Jumanji - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jumanji Reviews

½ November 12, 2018
This film was almost good.
½ November 6, 2018
This is a decent film. Jumanji is a delightful film for the whole family. Such a delightful family film. I loved Robin Williams in this, he is great as usual. His chemistry with Bonnie Hunt was amazing. Kirsten Dunst was alright. It honestly took me so many years to find out that she was in this movie. I can't believe she played Judy. Bradley Pierce was pretty good as Peter. I remember watching Jumanji with my aunt, uncle, brother, and cousin back then when I was a kid. I watched it yesterday on TV and I still like it. The ending was good, but it kind of bummed me out because because the two Shepherd kids didn't remember Alan, that was my only true complaint about the movie.

Rating: 6.6/10
October 20, 2018
I don't understand why critics hate this movie, because this film is a classic.
½ October 14, 2018
The characters in the movie were all likable unlike Zathura however the film is littered with terrible cgi for the animals.
October 10, 2018
How are these scores possible? everything i know is a lie...
September 22, 2018
I love this film so much. It's magical. Robin Williams makes the movie. The storyline, everything. This original Jumanji will ALWAYS be the best! ??
September 20, 2018
Jumanji is a film directed by Joe Johnston starring comedic actor Robin Williams who actually gives a pretty decent performance in this 1995 classic family film! This movie isn't without it's flaws. There are honestly some pretty bad special effects with CGI, some very bland performances, & more times than not, I was very confused as to how the rules of the game of jumanji was supposed to work because it was often inconsistent. But all in all I did have a good amount of fun while viewing this movie! The effects while often lame did display some pretty cool ideas like stampedes of animals crushing through the town, an indoor monsoon flooding an entire house, a huge infestation of plant life consuming the interior of the main character's home, & even moments when characters seemed to get what i'd call "disintegrated" or "vanish" look alright enough and offer somewhat neat visuals. There are some wooden performances from the two main kids portrayed by Kirsten Dust (Who is a decent actress) & Bradley Pierce, Bonnie Hunt also can give a few strange deliveries with her lines more times than not. Johnathan Hyde plays a hunter trying to chase our main protagonist & he isn't that bad, the make-up & his outfit look pretty interesting. Hyde plays a very entertaining antagonist & David Alan Grier definitely gets the most laughs out of me just from his reactions alone. Seeing how much abuse the car driven by the Carl character can take is humorous at times but is truly a shtick done many times in other movies. It really is a blast to see all of the crazy things that come out of the board game each time a character rolls the dice. This film has some decent atmosphere & a couple toughing emotional moments in it that I know some people could enjoy as where others could find it corny or cliched. "Jumanji (1995)" has it's charm & is mostly looked at more fondly by kids who grew up in the 90s decade than film critics for obvious reasons. Plenty of the effects are pretty awful & there are a couple ugly visuals every now & then sprinkled into this feature. If you watched this as a kid you may come back to view it and still have fun but if you haven't seen this in your youth and are wondering if as an adult if this will hold your interest it most likely won't but I bet there could be some things in this film for everyone to get a mild amount of entertainment from. If you're looking for a mindless yet still fun & adventurous family movie this is a decent flick to watch.
½ September 4, 2018
A film with so much potential and originality, but fails to live up to the book it was based on due to a weak script and a director who likes to throw ideas rather than developing its plot and characters. "Jumanji" is sadly one of Robin William's worst works. He's good as always, but it's not enough to save this film from crumbling into its own mess.
½ September 2, 2018
Playing board game that comes to life with Robin Williams - how cool is that?
August 27, 2018
Pretty decent movie. Jumanji is a good movie. I saw it back when I was a very young baby and a little kid. My parents used to have the vhs of it and then I upgraded the film to dvd. I have enjoyed it from what it was. Yes I know there are some people that might be a little silly with the special effects but they were still unique.
August 13, 2018
This is one of the best movie's from my childhood. It is still soooo good!
August 11, 2018
Classic, feel good family movie! I enjoyed it as a child, and still do with my family today!
½ August 10, 2018
Este clßsico del cine de aventuras es tan original que no logras percatarte de todos los error ridÝculos que puede tener y logras disfrutar un buen rato con personajes de gran carisma y una historia agradable.
August 7, 2018
Loved watching this movie growing up. I was so scared to play the board game! Haha
July 29, 2018
A wonderful adventure.
½ July 29, 2018
There ware some cool and entertaining things going on but it's very lacking in plot as far as why the game is being played and what the expected result for winning would be.
½ July 29, 2018
Cult del cinema che rimpiango di non aver visto quando ero pi¨ piccolo, davvero davvero bello. La storia di questo gioco Ŕ fantastica e mi ha coinvolto per tutto il film. Robin Williams era un grandissimo attore e qui deve lottare con la figura del padre , infatti il cacciatore (Van Pelt) e il padre sono interpretati dallo stesso attore. Unico piccolo difetto del film sono gli effetti speciali che nella maggior parte dei casi sono belli e credibili, per˛ in poche occasioni non perfetti, ad esempio in alcune scene delle scimmie, ma essendo passati 23 anni ci pu˛ stare. Veramente un ottimo film di intrattenimento.
½ July 24, 2018
Your standard "kids find a haunted board game in the attic" jungle adventure. All sarcasm aside, Jumanji merits points for dreaming up a fun, simple formula that allows for all sorts of unexpected mayhem without completely losing track of reality. A little mysticism never hurt anyone, I suppose, apart from the random lady who was just stung into a coma by a roving band of gigantic, bloodthirsty mosquitoes.

Robin Williams is a good choice for the lead, pairing his rough, burly figure with a boyish charm, which makes him both endearing to his young costars and physically appropriate for the action scenes. He doesn't have a lot of room to improvise, though, which is a drawback, and the ambitious special effects have aged very poorly. Hammy supporting work from David Alan Grier doesn't help the cause, fitting right in with the slow stream of hollow secondary characters, though Jonathan Hyde does deserve positive marks in a limited villainous role. It tries to reach for substance and heart, but in the end this one is just a simple slab of watery, kid-friendly action with an unusually good hook.
July 12, 2018
Classic film! Robin W plays the role with great pathos and heart, he was such an under utilised talent in his latter years. The way the game takes over the town is fantastical and it managers to capture the spirit that embodied a lot of Children's fantasy of the 90's. I know that the newest film was a big success but i do hope that the next instalment returns to a mash up of The Rock and the game taking over the location the film is set in.