Reviews

• Nov 28, 2021

bloody good, one the best movies that i watched when i was a kid

bloody good, one the best movies that i watched when i was a kid

• Nov 15, 2021

It's a fun movie with almost great pacing and entertaining scenes. The first few scenes where the kids were introduced are the scenes that took up some time for me. Despite the outdated CGI, some of the effects it stills hold up today, like the stampede animals for example. Great movie overall and highly recommend it and it has replay value for me

• Nov 10, 2021

A classic 90's movie following a magical and exceptionally dangerous board game that wreaks havoc on all those who play! Robin Williams is as endearing as ever and a young Kirsten Dunst also proves to be a capable actor. The premise allows for a lot of excitement, but the dated CGI and inability to let Williams adlib holds it back for me.

• Oct 19, 2021

While the CGI is dated and the movie could accomplish much more with its premise, Jumanji is harmless, charming family fun.

• Oct 07, 2021

I liked Jumanji 2 and wanted to see the original and let's just say they are completely different movies in tone, pacing and quality. I also can't beleive it but Robin Williams does not save this movie. First and foremost this is a 1995 special effects movie. Meaning the entire budget was 2 things. The main actor, and the effects. So enter robin willimas and then a pretty dismal cast beyond that where even if the actor is good they have like 3 min of screen time. Now the effects. These are some of the worst effects to hit a screen for a movie with this budget, but its a product of the time. This was 1995 a time when effects were tranisitioning from practical to CG and CG was not up to the task. The animals in this all have uncanny valley and the movie is just wholy uncomfortable to watch. The monkeys are nightmare material. The tone. I felt this movie could not decide what it wanted to be. A comedy, an adventure, a mystery, a romance, a horror movie? I think it tried to be all things to all people and failed in every way. Lastly the writing and characters. The characters have no realistic behavior. The cop barely reacts or takes control of situations where citizens are clearly in danger. He just watches screams and cracks jokes as nonsensical stuff happens and people shoot at each other. The main character essentially kidnaps a woman against her will and threatens to stab her with a sword when she tries to leave. Not to mention he took no ownership standing up to his dad and allowing his friend to lose his job. So the characters have major morality gaps but are presented as heros. Summary - effects like this cost a lot in those days so the effects are sparse and when they show up they are 1995 direct from the uncanny valley. The non effect filler is terrible writing acting and character development. Totally skip this movie.

• Aug 17, 2021

Jumanji is the a movie that won the status quo of a classic with everything against itself. A film of childhoods. 8/10

• Aug 16, 2021

15.08.2021 ---------

15.08.2021 ---------

• Aug 15, 2021

Williams enlivens the film, creating an entertaining, action-packed film with very little flaws.

• Aug 11, 2021

Not a great movie but this did bring about the Movie Zarathuza a movie about kids that discover a game alot like Jumanji but its in Outer Space. But This movie is alot better than Jumanji, it was far to scary for me!!

• Jul 01, 2021

Amazing movie to watch either with kids, either part of you when you were kid still Alive !