Aeon Flux - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Aeon Flux Reviews

½ October 4, 2016
Gotta license to a cool anime and drove it off a cliff
August 21, 2016
Really liked it very different
August 16, 2016
This sci-fi thriller wasn't entirely bad...I was actually expecting far worse. Good acting from Charlize Theron though...but I understand why it bombed at the Box Office.
July 21, 2016
While the film failed to live up to the lofty standard set by the short-lived animated MTV series, I applaud this fresh take on a cult classic. I give high marks for visual appeal as the cinematics, and design were aesthetically pleasing. From the leads to supporting roles nearly all performances spot on.
July 17, 2016
A regretful watch. Entirely forgettable.
June 4, 2016
An uninteresting plot broken up by uninteresting action sequences.
March 22, 2016
I love the concept of it.
½ February 14, 2016
Aspettandomi un film di merda, alla fine sono uscito dal cinema abbastanza soddisfatto.
vero che alcuni argomenti sono trattati un po' superficialmente e che le idee originali spuntano fuori solo marginalmente, ma nel complesso il lavoro ha un buon ritmo che non mi ha annoiato. In definitiva proprio questo che cerco in questo genere di film.

P.S. Ma quanto figa la Theron?
January 9, 2016
2016-01-09 pretty good
December 20, 2015
No meat just potatoes....and it's just not enough to stand out significantly in this competitive genre. I think the film was sound and intriguing, until the heroine breaches the futuristic compound and the dicey plot with Trevor Goodchild is revealed.
½ December 14, 2015
Paper thin acting, plot, and just about everything else. The only reason to watch this movie is if you want to see Charlize Theron run around in dominatrix garb for an hour and a half.
½ December 1, 2015
I Remember The MTV Cartoon, This Is Just Hard To Follow...
September 29, 2015
Just feels so...meh.

Set in the year 2415, four hundred years after a virus wipes out all the humans on Earth except those in one city. That city was saved due to one inhabitant, Dr Goodchild, discovering an anti-virus. The city is now a (seemingly) benevolent dictatorship, run by the descendants of Dr Goodchild. However, strange things are afoot, thanks to the government. A rebel group does exist though and it counts among its members one Aeon FLux...

Though the broad plot didn't seem overly original there was some room for an interesting story. That potential is wasted through style-over-substance direction which disguises a fairly weak and silly plot. The director does her best to create an air of mystery and suspense but this involves meaningless scenes, just there to confuse the audience. Cue the inevitable action scenes and explosions...

Performances are pretty weak too. Charlize Theron seems listless as Aeon Flux. The character had the potential to be a great symbol for female empowerment through being a strong, invincible female action figure. Yet the writer and director hedge their bets and make her also a femme fatale and a sullen mysterious figure (to go with the superficial mystery of the movie). No wonder Theron seemed out of it - the character was so inconsistent!

The remainder of the cast seem to be phoning it in too.
August 17, 2015
i love this movie. even the differences between it and the original tv series didnt make it any less amazing
½ July 29, 2015
I love this comic and anime so the movie in my eyes stayed true to them plus charliez thereon is awesome
½ July 4, 2015
Why must Hollywood continue to remake (and therefore ruin) everything? Don't even acknowledge the presence of this; watch the anime instead.
June 21, 2015
The movie is visually interesting.
½ June 8, 2015
Greater parts nonsense than anything else, some impressive set pieces sadly do not make up for a large amount of filler in between.
June 6, 2015
I enjoyed all of it. A great science fiction movie, underrated by Hallmark Channel critics.