Jumanji - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jumanji Reviews

½ January 19, 2019
Dodgy editing and special effects, but the kids-movie plot wins the day, with a good mix of scares and laughs.
January 3, 2019
This movie is a classic. A must-watch. Screw everyone who says that they hated this movie. It was funny, action-packed and was more unpredictable than not. And to all the others saying "tHiS mOVie sUCkeD bEcAuSe tHE sPEciAL eFfEcTS wEre sO ObViOUs aNd cGi", shut the f**k up this movie was made in 1995, and a movie's value shouldn't be solely based on special effects, and the special effects weren't absolutely horrible. Also, Robin Williams was the perfect choice for this movie. God rest his soul.
December 20, 2018
CLASSIC ONE OF MY SONS FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME
December 16, 2018
Unlike the cash grab remake, this version of Jumanji plays with heart!
December 13, 2018
a great idea and fantastic execution the story is an awesome one and will make you want to re watch it again and again and buy the replica and watch zathura and show your kids because of the movie and obviously because of robin Williams but you already knew that
December 6, 2018
My childhood in one word. Watched thousands of times. 23 years have passed but it's still great!
½ November 12, 2018
This film was almost good.
½ November 6, 2018
This is a decent film. Jumanji is a delightful film for the whole family. Such a delightful family film. I loved Robin Williams in this, he is great as usual. His chemistry with Bonnie Hunt was amazing. Kirsten Dunst was alright. It honestly took me so many years to find out that she was in this movie. I can't believe she played Judy. Bradley Pierce was pretty good as Peter. I remember watching Jumanji with my aunt, uncle, brother, and cousin back then when I was a kid. I watched it yesterday on TV and I still like it. The ending was good, but it kind of bummed me out because because the two Shepherd kids didn't remember Alan, that was my only true complaint about the movie.

Rating: 6.6/10
October 20, 2018
I don't understand why critics hate this movie, because this film is a classic.
½ October 14, 2018
The characters in the movie were all likable unlike Zathura however the film is littered with terrible cgi for the animals.
October 10, 2018
How are these scores possible? everything i know is a lie...
September 22, 2018
I love this film so much. It's magical. Robin Williams makes the movie. The storyline, everything. This original Jumanji will ALWAYS be the best! ??
September 20, 2018
Jumanji is a film directed by Joe Johnston starring comedic actor Robin Williams who actually gives a pretty decent performance in this 1995 classic family film! This movie isn't without it's flaws. There are honestly some pretty bad special effects with CGI, some very bland performances, & more times than not, I was very confused as to how the rules of the game of jumanji was supposed to work because it was often inconsistent. But all in all I did have a good amount of fun while viewing this movie! The effects while often lame did display some pretty cool ideas like stampedes of animals crushing through the town, an indoor monsoon flooding an entire house, a huge infestation of plant life consuming the interior of the main character's home, & even moments when characters seemed to get what i'd call "disintegrated" or "vanish" look alright enough and offer somewhat neat visuals. There are some wooden performances from the two main kids portrayed by Kirsten Dust (Who is a decent actress) & Bradley Pierce, Bonnie Hunt also can give a few strange deliveries with her lines more times than not. Johnathan Hyde plays a hunter trying to chase our main protagonist & he isn't that bad, the make-up & his outfit look pretty interesting. Hyde plays a very entertaining antagonist & David Alan Grier definitely gets the most laughs out of me just from his reactions alone. Seeing how much abuse the car driven by the Carl character can take is humorous at times but is truly a shtick done many times in other movies. It really is a blast to see all of the crazy things that come out of the board game each time a character rolls the dice. This film has some decent atmosphere & a couple toughing emotional moments in it that I know some people could enjoy as where others could find it corny or cliched. "Jumanji (1995)" has it's charm & is mostly looked at more fondly by kids who grew up in the 90s decade than film critics for obvious reasons. Plenty of the effects are pretty awful & there are a couple ugly visuals every now & then sprinkled into this feature. If you watched this as a kid you may come back to view it and still have fun but if you haven't seen this in your youth and are wondering if as an adult if this will hold your interest it most likely won't but I bet there could be some things in this film for everyone to get a mild amount of entertainment from. If you're looking for a mindless yet still fun & adventurous family movie this is a decent flick to watch.
½ September 4, 2018
A film with so much potential and originality, but fails to live up to the book it was based on due to a weak script and a director who likes to throw ideas rather than developing its plot and characters. "Jumanji" is sadly one of Robin William's worst works. He's good as always, but it's not enough to save this film from crumbling into its own mess.
½ September 2, 2018
Playing board game that comes to life with Robin Williams - how cool is that?
August 27, 2018
Pretty decent movie. Jumanji is a good movie. I saw it back when I was a very young baby and a little kid. My parents used to have the vhs of it and then I upgraded the film to dvd. I have enjoyed it from what it was. Yes I know there are some people that might be a little silly with the special effects but they were still unique.
August 13, 2018
This is one of the best movie's from my childhood. It is still soooo good!
August 11, 2018
Classic, feel good family movie! I enjoyed it as a child, and still do with my family today!
½ August 10, 2018
Este clásico del cine de aventuras es tan original que no logras percatarte de todos los error ridículos que puede tener y logras disfrutar un buen rato con personajes de gran carisma y una historia agradable.