The Time Machine - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Time Machine Reviews

March 5, 2017
One of my all time favourite films. Have watched several times, never get tired of it!
January 25, 2017
This movie will always be one of my favorites of all time. I only wish it was longer so I could have spent more time in this world. Not sure why people have so much hate for it, this is pretty much everything I wanted from this movie and more. The musical score alone is enough to keep you happy for awhile. Haters are gonna hate, but this is one movie that I have to watch on a regular basis.
½ January 1, 2017
An uninspired remake. It was boring and made me sleepy. Watch the 1960 version instead. (First and only viewing - 5/23/2010)
½ December 29, 2016
Remake remade by most digital technology, not to mention the presence of real actors and a bad as Jeremy Irons only seen in the last scenes
December 24, 2016
A simplistic yet entertaining adaptation that eliminates the smart social commentary found in H. G. Wells' story and focuses on a lot of action with very little imagination, but while it has some problems, it will be enough fun for time travel fans.
October 27, 2016
I wanted this to be good and it wasn't.
½ October 5, 2016
It just wasn't very interesting. Never saw the original but thankfully it wasn't too long.
September 22, 2016
I enjoyed this Sci-fi film based on the novel by H.G. Wells. I wish the film had a little bit more storyline for some of the scenes depicting the main character traveling to the future.
August 27, 2016
The time machine is another generic sci-fi thriller that it so bad it's good
August 14, 2016
An underrated film which I found very enjoyable. It's a new take on the novel by H.G. Wells, which IMO is even better than the book!
July 28, 2016
Time Machine has a good concept, but the execution wasn't good. Confusing story, dull performance, good action, and the special effects were good, but either then that it was a dull film.
June 16, 2016
has quite a pedigree since its directed by the author's great grandson Simon Wells and today's EFX but they still stole from the 1960 version in all, not a bad remake at all.
½ May 6, 2016
It's muddled and has tone shifting issues, but it's worth the watch to see Jeremy Irons as a Morlock.
March 30, 2016
3/30/2016: I haven't read the book, but I assume the film was a complete disaster compared to it. There really wasn't anything good about the movie. There were sparks of potential, but everything just fell flat.
½ February 24, 2016
I guess I enjoyed this movie more than most did....it wasn't perfect and had lots of potential but it's still a very solid Sci-Fi flick.
January 28, 2016
"What If?"

***

This Is A Movie That Makes You Think About How Short 120 Minutes Are; What If A Movie Could Be Longer, Would It Be, More Developed: Then What It Was?

A Lot Of Things Were Way Under Developed But I Don't Think It Will Diminish The Entertainment All That Much.

I Give This Film A C + (Common) ***
September 4, 2015
I really liked this movie. I thought it brought an unexpected adventure and it definately wasn't as recognized as it should have been. It starts out in the early 19th Century as a love story then turns into a wild adventure. It has futuristic characters and sci-fi scenes and movie monsters that came out of the blue. In my eyes, this was a hidden gem.
½ August 7, 2015
SETT: 05.04.2002,
SETT: 14.03.2003,
SETT: 07.08.2015
½ June 15, 2015
Does not know what genre it wants to be and just unravels in the middle.