Crash - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Crash Reviews

½ January 13, 2018
Pretty good movie which makes you think about racism. I especially felt sorry for the lock repair guy, it must get very wearying having people constantly assume the worst of you based on your nationality or skin colour. The old shop keeper guy annoyed the hell out of me, and Sandra Bullocks character. Many characters and stories in this, so it can be hard to keep straight which is which.
January 12, 2018
This is my favorite movie. It is absolutely perfect. It truly shows how there is always to sides of a story and it does so beautifully.
½ January 10, 2018
Decent exploration of it's themes and messages but at the expense of a coherent plot for the most part.
December 19, 2017
Puntaje Original: 4.5

Si una película logró insultar a cada persona en cada rincón del planeta, ésta fue Crash, y al parecer esta mi*rda logró ganar el Oscar a mejor película.
October 29, 2017
Strong acting in a very, very preachy movie.
½ October 9, 2017
Worst best-picture Oscar winner I've ever seen.
October 3, 2017
Really good very moving
½ September 23, 2017
Though it can be preachy and a bit overwritten at times, Crash is still a wonderfully honest and intricate examination on modern racism bolstered by an affecting score and editing, and a tremendous ensemble cast.
½ September 20, 2017
a dark, honest ensemble masterpiece with some great performances and a truly exceptional screenplay...
September 15, 2017
a very fine statement on general prejudice, crash is although flawed by beng oversaturated with characters and some are convoluted and boring and useless, its is very emotional and some chemistry are compelling but bad acting
September 3, 2017
I was hesitant to watch this movie because I had a feeling I would'nt like it, and I was right. Crash tries so hard to make a good movie about racism but just like the name, it ends up crashing and burning.

The cast is very varied and has a good number of well known stars but even that doesn't save the movie. The acting is good I guess but nothing mindblowing. Fraser's acting seemed very below average compared to other roles he has done. The writing is decent but I found it kinda stupid at points.

Almost every character is annoying,illogical, and stereotypical. I could not relate to any of them. Bullock's character was one of the worst, all she does is bitch and bitch about how angry she is. I just wanted to punch her right in the face.

The movie is so hypocritical, the best example is a scene where Ludicrous' character starts to talk to his friend how Bullock became afraid when she saw them and how racist that is. Yet a second later they pull out their guns and steal her car at gun point..wow way to live up to your stereotype. Good job Haggis, you really showed how bad racism is. /end sarcasm

The music was alright in the beginning, but after hearing the same type of song for over 90 mins I got very annoyed at the Enya inspired crap.

As for the plot, there really isn't one, it's just a bunch of things that happen to these people. This movie is also very unrealistic. Its almost hilarious because of all the coincidences. Its so absurd that all these characters magically keep finding each other, or as the movie says "crashing" into each other.

The first half was very boring and not very entertaining and it somewhat tries to save itself near the end but it just doesnt succeed. This movie is exactly like a crash, everything is mangled and loosely tied together. In the end the movie shoves racism in my face and really insults my intelligence. Yes Paul Haggis I can see racism is bad, but unlike what you're trying to show in this movie, life does not revolve around racism. I guess I better be careful next time, the racist cop that molests me might end up saving my life. Shure life may sometimes do that, but Crash takes that idea and jacks it up to the extreme, where its both improbable and illogical.

Best picture my ass, Brokeback Mountain at least gives a realistic and touching story of two men who try their hardest to make their relatioship work in the face of oppression. This movie is way overrated and I believe its probally because of how hard it tries to pull on your heart strings. I hope I never have to see this piece of crap again. In the end, this movie can be summed up in 2 words....QUEER FEST!
½ August 27, 2017
*Worst Movie. I would have given this grade even if it haden't won best picture. What a stupid pointless movie.
August 26, 2017
This is a really good, thought provoking movie about the many faces of racism and intolerance, and the consequences that it can produce.
½ August 25, 2017
BEST PICTURE 2005: A film all about racism surrounding different cultures in L.A. Very clever how the characters in the story all meet each other. Enjoyable
August 23, 2017
A drama with people dealing with different situations in Los Angeles! I fucking love Crash! It's insane how Paul Haggis gets these incredible actors to play it as real as possible!
August 22, 2017
Not my favorite film genre - gritty underside of life & relationships - but it is my all-time Best Picture. Brilliant. Poignant. The only time I've ever exclaimed out loud "No!" during a scene. There's a reason so many A-Listers did this movie for Scale. Worthiest of Academy Best Pictures - especially in this era of police misconduct & SWAT mentality. No one escapes unscathed in this masterpiece - and yet there's redemption. Terrific.
½ August 11, 2017
First half: BOO! 4/10
Most gritty movies can go 5 minutes without saying an f-bomb, but this movie can't go 10 minutes without mentioning racism twice. A cop gives a very thorough search: racism. An Iranian argues with a locksmith over a door: racism. A couple of black guys scare a white woman, and she talks about it after they robbed her car: racism.

Second half: horizontal thumb 6/10
We instead see most truly good scenes about different races getting along and the cinematography and music is striking, but clearly it contrasts to everything we saw in the first half.

In the end, this best picture winner is higher than The Greatest Show on Earth and Out of Africa but lower than Kramer vs Kramer. Do you know what is the only good thing about this movie, Brendan Fraser is actually in a good movie.
July 31, 2017
The bigotry is overdone, it fails to capture characters who accurately reflect the people of America but causes self-reflection in viewers, offending some into defending themselves, starting a conversation everyone should be having and to have a film have that power is not just enough but needed.
½ July 17, 2017
The film is beautifully shot and very well-acted, but it seemed to lack a major incident tying all these plots together (such as Love Actually's final show), instead we have a car crash, which we then move away from and carry on each journey. I personally prefer Brokeback Mountain as a film (so I'm on the side that said that Brokeback Mountain should have won 2006's Best Picture) but this is still a very good film.
June 24, 2017
has a lot of great scenes