American Psycho - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

American Psycho Reviews

July 15, 2016
Although Christian Bale gives an Oscar-worthy performance, everything else is just overrated and unsatisfying.
July 12, 2016
American psycho is a film that is a mixed bag of some sort for the general public and media. however in my book, it's a classic! Christian bale is fantastic in a role I have never seen him in. his co-star Willem Dafoe is great too. Patrick Bateman is a character that is very well realised and very well fleshed out with his faults that make him human! as a letter score I would give it a A-
½ July 11, 2016
When I first saw this movie, I was more interested in Bale's unnerving performance as a serial killer showing no remorse or feelings and just butchering people in such brutal ways. But now that I'm older and have seen it several times, I really, really enjoy the social commentary behind it and how greedy some people are, so wrapped up in themselves and their "business cards" that Patrick Bateman could actually get away with this shit. (And if you're one of the people who thinks that the killings were just in his imagination, fuck you.)
½ June 24, 2016
This is a stylish, sharply written, retro fusion of horror, black comedy and satire elevated to near perfect status because of Christian Bale's brilliant lead performance. That "Hip to be Square" scene is a brilliant wacky delight alone!
May 31, 2016
Christian Bale throws himself so fully into his roles, it's impossible not to get drawn in. This 2000 movie feels both dated and contemporary. The aerial shots of the World Trade Center give a creepy feeling today. There are a couple references to Donald Trump that almost feel like a knowing nudge to the 2016 presidential candidate. Also, you get to see Batman (er, Bateman), take an axe to a future Joker.
May 30, 2016
"It's hip to be square"
May 27, 2016
Inside the mind of the psycho, Patrick Bateman, American Psycho shines in many scenes, some of which are where we see the two personalities of Patrick Bateman, and the climax will leave you stunned. Despite that the rest of the movie is quite boring and you can skip a big bunch of the movie as there isn't much going on. But if you're willing to skip the movie, then it's worth a watch, other than that, it all comes down to opinions.
May 5, 2016
American Psycho is just pure amazingness.
½ May 2, 2016
4/30/2016: An ok movie. The book was much better though.
April 30, 2016
Christian Bale portrays this terrifying, psychopathic serial killer amazingly in this great blend of drama and comedy.
½ April 18, 2016
Classic Christian Bale, I remember it being pretty good. Lots of suspense
April 17, 2016
Ruthless and bizarre. Christian Bale is a beast in the role of Patrick Bateman.
½ April 14, 2016
76%
Saw this again on 14/4/16
Back when I saw this three years ago I was taken aback by the strong violence and the lack of care for human life. Now that I have matured more and reached a state where I seem to be indifferent towards any form of cinematic violence, I find this movie amusing. It's surrealistic satire is polarizing, Bale gives a noteworthy performance and the craft has some flare in it. Not a perfect film, but still far from being worthless if you can of course cope up with the violence.
April 14, 2016
confusing really confusing
April 10, 2016
American Psycho is a crazy movie with a great performance by Christian Bale, the movie does get dull at times though.
½ April 9, 2016
Patrick Bateman is a sick guy, but the world is sicker. Best performance of Christian Bale to me.
½ March 12, 2016
Bale delivers one of his most complex roles to date in this cult classic, which keeps things interesting through its crisp dialogue and "is it really happening or not?" approach.
March 12, 2016
A very satirical look at what goes through the mind of a Wall Street yuppie.
½ March 9, 2016
It's well constructed and painted like a canvas.
½ March 5, 2016
Great performance from Bale, worth checking out if you're a fan of his.