American Honey Reviews

• Jun 19, 2019

Very long movie with not really much of a plot or point.

Very long movie with not really much of a plot or point.

• Jun 14, 2019

My .5 star is 10x to generous.

My .5 star is 10x to generous.

• May 31, 2019

This movie is really really bad

This movie is really really bad

• May 27, 2019

When it's all said and done it's a three hours about selling magazines. I can't believe I watched a movie about kids rapping in a van and selling magazines.....crap.

• May 25, 2019

A love story riddled with the the drastic complexity and intimacy of our historical moment. What does love look like when coming of age in a world that is falling apart? What is valuable, and how do we create value? What is the dream we are living into? With riffs on the nature of exploitation, the exploitation of nature, and the commodification of everything except happiness, this film is a sad and resilient experience.

• May 22, 2019

Should have watched The Room

Should have watched The Room

• May 20, 2019

Could have been so much better had some parts been completely removed, and other parts edited. As the movie went on and on, so much of it lost credibility to me. My wife loved it, so I gave it an extra half star. I liked a lot of the supporting casts efforts. Some did better than others with their ad -libs and attempts of being real and raw. The two stars did really well also. Shia's performance sometimes felt natural, other times felt forced and gimmicky, and had those moments been trimmed off then his performance could have been appreciated even more. I like movies with this type of feel, as if there aren't any actors in it, as though a camera is capturing a real life story-line. It was a good try.

• May 16, 2019

I was waiting for something epic and climactic to happen, but it never did. No real identifiable plot that can be seen, no unique dialogue whatsoever, just a bunch of young punk magazine sellers who swear and do drugs. It was not even deserving of three stars.

• May 15, 2019

A "coming of age" story of around 15 millennials where nothing happens. Except, they start off with hip-hop, and end with country music. And the movie has no conclusion. Nudity, though!

• May 15, 2019

Painfully inauthentic and atrociously written, American Honey could have shed and hour and still been boring and gone nowhere. Do yourself a favor and watch Heaven Knows What instead. This one blows.