Crash - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Crash Reviews

June 22, 2017
This movie has been out for a whole but it makes me wish people could look into each other's eyes and understand where they came from. Why they act the way they do and have empathy.
June 8, 2017
Great film. Very entertaining and hard hitting about the truth
May 29, 2017
Fantastic film in terms of racial relations within Los Angeles, and perhaps reflective of America as a whole. Also, incredibly well acted. However, I have yet to see any comments pointing out the complete lack of female protagonists. Both men and women are affected in the plot line, however, it is only men who's journey or growth we observe. I have seen this film a number of times, and this observation ruined the otherwise relevant and accurate race portrayal of the United States. Not a single female lead story line.
May 25, 2017
A complex drama that deals with racial tensions among people. It's very well-made and features an interesting ensemble cast. Powerful! (First viewing - 1/25/2011)
½ May 19, 2017
Messy, manipulative, filled with one dimensional characters. The same subject has been dealt with in a more effective and honest way in other films.
April 28, 2017
This movie offers two ways to experience prejudice. One, submit to the storyline that provokes many of us to censure at least some of the characters, only to find out later that we've misjudged (i.e. pre-judged). Two, like the movie and find that the right thing is to not like the movie, with the result that you find out what it feels like to be pre-judged. As one critic writes, "And I swear if any of you defend the film, I'm going to ban you." Certainly for specialists, the movie may lack nuance, but specialists in race and class struggles are obviously not the primary audience.
April 25, 2017
Deserving of the Oscar
April 24, 2017
Con temi così caldi e delicati raccontare una storia così coinvolgente ed emozionante è davvero raro, ma questo film a tratti è riuscito ad essere davvero convincente. A tratti perché in alcune scene le situazioni che si vengono a creare sono piuttosto spinte e improbabili, togliendo temporaneamente il coinvolgimento e facendoci capire che in fin dei conti stiamo guardando un'opera di finzione. Capisco le critiche che possono essere fatte su questi aspetti, ma dall'altra parte riesce a raccontare e sovrapporre storie da diverse prospettive con una facilità davvero fuori dal comune. Anche se l'Oscar al miglior film mi sembra leggermente esagerato e moralista, Crash è senza ombra di dubbio un grandissimo film che merita tutte le critiche positive che ha ricevuto.
April 18, 2017
I love the fact that this film just tip-toes itself around the realm of stereotypical racist analogies and plays with them. At first I didn't feel on board with the storyline plan but I got absorbed by it since I love intertwined storylines and it almost upheaved a comedic value with such tropes. The long and dotted cast influenced me to watch it and each add their own zest when they reveal their own story. I love how they include a physical car crash here and there just some pun fun.
April 16, 2017
Subtle aint on Haggis adgenda. Its a ok movie, i just dont like being hit over the head with messages. Crash, hit me dead on, slaped me around a couple of times screaming "RACISM IS BAD" at the top of its voice.
March 23, 2017
Just a big mess of fake people and fake stories. The producers really see the audience for this movie as dumb. Dumb enough to give this movie an award.
March 11, 2017
A rich, poignant intersection of life stories. A good movie to be added to the CV of the big names who were part of this powerful film.
February 28, 2017
You could almost see Jack Nicholson's disapproval when he presented this disappointment with Best Picture.
February 19, 2017
Think that they may have overexaggerated a little bit with the racism issue, but it was very thought provoking.
February 12, 2017
cool how everything ties together. pretty intense.
February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
February 1, 2017
I understood the points that it was making about racism, but, just didn't enjoy the flow of the movie despite the great cast
½ January 22, 2017
A great movie with a great cast and sub-plots of individual characters coming together in one plot. Worthy of a Best Picture nominee.
December 31, 2016
Powerfully acted and emotionally involving, Crash features a message that remains important even today.
½ December 14, 2016
Crash has great ambition to be a movie about an important issue, and it is loaded with high-quality actors who aspire to make it a powerful film. Sadly, the end result didn't come out so good. The first big flaw in the movie is that basically all the characters are one-dimensional. No one has any nuance, and you realize within seconds of meeting them whether they are "good" or "bad". Perhaps the best example of this is Sandra Bullock, who plays a horrendous woman that no one would want to interact with at any time from the first moment she opens her mouth. There's very little progression in the story for any of the characters either. Sure, they endure difficult events, but almost no one is actually changed in any significant way. At best we see people are forced to confront their own prejudice, but each individual story cuts off as soon as they reach that point of clarity and we don't see any after effects or growth. This is the part of Crash that bothered me the most, it didn't seem to have a point. I mean, is the point that racism still exists in 2004 L.A.? As if anyone doesn't know that. Perhaps the point is that everybody is racist in some ways, and every race is discriminated against by someone? If that were the case we'd need more authentic characters we could relate to in order to see our own prejudices thrown in our faces. Also, the movie doesn't suggest a way of healing or moving past our prejudices, it just portrays racism as a natural phenomenon that cycles around and will never end. Crash even botches the most powerful moments by obviously foreshadowing them for us, so I wasn't impacted emotionally. It's a bad film made by misguided people who somehow made their point in a way that the Academy appreciated, but I did not.