Admission - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Admission Reviews

October 16, 2016
The preview looks funny but the actual movie is not.
September 10, 2016
A good romantic comedy starring Tina Fey and Paul Rudd.
Good laughs and good cast.
June 30, 2016
Trama carina, ma non mi spingo oltre.
June 29, 2016
It had its funny moments. Not that great overall.
½ May 7, 2016
I didn't know what this movie wanted to be and I don't think it knew either.
½ March 29, 2016
Tina Fey y Paul Rudd son dos de los talentos más interesantes de la actualidad. Su carisma se desborda tanto en la pantalla chica como en la grande. Y aunque "Admission", la historia de una mujer encargada de las admisiones a la prestigiosa Universidad de Princeton es una película que subutiliza el talento de la pareja, logra el cometido de entretener, encantar y divertir. Paul Weitz, el director de "About A Boy", debió haber dejado a los actores más sueltos y relegar la historia a un segundo plano, pero eso no es problema para Fey y para Rudd: en cualquier cosa que ellos hagan, se hacen sentir.
March 10, 2016
Ordinary commercial comedy that bears no resemblance to real life. It can be entertaining though. Michael Sheen plays a bit part in this movie and it's a complete waste of his talents as there's nothing significant about his part.
March 5, 2016
Admission has the likability of it's two leads, but the rom-com aspect is clumsy and uninteresting.
½ February 11, 2016
Admission takes the talent of leads Tina Fey and Paul Rudd and wastes their naturally comedic personalities on a poorly written script and awkward direction.
January 30, 2016
Awful. And so not funny.
December 10, 2015
Although the subject matter is undeniably dry and stuffy, Admission is nevertheless a heartfelt, light and sincere comedy that beautifully emphasizes the unpredictable messiness of work, parenting and motherhood -- and is bolstered by brilliantly charming performances from Tina Fey and Paul Rudd.
November 11, 2015
Tina Fey was a bit lovely in this one , a petit part humor , and a fine story . Not great enough to buy this .
½ October 25, 2015
I found it to be a pleasant if not-very-challenging experience. The sentimental scenes piled on top of each other at the end was a little weird, and some of the quick-cut editing in the beginning was equally strange. But I really like the leads, and Michael Sheen is undervalued as a comedic genius.
½ October 16, 2015
Chic Flick con el plus de cntar con Tina Fey que suele entregar buenos trabajos y el twist que le pone a la historia las incanzables ganas que tiene de encontrar a su hijo la hace superar lo pasadera.
September 17, 2015
Caught this on TV and it had me laughing my dick off. Some real hot jokes in this movie. Not a bad film at all either. Its kinda different.
August 26, 2015
Portia is not too exciting but quite realistic, which is not exactly what I want in my film-watching. But I did identify with the secret twist. I really enjoyed how you could actually SEE the college applicants and hear their stories as she read them.
½ July 25, 2015
With Tina Fey, Paul Rudd, and Lilly Tomlin how could it not be great. Awesome movie.
½ July 2, 2015
Directed by Paul Weitz and staring Paul Rudd, Tina Fey, Nat Wolff & Lily Tomlin Admission is an adaptation of Jean Hanff Korelitz's novel of the same name.

The premise is about a Princeton admissions officer who is up for a major promotion takes a professional risk after she meets a college-bound alternative school kid who just might be the son she gave up years ago in a secret adoption.

Review: Tina Fey's character Portia is very interesting, her life is monotonous and predictable, she's the opposite of her mom, who is brilliantly played by Lily Tomlin. Portia is almost obsessed by the idea of not turning into her free spirited mother, so she has one of those boring, perfectly controlled life, and it made for an interesting journey when everything started to crumble.

The movie is not as predictive as I expected it to be. It's not the best movie ever but it has its charms, and feels very realistic at times. Obviously with Tina Fey and Paul Rudd there is some comic relief but giving the premise it would have been foolish to expect a full on comedy - that would have been a mistake - so the movie is a little bit of both a drama and a comedy with some romance thrown into it. It has a British feel to it but giving that it's an American film it seems a bit off.

Admission is a quirky little film with a lot of charms and a British flair about it. I enjoyed it. @wornoutspines
½ June 28, 2015
Why Tina? This is not your movie. And Paul Rudd. I can never understand his appeal.
June 15, 2015
Watched this after seeing Lily Tomlin in GRANDMA. This is charming. Script had misses. I'm really starting to love Paul Weitz. This might have been better had he adapted the book.