A Guy Thing Reviews

• Feb 23, 2019

A cliche romantic comedy but does have its moments and Jason Lee does well as a leading man which he has proven to do well in the TV series My Name Is Earl and the cult Kevin Smith comedy Mallrats. Even if you're not a fan of romantic comedies I would say it's worth a watch and Jason Lee and Julia Stiles do have good chemistry.

• Oct 01, 2017

no idea how to rate this, but the abundance of "that graceful Howard" jokes genuinely makes up for some of the toxic masculinity BS. And the main guy's failure to fit into it. watch it when you're bored and drunk and want to mock masculinity. It didn't hit the depressing mark for some reason. It felt very natural for being mocked and not to be taken seriously, but given the nature of masculinity/bachelor parties and the early 2000's it could easily be dead serious.

• Aug 21, 2017

A funny, but somewhat uninspired, by the numbers rom-com.

A funny, but somewhat uninspired, by the numbers rom-com.

• Feb 08, 2017

It's good movie to watch

It's good movie to watch

• Nov 19, 2015

I like Jason Lee, but...

I like Jason Lee, but...

• Aug 01, 2015

Here is an example of classy casting stepping in to perform the heimlich maneuver on a script as stiff as a plank. Jason Lee carries this movie squarely on his shoulders. His acting gives the entire cast a strong foundation to build their characterisation on. Thanks to some great performances directed by the trustworthy hands of Chris Koch (one of the Scrubs directors), this movie manages to keep the audience laughing. Unfortunately, the ensemble team of screenwriters fall on their faces with a terrible, movie-shattering script. It must be clearly stated that not all these writers are to blame. Matt Tarses, probably better known as a screenwriter behind Scrubs; and Bill Wrubel, one of the sixteen original Will & Grace producers who went on to write Ugly Betty and Modern Family seem to have been brought in to doctor the original script. This was most likely a decision made by Koch. The culprits here are Peter Schwaba and Greg Glienna. Don't worry if you haven't heard these names before, they aren't worth hearing about. Schwaba's next filmmaking endeavor was 2006's The Godfather of Green Baby, which looks like an horrific biopic that I pray never to watch. The box office has been kinder to Glienna, who grossed over $28 million with his 1992 filmmaking debut Meet the Parents (an embryonic version of Meet the Fockers). A Guy Thing grossed just over $15 million in comparison. I'm not one to give the box office any credence, but in this case it has proven a shrewd signpost to the fate of both writer's careers; after 2006, they don't seem to have written again. And thank God almighty these lackluster screenwriters have put their pens down. Lets hope they are smart enough to never write another script for the screen again.

• Feb 24, 2015

The first rule of doing a comedy is to be funny. 'A Guy Thing' forgot that rule.

• Aug 21, 2014

Jason lee was pretty bad in this and the comedy was so forced....I laughed maybe once. ...A cast of this caliber shouldn't be wasted on really what was an interesting premise.... everything was forced.... I don't recommend this one.

• Jun 19, 2014

Julia Stiles is always sexy and adorable. Can't say the same for the rest of the cast and movie.

• Jun 13, 2014