Pressure Point Reviews

• Jun 13, 2015

definitely preachy but for good reason

definitely preachy but for good reason

• Apr 27, 2015

Pressure Point is a decent film. It is about a black prison psychiatrist is assigned the distasteful task of helping a paranoid American Nazi charged with sedition. Sidney Poitier, Peter Falk, and Bobby Darin give good performances. The screenplay is a little slow in places. Hubert Cornfield did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the drama.

• Sep 17, 2014

Only good for showing us that Darin can indeed act as well as sing and write. Poitier is always intense and ready to take the stage. I'm a fan of his but not so much here. I loved the flashbacks. The actor playing young "Patient" surprised me. I would have enjoyed watching a film about his time with his abusive parents more than Pressure Point.

• Dec 06, 2013

a psychiatrist (sidney Poitier) analyzes a neo-Nazi (bobby Darin)--Engaging social drama that doesn't opt for easy answers!!

• Sep 18, 2012

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 (1962) Pressure Point PSYCOLOGICAL DRAMA Taken from the story written by Robert M. Lindner but directed and co- written by Hubert Cornfield starring African American actor Sidney Poitier as head psychiatrist trying to convince a qualified psychiatrist collegue who happens to be white played by Peter Falk why he's the best candidate to be assigned to an African American patient who's racist against anyone who's white just because he was a victim of them in much of his life. It's situation is nothing more but a backdrop to the Sidney Poitier character telling his previous racial experience regarding one difficult racist character when he was working in a prison as a psychiatrist for the convicted and he's played by Bobby Darin. What is interesting about this film is that althopugh a small film about racism, the characters names are never that important since all the characters involved all seem to know each other anyway and that the 'acting' by it's leads defines the film like a very interesting play with thought out dialogue. 3 out of 4

• May 10, 2012

Although its set-up is a little ham-fisted, Bobby Darin and Sidney Poitier give fine performances (as does Peter Falk in a very brief role). Some truly bizarre flashbacks, dream visions, and hallucinations speckle the landscape of this story of a black psychiatrist trying to get to the bottom of why his Nazi patient hates and fears what he does.

• Jan 06, 2012

Really remarkable, and more intense than I expected - particularly in the childhood flashbacks! I really wanted to be on Poitier's character's side for everything, but the conflict between personal issues and the psychiatry process was so glaring that it was hard to overlook the huge breaches in professionalism. Darin's character's background/development made total sense and I thought his acting was wonderful here!

• Jul 23, 2011

No character names, no depth in the narration or psychologal paradigms...What were they attempting to portray?

• Apr 29, 2011

Anything that makes the sense of storytelling and concepts seem dated is completely, utterly saved by the tumultuous dynamic between Poitier and Darin's characters. Awesome performances by them both.

• Apr 24, 2011

A movie that could only be accomplished by the infinite talent of two of the greatest actors of their time. Sidney Poitier and Bobby Darin give life to a simple script.