American Honey Reviews

• Nov 07, 2020

The sex scenes were so long I felt like I also had sex with Shia LaBeouf

The sex scenes were so long I felt like I also had sex with Shia LaBeouf

• Nov 03, 2020

It's captivating, authentic- American Honey's story flows onto the screen more naturally than any film I've seen in recent memory. It feels as though I'm watching real people live real lives, in places I've actually been. Sasha Lane and Shia LeBoeuf both played their characters brilliantly. An easy five stars.

• Oct 03, 2020

On the positive side, Sasha Lane is fantastic as Star, a young girl who signs on with a group of what appear to be homeless teens, travelling the country selling magazine subscriptions and generally having a good time. There is an undeniable and contagious vibe about the film, created by the enthusiasm of the cast, the soundtrack, and Andrea Arnold's hyperactive directorial style. On the negative side, it clocks in at an inexplicable 163 minutes, which is about an hour longer than it should take to get the point across. Every other scene, it seems, is either somewhere on a hotel property or inside a packed van. Had the director had the common sense to trim down the running time, it could have been impactful. As it is, it's just frustrating and tiring.

• Sep 07, 2020

I loved it. From the soundtrack to the cinematography, to the cast, this movie gave me early 2000s white trash vibes and I was so here for it.

• Aug 30, 2020

If you're like me and you've COVIDevoured every film in existence, this was a helluva find. Sasha Lane is subdued, charming. I'd imagine American Honey is on Gen Z's Mt. Rushmore.

• Aug 13, 2020

Very down-to-earth movie, awesome cinematography and realistic scenes / dialogues. Loved it

• Jul 25, 2020

An unconventional coming of age drama with a risky narrative and unhinged performances that offers a rewarding viewing experience that isn't completely satisfying.

• Jul 08, 2020

Weird plot lines, too many unlikeable characters with no depth or substance... oddest movie ever

• Jun 18, 2020

Perfect for the summer I was truly impressed good film

Perfect for the summer I was truly impressed good film

• Jun 18, 2020

This movie is exactly my type; weird and quirky people doing weird and quirky things. I just like this movie so much that its long run time doesn't bother me. The movie is greatly visually appealing and stylized. I love the characters as well as their interactions.