Jumanji - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jumanji Reviews

½ June 17, 2018
While jumanji has a plot that is slow to build, Bonnie Hunt and Robin Williams truly make this movie special together. The graphics w
ere on point with the era and this film has gained a well deserved cult following.
June 12, 2018
I am disgusted with ALL OF YOU PEOPLE. I had never seen the movie before today, and a 53%? What? More like 153%. Jumanji is among the finest cinematic examples ever created. It is pure brilliance. GO HOME AND GO AWAY. You all deserve to watch Soylent Green followed by Waterworld over and over for a hundred years.
June 5, 2018
One of the best films of my childhood. I recently re watched this after the new one came out. This one still blows my mind on how good it is
June 2, 2018
I.... I am not too sure why people don't like this movie... As I LOVE it. Such a great family classic. So much fun. Robin Williams is great, Kirsten Dunst is great, everything here is so much fun.
May 15, 2018
Truly entertaining and funny. Jumanji may have been marketed as a "kids" movie, but this cast delivers performances worthy for audiences of all ages. Albeit silly and a bit outrageous, Jumanji is a true escapist, fun film.
May 9, 2018
L'idea generale del film è molto valida ma non riesce a scrollarsi di dosso quella bruttissima sensazione da film per la televisione. In troppe occasioni si esagera con un umorismo ridicolo e il modo in cui vengono diretti gli attori a volte risulta quasi imbarazzante. Gli effetti speciali non riescono a pareggiare la concorrenza di quegli anni, con un risultato che sa di finto per ogni scena del film. Nel complesso comunque i personaggi funzionano e il film intrattiene, grazie ad una storia interessante e l'idea di base piuttosto convincente. Senza dubbio si tratta di un film orientato più su un pubblico di bambini, per gli adulti, invece, sarà solo un'esperienza leggera e vagamente apprezzabile.
½ April 22, 2018
This movie is classic to me, but that's probably because I watched it so much as a young child. Total nostalgia watching this again.
April 16, 2018
A fun family film.

A highly enjoyable film for the whole family. Jumanji was a movie I really enjoyed as a child. Robin Williams is a warm delight to experience his wild delivery and improvised acting. He is as entertaining as ever in Jumanji. Jumanji stars a young Kirsten Dunst as an orphan with her younger brother who must learn to appreciate family.

This is an adventure filled with fun performances, impressive CGI for the time, lots of laughs, and great cinematography and storytelling. The theme of family weighs heavy on the plot. It holds up better than the new remake of Jumanji with The Rock. Check out Jumanji.
½ April 5, 2018
This is tremendous fun and Robin Williams is great; however, much the visual effects look poor by modern standards.
½ March 31, 2018
Why did so many people not like this movie?!?!?
Besides the not so good plot, it is still a fun movie.
March 22, 2018
the only TRUE jumanji
½ March 21, 2018
A decent family movie that was a little more intense than I expected.
March 21, 2018
A classic fun family movie with great actors, in spite of the awful special effects (bad even at the time)
March 21, 2018
Hilariously good. Robin Williams's performance is outstanding and the movie's originality really sticks out. Jumanji is not only funny but exciting for the whole family.
March 14, 2018
Jumanji features excellent special effects for its time, the premise is great and the first half is quite charming and engaging, but the second one is boring, messy and filled with too much spectacle and not enough storytelling. The characterization also suffered as a result of its fast pace. It is an okay film, but it unfortunately squandered its great premise.
March 8, 2018
People love it, but I actually liked the sequel more. Robin Williams is fantastic and it's fun.
February 25, 2018
fun and entertaining adventure movie. had some old movie qualities, like a really long setup before the movie gets going, and some terrible special effects, both CGI and practical, and i know for sure they sped up many scenes, but i think it might have been like half the movie, even regular non-special effects scenes looked like they were sped up. but this movie was surprisingly funny and really different. the concept is awesome and i love that it wasn't just consequence free fun, it really felt like they were all terrified and the game was a horror. and seeing what happened with the public was hilarious. the animals were funny, if only they used better CGI. so many cool parts, so many memorable moments. i thought kirsten's character was really funny. and robin williams was great. i was thinking about how cool it would be if they had today's special effects, but the big budget, start studded remake was absolutely awful.
with everything at their fingertips, they wrote garbage. this movie with all it's flaws, absolutely poops on welcome to the jungle (about 4 viewings)
½ February 19, 2018
A Ok Movie But Still Worth Watching To See Robin Williams
February 16, 2018
A classic and still great today.