Alligator Reviews

• Jan 29, 2020

With a new decade bringing us killer creature features, Alligator brings a new audience to carnage and impressive creature effects for a low budget as well as a good cast to keep you entertained till the giant deadly lizard returns to the screen~

• Dec 10, 2019

This would be a PERFECT MST3K movie. The dialogue, story, and script are all corny and derivative, but it's never boring. The actual gator scenes are a bunch of fun; opening trainer attack, eating the man in the alley, terrorizing the yuppie party, the speed boat jumping the gator's back before exploding. Everything else is terrible, but hey…I come to Alligator for the alligator, and it delivers in that area.

• Oct 16, 2019

Among the better water creature features that emerged in Spielberg's wake—and written by the same pen as behind the best of those monster movie knock offs, Joe Dante's PIRANHA—the movie tries to up the stakes with an even stronger set of jaws than JAWS while featuring an even more temperamental and less believable animatronic antagonist, though really it's tough-yet-tender Robert Forster who gives these sewer proceedings enough depth to make what little hair he has stand on end.

• Sep 27, 2019

Fun and smarter-than-it-should-be creature feature with a screenplay by none other than John Sayles.

• Oct 08, 2018

This a movie I remember seeing on TV when I was young. I loved every minute of it!

• Aug 20, 2018

This movie is more run to watch than it has a right to be. Cheesy and Grade-B, but this is a shining example of why B-Movies are so darn fun to watch!

• Aug 05, 2018

Plays out like Godzilla (1954) but with an alligator instead. The effects and creature work are outdated but the movie is short, sweet and to the point.

• Jul 11, 2018

it entertained me for 1 boring afternoon

it entertained me for 1 boring afternoon

• May 01, 2018

A rather bland and dated creature feature. While the overall concept is actually quite intriguing the poor acting and dated effects make this one tough to watch. Some hard core fans of the genre may enjoy this but everyone else will come away disappointed.

• Feb 15, 2018