Ad Astra Reviews

• Dec 24, 2019

If I could sum up this film in a sentence: A visually appealing snooze fest. I believe his film suffered greatly from the Disney/Fox merger and a bad case of marketing. The trailers and footage from this film made it seem like another Interstellar (one of my favorite films of the decade), when in reality it was more like The Martian, with no humor and lots more daddy issues. On top of that, all of the most gorgeous and stunning shots were put into the trailer with nothing left for when I sat down in the theater. Brad Pitt is solid as always but the voiceover was too much. "Show don't tell," is an apt analysis here. We know what themes you are trying to convey Mr. Gray. Please don't beat us over the head with it. Also, phenomenal actress like Ruth Negga and Liv Tyler Are wasted on a few lines each. Back to the marketing, trailers made it seem like an ensemble piece with significant roles for these two. However, they merely blipped on and off the screen as a foil for Brad and his daddy issues. Sigh. Does it sound like I'm tired of this film? I'm tired of this film.

• Karen
    Dec 13, 2019

Very boring movie. Mostly Brad Pitt talking in monotone voice for 2 hours. None of the characters have personality with one exception, the character played by Natasha Lyonne. (She has a short, minor scene.)

• Dustin T
    Nov 27, 2019

Horrible! Slow to action. Poor plot. Daddy abandonment movie. Not worth watching for free. Certainly not worth paying for.

• Sean
    Nov 20, 2019

This should have been a good movie, but it wasn't. It had all the right pieces, but they were split apart and put together in a confusing and SLOW jumble. They could have cut 30-40 minutes off the run time without the many, many pauses while Pitt slowly expounds on things. The scenery was great and a human presence in the outer solar system was well-imagined. There are scientific errors galore, but if I want a science lesson I'll listen to Neil DeGrasse Tyson. Donald Sutherland gave the best performance, with Pitt and Tommy Lee Jones tied. Not enough Jones, though.

• Nov 18, 2019

My wife and I thought this was the worst movie we have seen in at least the last five years, if not longer. Really bad script. Not great acting.

• Andrea R
    Nov 10, 2019

Great story. Loved the character growth.

Great story. Loved the character growth.

• Middle Aged Critic
    Nov 05, 2019

Insufficient plot and character development. Talented cast, had potential but was slow and uninspired.

• Katie
    Nov 04, 2019

I love the actors in this movie, but I didn’t love the movie.

I love the actors in this movie, but I didn’t love the movie.

• Bill M
    Nov 03, 2019

It had a lot of potential with the story line but the writers didn't bother to put together a sensible believable plot. It had so many flaws that didn't make sense that I thought maybe it was supposed to be a farce. Two hours of my life I'll never get back.

• chuck
    Oct 31, 2019

Slow as mud through a straw.

Slow as mud through a straw.