The Time Machine - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Time Machine Reviews

½ October 5, 2016
It just wasn't very interesting. Never saw the original but thankfully it wasn't too long.
September 22, 2016
I enjoyed this Sci-fi film based on the novel by H.G. Wells. I wish the film had a little bit more storyline for some of the scenes depicting the main character traveling to the future.
August 27, 2016
The time machine is another generic sci-fi thriller that it so bad it's good
August 14, 2016
An underrated film which I found very enjoyable. It's a new take on the novel by H.G. Wells, which IMO is even better than the book!
August 9, 2016
A simplistic yet entertaining adaptation of Wells' story that removes the smart social commentary and focuses on action with little imagination, but while it has some problems, it will be enough fun for time travel fans.
July 28, 2016
Time Machine has a good concept, but the execution wasn't good. Confusing story, dull performance, good action, and the special effects were good, but either then that it was a dull film.
June 16, 2016
has quite a pedigree since its directed by the author's great grandson Simon Wells and today's EFX but they still stole from the 1960 version in all, not a bad remake at all.
½ May 6, 2016
It's muddled and has tone shifting issues, but it's worth the watch to see Jeremy Irons as a Morlock.
March 30, 2016
3/30/2016: I haven't read the book, but I assume the film was a complete disaster compared to it. There really wasn't anything good about the movie. There were sparks of potential, but everything just fell flat.
½ February 24, 2016
I guess I enjoyed this movie more than most wasn't perfect and had lots of potential but it's still a very solid Sci-Fi flick.
January 28, 2016
"What If?"

This Is A Movie That Makes You Think About How Short 120 Minutes Are; What If A Movie Could Be Longer, Would It Be, More Developed: Then What It Was?

A Lot Of Things Were Way Under Developed But I Don't Think It Will Diminish The Entertainment All That Much.

I Give This Film A C + (Common) ***
September 4, 2015
I really liked this movie. I thought it brought an unexpected adventure and it definately wasn't as recognized as it should have been. It starts out in the early 19th Century as a love story then turns into a wild adventure. It has futuristic characters and sci-fi scenes and movie monsters that came out of the blue. In my eyes, this was a hidden gem.
½ August 7, 2015
SETT: 05.04.2002,
SETT: 14.03.2003,
SETT: 07.08.2015
½ June 15, 2015
Does not know what genre it wants to be and just unravels in the middle.
½ April 25, 2015
Good first 1/3 of movie, turn of century NYC, near future NYC, rest is a mess
Jeremy Irons and Alan Young cameos
Orlando Jones as Vox 114
April 10, 2015
Beautiful visuals, beautiful music, great acting, and much better then the wordy 1960's film
March 8, 2015
nice plot, surprising story, but i don't like the end (it's love.... ah, just like as usual),
March 1, 2015
I rather watch around the world in 80 days. This film lacks the real vision of the writer.
February 16, 2015
This is yet another remake of a great classic. I like how it was done. The music is exceptional. The special effects were well done. I've watched this one many times.

Man looses his woman on the night he proposes. She's killed in a mugging so he builds a time machine to change the past. Yet things don't work as he had hoped so he heads to the future to find answers.