3-Iron - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

3-Iron Reviews

July 19, 2017
The movie is great. Don't be fooled by the silent acting for most of the film. You will not be bored for a second. The style is polished but unimposing. The Symbolism is layered and intriguing. The movie is not religious at all, but shows life in its many aspects - violence, revenge, love, righteousness, death, fun, accepting yourself. If you know about Buddhism you will recognize some themes. If you don't know anything about Buddhism maybe you will be interested to learn about it.

This movie made me think and that IMO is the mark of great art. The acting and characters are great. The ending is unexpected.

Do yourself a favor and see it.

"...Art is anything that's creative, passionate, and personal. And great art resonates with the
viewer, not only with the creator." Seth Godin
July 5, 2017
Fell in love with this movie!
May 4, 2017
So it turns out my most favorite romantic film Since after Kar Wai's In The Mood For Love & Cianfrance's Blue Valentine.
The theme song was so hypnotic.
Kim Ki Duk you beauty !
½ April 23, 2017
3-Iron (Kim Ki-Duk): This almost wordless love story is original, evocative, hypnotic, frustrating, and endlessly unpredictable. Not quite sure if I really get it, but what's important is that I felt it.
January 18, 2017
I would have to say this is one of the most beautiful and artful adulteries I have ever seen.
September 8, 2016
Brilliant!! Pure cinema. Very beautiful love story, very sensitive and amazingly interpreted. Simply brilliant!
½ July 16, 2016
Confusingly, weirdly good. This is one of the movie where you actually are bored, but still you can't leave your sit till the end. Beautiful cinematography as well.
June 19, 2016
amazing display of how tiny, passionate love soaked actions are worth more than thousands words
March 12, 2016
I don't even know how to review this movie. It is so amazing. Everything about it is good.
February 24, 2016
...and so Korean cinema continues to blow me away.
January 4, 2016
This movie tells a largely wordless love story between a strange man who lives by breaking into houses and staying there while people are away and an abused housewife who instinctively falls into his lifestyle with him. It's a really sweet film and well worth a look.

Recommended.
December 19, 2015
3-iron is a very interest story, moving, symbolic, unpredictable and fascinating otherworldly. An imaginative depiction of loneliness and love, with very few dialogues, excellent editing, simple direction and masterful script that switches smoothly the narrative style and from the magical realism turn's to the metaphysical allegory of love, recalling to the alienated from the materialism human existence love's magical properties.
½ November 8, 2015
Partially interesting.
½ July 26, 2015
Shocking in the simplicity of the plot and the sterility of the cinematography, 3-Iron is a surprising delight that I only happened upon. Bursts of emotion in between and undercurrents of neuroticism within moments of silence and mundanity add a quiet, simmering power to the realistic core of the film.
½ July 26, 2015
Here's another movie that focuses on style and is largely void of substance. It is more like a dance, a ballet - something you watch for its graceful movements, the lightness of the tiptoed steps and the firmness of the stomps. Thought of as a dance, this film is a light, whimsy and spontaneous kind.

But normally we appreciate the grace of the movements in a dance in large part because we appreciate the ability of the performer to produce those movements in such a precise, delightful manner. In the case of this movie, however, it's not clear who the performer is supposed to be. Is it the main characters, or is it the film itself (i.e. the camera work)? (Perhaps both?) In any case, neither impresses me very much.

In summary, if you want to see a film that is like a ballet, there's a chance you might like this film. But if you, like me, are more interested in the content, the story, the ideas, than the presentation, you won't like it.
December 29, 2014
One of the more oddly romantic films I've seen in quite some time. And when I say "romantic" I'm talking Lord Byron/Bronte Sisters romantic NOT Katherine Heigl & Harry Connick Jr. fall in love while begrudgingly sharing a cab to a mutual friends New Year's Eve party romantic.
½ October 10, 2014
Director Kim Ki Duk would change your perception about cinema with this film. No dialogues,subtle emotions and great cinematography makes this a must watch. Story is nothing new, but the performance and the view of the director gives it a whole new dimension probably never experienced by you. Give it a watch. This emotional romantic drama would stick to you until you never think about it again.
September 26, 2014
It's hard to tell that the world we live in is either a reality or a dream.