Torque - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Torque Reviews

April 27, 2019
A simple, mindless, action movie centered around explosions, motorcycle chases, and semi-nude women. With a decent ending plot-twist, this film scores average at best.
November 22, 2018
Mindless motorcycle film.
September 23, 2018
I went for fun and it was fun. A big dumb fun ride.
½ April 21, 2017
this is undoubtedly the worse movie I have ever seen. 5 minutes in and I knew it. but I have a fever, and I feel too sick to even bother with anything else. with that being said, this movie makes me wish I would just die already. what a pile of trash.
½ August 12, 2016
Bad. Just really, really bad.
April 25, 2016
What the hell did i just watch - is the one question that keep going through my head. This movie takes shots at fast and furious and acts like parody if anything. Sure the movie knows what it is, and doesn't shy away from it, but its no excuse to put something like this out. That CGI chase at the end is just dumb.
½ February 21, 2016
6/21/2016: A decent cast and even the plot wasn't horrible, but it was not executed well. It was way over the top as far as action goes. The Fast and Furious movies can get away with it because they've become a franchise.
January 19, 2016
Lmao. Terrible, terrible movie. So horrible it's worth watching just to laugh at it. How many cliches can they fit in one movie.
October 30, 2015
Original cast member from Shortland Street tries on an American accent and a few road bikes. In a crotch rocket derivative of The Fast and the Furious with CGI remnisent of Catwoman it almost makes the mark.
½ July 21, 2015
Brainless and scriptless.
February 24, 2015
To quote Phil Coulson from Agents of Shield: "stupid, stupid, stupid! Cruel...and stupid!"
October 23, 2014
Lord this is one of the dumbest action movies I've seen....& THAT'S SAYING SOMETHING ! I couldn't tell if this movie was a comedy or if it actually wanted us to take all that macho posing & those fake as shit bike stunts seriously
½ August 3, 2014
Couldn't even finish it.
June 19, 2014
Ha. I'd rather mop the floors at a peep show than ever watch this again.
May 7, 2014
This movie is one of those "guilty pleasure" movies with terrible acting and an uninteresting "story", but visually attractive and a shot of adrenaline for an action junkie.
May 3, 2014
Decided to do this review as a tribute to the movie as it just recently came out on Blu-ray. In the early years of 2000-2005, car movies were blowing up with the Fast and Furious franchise and there were no real 'bike' movers aside from 'Biker boyz', which I will refuse to acknowledge. Torque's basically the fast and furious equivalent but without a star studded cast. Because of this, a lot of the movie suffers but it's mostly not their fault as the script is horrible; with cliches everywhere and over-dramatizations of simple things. The story is okay at best; it's logical and the audience can follow it, but no big surprises or plot twists. Ford and Shane were a C couple at best, but there were times when they were sweet and Martin Henderson brought a real charm to Ford as a character. But make no mistake; the entire movie is a cliche and predictable. The real reason for people to watch this is the action. Now again, with this movie, it's important to consider timeline. In 2004 CGI was blowing up on screen with some of the best movies taking advantage of it. A lot of CGi was used in this movie but there were some actual stunts that were pretty good, even if stunt doubles were abound. The action was good with it being fast paced and appropriate tense music during scenes. Soundtrack, as mentioned before was pretty decent too, with Nickelback's 'Someday' being the theme song. Man, talk about flashback. I'm torn about this movie as me reviewing as a critic, it's roughly 5/10 because of uninteresting plot, bad performances and too much CGI. But as that 15 year old that saw the movie 10 years ago when it now came out, I still remember screaming at how cool I thought the movie was and how awesome the action was. Torque has unfortunately not withstood the test of time as it was a bit of a pain to watch over in 2014 as I've been exposed to way better movies of the genre and better movies in general, but still. I recommend giving it a re-watch for the nostalgia and to soothe that action-lovin' teenager inside you. I know I did. 4/10
½ February 24, 2014
Torque was boasted as a motorcycle racing film which was produced by the team behind The Fast and the Furious films, so I figured I'd try it.

That was a massive mistake because Torque proved dumb enough to give viewers a concussion.
It opens with a poorly filmed race sequence which has shaky cinematography and no positive visual elements to boast about, and follows it with less and less elements worth watching until I finally decided to walk away from it.
While the shiny cars and the soundtrack will appeal to the MTV generation and the less intelligent of the young male crowd, anybody in their right mind would keep away from Torque.
The script in Torque is just pathetic. It is way too forced and packed to the limit with cliche dialogue which is pathetic. I mean the script just gets dumber and dumber and dumber as the story goes on and it murders the brain cells in the brain of whoever is ignorant enough to watch Torque, which in this case was unfortunately me.
And the action sequences were excessively bland and dull with no exhilaration whatsoever, and there wasn't enough of them to justify the 81 minute running time which was even too long for a film of this quality.
Torque was so goddamned boring and had no appealing merits except for the fact that Ice Cube's performance was so bad that it was hilarious. It was arguably the worst performance of his career, but he still did a better job than half of the other cast members.
Really, under the lack of directional skill from Joseph Kahn, Torque ultimately fell flat and defied the fact that it could have been a simple yet entertaining racing film, especially since the team being the production also created The Fast and the Furious films. It is no surprise that the only thing Joseph Kahn ever directed before Torque was music videos because he treats the film like one of them. But he forgets that he is working with a $40 million project, but the viewers will remember it as a bad film. Either that or they will more hopefully forget it, because Torque was just terribly boring, monotonously paced and lacking style of sufficient action or an original story.
Torque is close to one of the worst films I have ever seen, but its at least enjoyable due to the poor quality of Ice Cube's over-the-top stereotypical performance and because the screenplay is actually so terrible that it is laughable, to in a way Torque succeeds as an unintentional comedy, albeit a terrible one. And I'm sure that motorbike enthusiasts will find some form of liking for Torque, but if you're expecting a good action film or any intelligence I can list thousands of better films to look at than Torque, with a good place to start being the films of The Fast and the Furious series which the production team got way better than this $40 million waste of time which should have bombed at box office.
January 12, 2014
I own this in a two movie pack along with:
* Driven (2001)
½ November 11, 2013
While I liked Kahn's followup, Detention, I decided to check this one out. Unfortunately, it was better left unseen. Basically, it is a cheap, and I do mean cheap, rip-off of Fast and the Furious without the flair or style. It's just trying to hard. The acting is bad, the story is dumb, the dialogue is bad, the CGI/stunt work is bad. That's saying a lot since the F&F series isn't exactly Oscar quality movie making. Nothing in this film is good.
October 27, 2013
How I so Hate this Fucking movie ! that the word FUCK isn't strong enough of a word to bum rap grotesque film.