State of Play - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

State of Play Reviews

February 25, 2018
An interesting and engaging thriller with some great twists, the last one I found to be quite unexpected.
½ September 19, 2017
Watch this the first time last night decent movie a good Tuesday night at home flick !
September 2, 2017
State of Play manages to generate some decent thrills with a few believable performances. Other than that, a pretty formulaic political thriller
½ June 17, 2017
run of the mill thriller
May 26, 2017
Favorite political, journalistic thriller. Great cast. Great pace and colour, Great music. I love this movie and have seen it like 5 times now.
April 28, 2017
Far from a classic edge of the seat thriller but watchable none the less.
½ March 3, 2017
Personally realized I love investigative journalism films and this was an excellent example. Spotlight, All the President's Men come to mind. The acting was stellar, the tension thick.
March 3, 2017
An edgy political thriller that offers a nostalgic eulogy to the good old days of print journalism (read All The President's Men), while anticipating its demise.
January 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 13, 2016
A genuinely gripping thriller with an engaging and intriguing story, and a cast who do a good job. The best Russell Crowe has been for a long time.
July 22, 2016
It's kind of hard to follow at points, and has some pacing issues, but overall 'State of Play' is an acceptable mystery thriller, which is helped by good performances from all the main cast.
July 22, 2016
Great movie! don't miss , if you have.
½ July 9, 2016
Robust direction, clever script, well-aimed dialogues, humour, well-shot scenes, very good performances by all, action, and, generally, everything that comprises an excellent political thriller.
June 27, 2016
The 84% rating is questionable.
June 20, 2016
Great cast, but it runs out of steam very quickly
June 18, 2016
A boring political drama that is meant to be thrilling but isn't. I found it confusing and poorly made. (First and only viewing - January 2010)
April 13, 2016
I liked a lot the twist. Great dialogue and performances.
March 28, 2016
Its plot is bloated, but Kevin McDonald's "State Of Play" is a solid, well acted political thriller with fine writing and direction.
March 11, 2016
Not something I usually watch or would even consider watching but I eventually did and although I never found it great I did it get gripped into the story that's full of twists, Some were good, Some were a little confusing, Brilliantly acted by a strong cast that makes the film watchable, It's not a film you could view multiple times but the film itself is clever at times and worth watching if you can get your head around over complicated plot.