Jumanji - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jumanji Reviews

½ January 13, 2018
this is just the beginning..

Jumanji

Brewing a new concept is difficult but luckily it doesn't take much time to settle in and after it does it is quite adventurous.
½ January 11, 2018
A childhood classic of mine
January 10, 2018
An adventure for the whole family that brings the action of a safari to your backyard.
January 8, 2018
A stupid yet enjoyable movie.
January 8, 2018
(4.5 out of 6)
When such places we go to is in the game when time stands still until we are freed. When we know where other people are when some places hold us when we are old whether it's when we are alive or dead to know such places are still there. When other things are not there but still in the same place, we know such places nothing much happens. When we know why others went to other places when misfortune runs into them and others are accused to see life can change in such places.
When we see what some games takes us when it's places where we are put to the test in what kind of character we are when it counts to face unchartered places whether it's new feelings, new places, new responsibilities, and growing up that we stand up to it.
When some places we rather be when it with those who care about us those we meet in the future. When other things make it to different places looking for new players.
½ January 7, 2018
CGI must have been extremely outstanding in 1995 year. Thinly plotted but fun at parts.
January 6, 2018
(43/100)
Graphics look straight out of the PS2. Plot is also quite poor.
January 2, 2018
I enjoyed this more than the recent remake to be honest. It works better and is more faithful to the original story. Plus, having the late, great Robin Williams is never bad either. Still good to watch.
½ January 2, 2018
A favourite childhood movie for many! Great story that is not like any other. The graphics are pretty bad but I guess for the time that was what it was like. Overall a great classic to pass through the generations.
December 31, 2017
Jumanji stars the late and great Robin Williams with Bonnie Hunt. Robin plays Allan Parrish who gets stuck in the board game only to come back after 26 years. The family continues to play the game till someone wins the game. The movie was fun to watch with great CGI effects from 1995. My son watched this movie several times a day enjoying every minute of it. Great family movie to watch over and over again.
½ December 31, 2017
Jumanji may be a lot of fun but is marred by the Cgi in parts which looks very dated and not quite fit for purpose, particularly the monkeys and the lion. The story works well enough as does the whole concept of the Jumanji game itself but the movie seems somehow rushed.
December 30, 2017
One of the best movies ever, outstanding story, acting, engaging, very funny and entertaining
December 30, 2017
the only real jumanji
December 29, 2017
I've seen this movie way too many times.
½ December 28, 2017
Jumanji offers a unique story with some cool moments, but never takes advantage of it's goofy premise and instead, takes itself a little too seriously, creating an overall gloomy and bland family film.

2.5/5 stars
½ December 26, 2017
Jumanji is boring and does not hold up.
½ December 25, 2017
"Jumanji" is a very fun and thrilling classic. The premise is original and the visual effects are very good for the time. Robin William's performance isn't quite as funny as he is in other movies, but he is likable here as he always was. The movie was full of a sense of adventure and keeps you on the edge of your seat. I remember watching this movie as a kid and genuinely getting scared in places. Even today, it puts a smile on my face and manages to keep me entertained. The movie holds up better than a movie about a board game coming to life should. It isn't anything groundbreaking, but it is a solid movie that is a good time to watch.
½ December 23, 2017
Maybe corny at times, and the special effects don't hold up pretty well, but overall its technical flaws, Joe Johnston's adaptation of Chris Van Allsburg novel is fun enough, thrilling and family friendly as intended to for its premise, with excitement and performed well enough to pass through its inevitable 90s esthetic that made it a true product of its time, but benefit from the presence of a charismatic cast and the always dazzling Robin Williams.
December 22, 2017
One of the best children's movie.
December 19, 2017
This is a movie that should be brought back to the big screen!
Classic, fun, exciting and gets the heart going in every way! Hopefully they make a legit sequel to this movie and follow the story of the game being on the beach... (thump thump...thump thump...)