give this thing more than a 25%, but make no mistake- this is a good movie. If you watch it, you won't regret it. What more do you need to know?

• Jun 13, 2013

An underrated gem...I give it a A-, B+...Awesome performance by Cuba Gooding, James Marshall and John Seda as Romano...

• Apr 19, 2013

This is a very impressive boxing movie from the early 90s staring James Marshall and Cuba Gooding Jr. before he started doing disney movies. An amazing cast full of familiar character actors such as Ossie Davis,Brian Dennehy,Robert Loggia and John Heard round out this tough guy with a heart of gold movie. James Marshall did a great job as the struggling kid from a broken home who discovers his calling in life as a boxer,too bad he didn't really take off as a big name actor. Cuba Gooding is his friend/side kick who ends up having to square off against him. The drama in this sometimes comes off alittle heavy handed but the boxing/fight scenes make up for that. Even Brian Dennehy throws down in this and shows you he can get physical and kick alittle ass now and then. Overall this is really amazingly solid early 90s boxing underdog story that will really surprise you when you take the time to give it a watch. I'm sure even some of the ladies who hate sports/fighting type movies will sit down with their guys to watch this. You can't beat a sports/boxing themed movie with a solid story.