Twelve Monkeys (12 Monkeys) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

4.9 on 10

Love this movie.

Recommend.
July 17, 2016
Terry Gilliam's wonderfully weird and wild style is on full display in this sci-fi masterpiece.
July 13, 2016
20 Jahre alt und immer noch groß!
July 8, 2016
This movie started out really weirdly and about a third of the way through I almost turned it off. But after about a third of the way through the film starts filling out in the story and keeps you guessing about if the reality Bruce Willis' character is living is real or not.
July 7, 2016
the only good thing about this movie is brad pitt's performance. the rest of the movie blows and so does terry gilliam.
½ June 17, 2016
Extremely confusing, but that's exactly what holds your attention.
June 12, 2016
Excellent sets and performances, with a plot that has you questioning what is real throughout.
½ June 11, 2016
A visually-time comedy, a fine performance and fixed time travel twist in the end make 12 monkeys a spectacular sci-fi film close to Blade Runner.
May 31, 2016
Cole heads back to the past to find ground zero that results in the death of billions of people.
May 24, 2016
For people who think the world is insane with its always growing consumption pattern, this movie will be a real good get-away.
½ May 1, 2016
An expertly executed movie.
April 16, 2016
Apparently I don't enjoy Terry Gilliam films as much as other people do. Brad Pitt was over the top in an unconvincing way, and the conclusion was not as profound as I think they meant it to be.
½ April 13, 2016
Though not flawless, this is an excellent sci-fi action thriller film
April 11, 2016
I know that I'm in the minority. Aside from a great performance from Brad Pitt, and direction that made me want to watch more from the director, there's nothing redeeming, and is ultimately a disappointing waste of potential. All it is, is Bruce Willis going back in time. Nothing else happens. By the end, it feels so long, boring, and depressing. Maybe I would like the TV show more, but I have heard that it's not very good. I have also heard it's not as good as this, but that doesn't matter to me since I didn't like this.
½ April 11, 2016
Enjoyable to an extent. Performances all round are amazing; a strange experience.
March 23, 2016
It's a little hard to follow but the intrigue is enough to keep audiences captivated through this odd and unconventional time travel sci fi.
March 12, 2016
Brat Pitt is excellent in this role. Not a bad movie overall however a bit old now.
March 11, 2016
Great movie with great characters.
March 6, 2016
I honestly wish I could give it more stars. A fantastic movie, I personally am not usually a sci-fi fan but this was a fantastic movie.
March 3, 2016
amazing one of my top ten fav sci Fi movies of all time