Jumanji Reviews

• 6h ago

Fun loving 90s film to always enjoy.

Fun loving 90s film to always enjoy.

• Oct 13, 2020

Hokey writing and dated special effects keep this 1990's family film from being anything great. However, I do appreciate its creative premise and acting from Robin Williams and Bonnie Hunt, despite everything else just being okay.

• Sep 30, 2020

Exelente pelicula, para verla junto a toda la familia, un clásico y tiene lo mejor de Robin Williams

• Sep 08, 2020

Y'all gave Jumanji 54%?!? Do y'all get paid to rate these movies, cause somebody is mailing this shit in!!! Film defined a damn generation and taught us how shoes were made!!! Shoes I'll wear to kick whoever's ass only gave jumanji a 54% approval rating!!!

• Sep 06, 2020

it's a fun movie, for the whole family. It has a good idea and with the special effects "good" for the time (except the monkeys, that is awful) but it is a good film

• Sep 05, 2020

Enjoyable for all ages

Enjoyable for all ages

• Sep 03, 2020

The original Jumanji is quite frankly one of, if not the best kids film ever made. For me the only film that could pip it to number one would probably be the Goonies. But to come second to or close enough to the Goonies is a massive achievement. Jumanji was so unique when it first came out in 1995. The effects at the time were next generation. They haven't held up as well over time with what we can have on screen now but for 1995 they're bloody impressive. The story was also something very different. Having Alan go into the game only to come back out years later with all the animals was a brilliant twist. They've done two films continuing Jumanji in the recent years starring The Rock & Kevin Hart but they just don't hold a candle to this movie. That being said, they're actually a lot more enjoyable than I thought they were going to be when they were announced. They both do not hold a candle on the original though. Don't believe the reviews there. The original is a film that has stood up so well over time and still is just as gripping and magical now as it was when it was first released. Plus with Rotten Tomatoes it wasn't really around at the time so just ignore their critics score. The original Jumanji was a product of its time. These days, kids films are so watered down and stupid that they're almost insulting to kids. Jumanji was a 90's film so it worked in some pretty adult themes while also being ok still for kids. We as adults can also still enjoy this movie now which I'm sure kids in the future won't say the same about films they're growing up with now. To be one of the best kid films ever made even now 25 years later is some testament. In fact a poll I did on my instagram the other day had this film more popular than the Goonies by a 34% margin. As a film it is one of the most remembered of that era for kids. One of the main reasons it's remembered so fondly is the incredible performance by Robin Williams. He had some great films that we all remember and love from that era but Jumanji may be his most popular alongside Mrs. Doubtfire. For me though this is the much superior film and definitely less creepy to rewatch when you're older. His untimely death hit us all hard and was one of those celebrity deaths we all really felt. He had touched many of our hearts with his movies and to see him die in such a way was just horrible for everyone who loved his movies and the great entertainer he was. Jumanji is the film for me that really reminds me why he was so great and won't be forgotten. It's a timeless classic and a movie that every kid and adult alike must see! Check out my site LifeLowdown.com for more Film & TV news!

• Aug 01, 2020

this is a great kids' movie!

this is a great kids' movie!

• Jul 14, 2020

An entertaining adventure flick, combined with Johnston's direction, the script by Allsburg, Hensleigh, Taylor and Strain, the performances of the cast, Horner's score, Ackerman's cinematography, Dalva's editing, Bissell's production design, the set decoration by Kuchera, Kushnick and Lewis, Snetsinger and Still's costume design, action sequences and visual effects, Jumanji is a fun adventure flick!!!

• Jul 14, 2020

An exciting fantasy adventure, that despite some plot shortcomings, it offers enough fun and charm for all ages, with an emotive and thrilling narrative, impressive visual effects for its time, a talented cast, and a memorable and iconic lead performance from Robin Williams.