Jumanji - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jumanji Reviews

½ September 29, 2016
Horrible effects and forgettable characters
September 22, 2016
Classic 90's kids film. Loved it, always have always will
½ September 14, 2016
Entertaining and funny family movie.
August 21, 2016
I am fucking pissed at this unfair score. This film needs to be at least a 90%
½ August 18, 2016
You can watch it over and over and never get bored
August 8, 2016
The movie is an awesome movie, dispite the dated special effects of the 90's, the movie is funny and has a kiddish feel and vibe. Thus, the movie is a great piece of entertainment. Again, the special effects are not terrible, but but they're dated as hell. I've seen movies in the 70's and 80's that have better special effects than this movie does, at some points. The monkeys and giant spiders are the worst effects in this movie, other than that, the other ones are better.
½ July 25, 2016
A film to watch once a year and still enjoy just as much, Great story and effects for its time.
July 24, 2016
This is a fun adventure movie with twists and turns. Holly Hunter and Robin Williams worked really well together. This is one of those movies that both parents and kids can watch together and enjoy.
½ July 6, 2016
It's a comedy classic.Transports you right back to your childhood. Why not dream like a kid again?
½ June 30, 2016
Despite the fact that I am a huge Robin Williams fan, I had never seen Jumanji, it just never appealed to me, but even since Williams' untimely passing, I've been trying to view his entire filmography. I also wanted to catch the original film, before its reputation was irreparably damaged by next years re-make, featuring the Rock, Jack Black, and Kevin Hart. The film focuses on young Alan Parrish (Robin Williams), the son of a rich industrialist, who is always in the way. One day, he finds a weird board game, buried in a construction site, and decides to play with a friend, but this is no ordinary game, and Alan becomes trapped inside for decades. It isn't until two kids, moving into a new house discover the game and start to play it, that Alan is freed. Not wanting these kids, to face the same fate he did, they track down his old friend, and decide to finish the game and put the madness to an end. I think when Robin Williams played a child or a crazy person he was at his best. Those were the time when he could really just let go, be free, and be truly hilarious. As in most films like this, Williams is the film, the rest of the cast revolves around him, and without him, this is just another kids movie. Kids love these quirky, weird films, and parents hate being dragged to them, but Williams had a way of making both sides happy and making them both want to see it, that's what Jumanji was. For all intense and purposes this is a kids movie, with Williams acting like a big kid, but making adult jokes, innuendoes, and just being that guy who made him a legend.
June 12, 2016
Really good. Another Robin Williams masterpiece.
June 4, 2016
The CGI doesn't hold up, at all, which is a wasted opportunity!
May 20, 2016
As a kid I loved it, as an adult not so much
½ May 15, 2016
Never got around to seeing it.. the "family movie"-ness of it put me off, but I do want to see it sometime. When I can be bothered.
½ May 5, 2016
Jumanji is directed by Joe Johnston, and it stars Robin Williams, Helen Hunt, Kirsten Dunst, and Bradley Pierce in an adaptation film of the 1981 children's book with the name title by Chris Van Allsburg about a kid that found a board game called Jumanji, and his friend and him played it, but while playing the game, some events start occurring, even one of the players get stuck in the game. Many years later, two new kids found the game also and start playing it too. Jumanji or Aladdin were the first films that I watched that has the late Robin Williams in it. So with Jumanji, it really holds up as much as I thought it would. The idea in that time is original and it makes every advantage point of imagination in it. Robin Williams still gives a great performance in it and is definitely the funniest part of the film. The acting is also pretty good, and the special effects still look good, except for some effects that look pretty dated. There are some character development that weren't really that fleshed out, but that's all the negative that I can come up with because I grew up watching films like this that have a lot of creative ideas with it, and I never get bored with those kinds of films.
April 26, 2016
This to me was one of the best adventure movies when I was a kid. It was so enjoyable, now it is very dated but still fun to watch!
April 25, 2016
How come this has a 48% this movie is fun!
April 18, 2016
April 9, 2016
Great to watch with your kids.
March 23, 2016
This is one of my all time favourite films. It's one of those kids movies that has a weird creepy edge to it. The special effects were great for the time, and Robin Williams usually grating personality worked well with this character. GOOD!