Scream Reviews

• 2d ago

Scream was quite surprising since a lot of horror movies before the 2000's are pretty cheesy and the blood in them is obviously fake. I thought this would've been another violent but awkwardly funny 90's horror movie but it turned out to be actually a lot more than that. However, it would've been better if I didn't search up who the killer was before the end. The acting was impressive throughout the entire movie, and the plot and ending still seemed to be clever with such a simple and not impossible to guess outcome. However, what I didn't like is, and it was supposed to be like this, how annoying the character Stu is. Also, I dislike his friend Randy, who is just as annoying and hyperactive as Stu. It was good to see Courtney's Cox changed her attitude in the end, though.

• Jul 21, 2021

Literally the best slasher of all time! Fun and exciting all throughout and amazing acting (Something you don’t usually see on a slasher film)!

• Jul 16, 2021

Genre breaking, starting, redefining, not sure the right word, but it was a great new wave horror slasher film, still is.

• Jul 13, 2021

"Scream" is mostly captivating, but lacks focus. The self-referential aspects are fairly interesting up to a point and some of the comedy is welcome, but they overdo both. Lillard's hideous OTT performance as well as the forced jokes and continuous smartass meta horror references dampen the overall impact, not to mention the idiocy of several characters. I mean, how seriously would you take a killer who leaves fingerprints everywhere and chooses to bleed profusely before killing off his victims?

• Jul 09, 2021

Literally my favorite movie of all time

Literally my favorite movie of all time

• Jun 20, 2021

The movie is truly a horror classic..and give us GHOSTFACE for the first time..Neve Campbell as a scream queen is amazing..

• Jun 14, 2021

Best movie ever. My favorite slasher film out there.

Best movie ever. My favorite slasher film out there.

• May 31, 2021

Do gênero slasher, o melhor!

Do gênero slasher, o melhor!

• May 30, 2021

Not a horror fan but this is a good watch

Not a horror fan but this is a good watch

• May 27, 2021

Very self aware of itself, it's almost more of a satire than a horror movie. Man, Neve is really cute. It does a good job relaying how the media is so obsessed with getting it's next big story, that they'll practically whore themselves out or try and create the story. I love the callbacks to Freddy Krueger and Nightmare on Elm like with the janitor wearing a stripped red and green sweater. Oh my god lmao Matthew Lillard is hilarious. This movie is very 90's. The fashion the music. Surprisingly smart and clever. The way the movie made me triple think who the killer was and the way the movie plays around with conventional horror cliches and expectations in a satirical way was very fresh. First I thought it could have been Billy, then I thought it was Dewey, never thought it was Stu. I enjoyed it, really liked it. Not as much as Nightmare on Elm but still a good satirical horror movie. I can see how this movie reinvigorated the whole horror genre.