500 Days of Summer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

500 Days of Summer Reviews

February 15, 2018
There's a good reason why "(500) Days of Summer" still stands as my all-time favorite romance movie and is one of my all-time favorite movies. It's a story that feels numbingly real and really should emotionally effect essentially everyone who sees it. The performances are excellent and I love the songs used in it. It's a very relatable movie that shouldn't be labeled a chick flick because it probably will resonate more with male audiences. I love this movie, it teaches an important lesson that everyone could use in their lives. Another thing I adore this movie for is how its put together in such an original way that I haven't seen anywhere else. The viewer is treated to a truly genuine movie that is full of real joy and incredibly real heartbreak. You feel every bit of this one and every viewing, you experience it all over again. It also has one of the best endings I've seen and it makes the movie ultimately hopeful despite being somewhat bittersweet. It's a movie I've only loved more and more as I've gotten older, and I plan on re-watching this film multiple times for the rest of my life.
January 26, 2018
This movie is a standout! It's exceptionally clever with wonderful dialogue. In my opinion, if it's not already, it'll be a cult classic.
January 24, 2018
the best no romantic movie
½ January 15, 2018
500 Days of Summer stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel where Joseph falls in love but the girl doesn't. I read that 75% of the movie truly happened. You want a love story this is one that doesn't not end happily. The storyline very well depicts how some women truly are crazy but I also blame the guy for not expressing his desire. At times it was not fun to watch, I just left bad for him. At their final dance she never mentioned to him about her intentions to marry. The final scene in the park must have been his imagination, his expectation that did not come true. Overall it was very engaging and definitely keeps your attention, add this to your library.
December 19, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.5

Divertida, encantadora y reflexiva. 500 Days of Summer no es otra peícula de romance; sosteniéndose de un sólido guión y una innovadora técnica narrativa.
½ November 30, 2017
This romance is not a romantic comedy. This story is slim on characters other than Tom, played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Summer (Zoey Deschanel). The first time we saw these two on screen, we fell in love with the chemistry but upon re-watch, it's hard to find Summer's character likeable.
November 27, 2017
The best Rom Com in my opinion.
½ November 4, 2017
Had its moments. Really cool to see how after a certain amount of time things just weren't the same anymore.
October 23, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.5

October 12, 2017
I loved how honest and realistic it was on how relationships work and how expectations and reality clash. It is a very original film that catches the viewers attention with symbolism and without being edgy.
October 10, 2017
One of most clever and witty romantic comedies in years. Gordon-Levitt and Deschanel have electric chemistry that only adds to a well written film. It turns the genre on its head. It's brutally honest and realistic. One of my favorite films of all time.
October 8, 2017
The anti-Manic Pixie Dream Girl movie cunningly disguised as a Manic Pixie Dream Girl movie. Owes a huge debt to another favourite of mine, "Gregory's Girl", but I wont hold that against it as it stands high on its own merits.
October 1, 2017
I love this movie so much, It got me through some pretty hard heartbreaks and its always a must watch for me.
September 23, 2017
Nice to see a proper rom com for once. Levitt and Deschanel give strong performances in a film that takes risks with its narrative structure and ending.
September 23, 2017
This movie is certainly a bittersweet experience. On the one hand, the performances are good and genuine. On the other hand, the story is kind of depressing. That is life though, right? I recommend people going through a break-up watch this. It isn't really a happy date kind of movie.
½ September 21, 2017
Cute, could get annoying at some point, but luckily it stays fresh all the way through. More than a decent love story. Thumbs up!
September 10, 2017
½ August 21, 2017
Very slow rom-com, with charming narrative but not innovative story.
½ August 18, 2017
Just the right amount of pessimism and optimism for me. I related to both characters pretty easily. And it was nice the way they did the time jumps so it wasn't the same boring boy-meets-girl drab.