Capote - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Capote Reviews

½ November 29, 2017
Wow, so close to perfection!
August 7, 2017
Great movie, interesting historically since I didn't know anything about Truman Capote, even if he is one of the most famous writers of America. Incredible performance by Philip Seymour Hoffman...he is missed.
½ July 31, 2017
Great movie. Though it drags in moments, it's still a very compelling story to watch thanks to thrilling direction from Miller and hauntingly captivating performances from its cast, especially Hoffman and Collins, Jr.
June 30, 2017
I struggled till the end but I wanted to finish it. maybe it was only my mood, but I haven't like it at all. I found PS Hofman surely very good, but the italian doubling was really annoying.
½ April 22, 2017
interesting story about these murders and good cast, but, hard to watch at times
April 8, 2017
Excellent movie, authenticity, acting and cinematography are spot on. Not a lot of action and overly sympathetic towards the killers though.
March 6, 2017
Capote creeps up on you until you're just as devastated as the eponymous lead.
January 7, 2017
Well made of the story behind his moat famous book. Good insight into the mind of the writer and gives some realistic thoughts on what really happened behind the scenes
½ December 3, 2016
Without Philip Seymour Hoffman this movie is a 2 star at best. The acting by Hoffman was absolutely brilliant as if you were watching Truman Capote. Well deserving of the Oscar. RIP PSH
½ November 30, 2016
8.5/10. 11-29-2016.

Original rating: 11-4-2014 (8/10).
October 21, 2016
I didn't really see the catch of the story but the movie is really good
October 9, 2016
Phillip Seymour Hoffman is an excellent performance in this movie.
October 9, 2016
Terrific performances esp Philip Hoffman who transforms into Capote. A hard film to watch, but very interesting character study and story. In some ways reminded me of Dead Man Walking. Basically a movie about the famous author Capote and how he came to write his infamous novel In Cold Blood, considered the first non-fiction novel. The self absorbed genius writer at first is very cold like the killings he is writing about, but slowly he starts to feel for the killers. In writing the novel Capote finds himself getting way too involved when it's too late, esp when he finds similarities and friendship among one of the killers.
October 8, 2016
The pace is too slow - it felt like more than 115 minutes. While Hoffman's portrayal of Capote was probably accurate, 115 minutes of Capote's annoying voice is about 114 minutes more than I could take.
½ September 21, 2016
Powered by an unforgettable performance from Philip Seymour Hoffman, director Bennett Miller gently guides the audience through a compelling and heartfelt narrative about one of the most celebrated writers in history.
½ July 19, 2016
Hoffman's Oscar-winning performance is also his most boring.
July 15, 2016
Director Bennett Miller successfully produces a subdued, gripping account of Truman Capote's later life, and gets a masterful, possibly career best performance from Philip Seymour Hoffman.
June 21, 2016
Philip Seymour Hoffman se come la pantalla y la película, el resto es correcto pero nada destacable, algo plana en su forma.
June 16, 2016
A film that hangs in your memory year later. Possibly PSH's best performance.
May 12, 2016
Sensitive retelling of a difficult tale.