The 11th Hour Reviews

• Apr 20, 2018

Very absorbing, informative - kinda agitating/disturbing but in a positive way - documentary. It tells a scary story of what humans have done to the planet and what the prospects are. It's not good. But it's good to know. It's not a particularly electrifying presentation - mainly just people talking - mostly from the American perspective - which is fine because they are the ones with the most sucking to deal with. But it's good. 8.2 out of 10

• Feb 04, 2017

Good and interesting documentary that a look at the issues facing the world and what is being done to help the eco-system.

• Jan 23, 2016

Highly recommended. Very insightful. Might change your view of energy consumption as well.

• Dec 20, 2015

Too weird an ending.

Too weird an ending.

• Oct 05, 2014

Watch It Purely For The Quotes Of Upstandling, Admirable Individuals As They Lament The Inevitable Destruction Of Our Planet. Dragging Ourseleves Foolishly Toward Environmental Desegregation, Humanity Is Running Out Of Time To Slow-Down..Stop, Think..Change. A Good Companion Piece To 'An Inconvenient Truth' But More Directed At An MTV-Crowd Inquiry Then Ground-Breaking Investigative Journalism.

• Sep 30, 2014

Provided interesting information from many renown ecosystem experts, but it was presented in a lacklustre manner.

• Sep 18, 2014

challenging..But important

challenging..But important

• Sep 17, 2014

I am absolutely disgusted at reading the negative criticism from critics. This documentary is not scare tactic, it's the truth that going on in the world today. I'm a Political Science graduate, and studied energy policy and the negative effects inflicting the world and us. The truth needs to be exposed, and this film does it in its own way.

• Jun 19, 2014

I have been taking an environmental biology course over the past few weeks and the title "The 11th Hour" came upon a recommendation and I decided to view it. "The 11th Hour" is a documentary that views the global environment and probable solutions to restore the planet's ecosystem. Directed by Leila Conners (Leila Conners Peterson) and Nadia Conners and what they do well at with this documentary is how they have Leonardo DiCaprio (himself) do the narrations throughout the film. With DiCaprio being an environmental Conservation, he is vast with his information and facts that make captivating for a documentary. As mentioned the film gearing on the environment, it is a film that I will say is quite honest, but that honesty is a bit overdone. The film does a variety of interviews with professors, writers, and environmentalist and for almost the whole ninety-five minutes of the film. They talk about how humans have hurt our environment. I do not have an issue with listening to that type of information in a documentary, just I would rather learn about more environmental issues rather than being told how we (humans) have hurt it. The pro side about the film though is that it makes sense. Every day people have their routines of how they live their lives and have the typical habits that hurt our environment. Regardless of what we like, or dislike, people's daily habits will not change. You cannot help but wonder throughout "The 11th Hour." "The 11th Hour" is not great, not horrible...just repetitive. A bunch of interesting facts relating to the environment, but all still ties back to making it seem like the focus is people hurting the environment. I watched it once, and do not see why I would need to watch it again.

• Dec 27, 2013

I keep referring back to this documentary for Dr. David Suzki's comment in it that only learning to truly love will save humanity and possibly the planet.