Aloha Reviews

• 5d ago

Good intentions towards togetherness from Cameron Crowe as well decently respectful cultural-wise with a fine cast except for the whitewashing, but all let down by how sentimentally awkward it has instead become and then mutually ask in resonance how exactly it was pitched. (C+)

• May 13, 2020

I don't know what all the haters were hating about I really enjoyed this movie surely it has its quirks and with definitely different but all in all was a good watch

• May 11, 2020

Weirdly disjointed. Dialogue was trying to be edgy and clever and came off as confusing and fake. Should have been better what with the stars that were in it. John Krasinski was totally wasted. And just curious - if you're making a rom-com, should there maybe be some com in there?

• Apr 29, 2020

This is one of few Hawaiian movies that is actually not "whitewashed" as the military personnel are white but the story takes you deeper than just a simple romcom. You catch a glimpse of a very real Hawaiian sovereignty movement, where Brian Gilcrest (Bradley Cooper) meets with an old military buddy, Dennis "Bumpy" Pu‘uhonua Kanahele to negotiate the construction of a new military complex that is to be built on a native Hawaiian burial site. Instead of commercial Luaus and Don Ho you get enjoy an authentic Hawaiian slack key guitar, an authentic family luau and interesting view of Hawaiian mythology. Much deeper than say Pearl Harbor or 50 First Dates. As a whole the film is enjoyable and interesting and with a sweet and tender ending.

• Apr 07, 2020

I think 2 stars is a bit brutal. I thought the background plot (evil billionaire Bill Murray trying to launch a weaponized satellite in cahoots with the U.S. military) too simplistic and obvious) but the triangular-ish love story was interesting and, at times, nuanced. The final scenes with a) Cooper playing off Krasinski and b) Cooper watching McAdams' daughter dancing were really quite well done. I always feel a few good scenes can almost redeem a movie. And, hey, who can hate ANY movie shot in Hawaii?

• Mar 31, 2020

boring and simple, nothing more than that

boring and simple, nothing more than that

• Mar 31, 2020

despite the critics poor ratings, I enjoyed this sweet romantic comedy about one of my favorite places in the world, Hawaii. Especially enjoyed the Hawaiian music and culture included in the movie which had a great cast as well

• Mar 21, 2020

its one of the best movies , i have ever watched, complete story, family and the music is superb. It's a new movie story .

• Feb 27, 2020

Awful movie. Feels like it was made on the cheap. Storyline does not sit well at all. Shameful considering the cast lineup

• Feb 15, 2020

Aloha seems to lack to show any kind of emotion, even with the cast it was blessed with.