American Psycho - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

American Psycho Reviews

December 5, 2017
Mildly interesting, not witty, not dramatic, not suspenseful, not gory - just ho-hum. 1 star for the cinematography + 1 star for Christian Bale's acting.
½ November 16, 2017
The personification of the American dream, 80s style.
½ November 11, 2017
I've heard about this movie's violence & craziness for years, but I had no idea it was so despicably funny. It's a blistering satire of American capitalism & perfection, but it's also a fascinatingly pointed look at racial injustice without once mentioning it...or even showing a non-white person. Bale is incredible; sleazy, smarmy, high-pitched & uncomfortably hilarious (love all the business card egoism & the creepy pop music musings). If only fewer well-known figures saw Bateman as an idol instead of a critique...
½ November 9, 2017
wicked performance from Christian Bale , very dark humour. Liked it
½ November 6, 2017
A deadly form of satire whose ending only strengthens its theme and premise to an enlightening degree.
½ October 31, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.5

Visceral, visualmente impactante y una brillante actuación de Christian Bale.
October 28, 2017
Smart, well acted, and most of the times misunderstood. American Psycho has a hidden message that needs a smart thinker and creative mind to decrypt.
½ October 27, 2017
Exuberant and devouring, this film is interesting but not fascinating; a deeper level of ambiguity stops it short of greatness.
½ October 19, 2017
Terrific performance from Christian Bale and a great mix of dark humor and horror, while it may leave some viewers confused in the end. B+
October 1, 2017
Satire at it's finest. This movie psychologically analyzes two very interesting things. The character of Patrick Bateman, and the society in which he lives in. The movie is entirely self-aware of it's over the top burlesque and yet still has scenes that will genuinely creep you out. It is, without a doubt, an under-appreciated masterpiece and Bale's finest performance to this day.
September 16, 2017
This is truly one of the most underrated movies of all time. Absolutely hilarious from start to finish, beautiful direction to showcase an amazing scripts true potential, the trick being that the director and actors understand the script well enough to bring out its full potential and they absolutely do. The editing in this movie stands out as a great piece of trickery and amusement but this movie may have only semi worked if it wasn't for Christian Bale delivering one of the best performances in cinematic history.
September 14, 2017
A corny slasher/comedy flick with hot actors of the time. It's alright - just didn't do much for me.
September 8, 2017
Very Creepy, Interesting, clever, somehow funny movie. The music just added too the creepiness. Bale definitely nailed his role!
September 4, 2017
I like Christian Bale In The Movie.
½ August 13, 2017
Its depth rests too heavily on its source material but American Psycho has an undeniable bevy of talented people both in front of and behind the camera to make for a wild, unnerving, darkly funny, and very entertaining viewing experience.
August 1, 2017
This movie is just so wonderful in so many ways. I love the fact that after you watch it, all you will want to do is watch it again and again.
½ July 28, 2017
A wealthy New York investment banking executive portrayed by the talented Christian Bale, hides his alternate psychopathic ego from his co-workers and friends as he delves deeper into his violent, hedonistic fantasies. His performance is truly convincing and crazy, he makes us hate the guy. But I hate the fact that the end is so ambiguous. I want answers! Everything happened in his imagination, right? Is he really that disturbed?