American Psycho - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

American Psycho Reviews

February 3, 2018
I did not like it. stupid ending
½ February 2, 2018
A brilliant horror film that has more than its fair share of dark humour. A yuppie loses the plot and ends up killing people off...in between facial packs, working out and dining at the best restaurants!
½ February 1, 2018
I still cannot entirely figure out what I think of this movie's plot and more importantly its message. But the things that makes up from it is great acting and a screenplay that takes you into the mind of a psycho to the point where you're beginning to wonder what is real and what is the character's own obsessions and desires.
January 31, 2018
Although it has an incredible critic to the behavior of the Wall Street people in the 80's, American Psycho has some issues of not being a funny movie, at least for me.
January 13, 2018
American Psycho is stylish, murderously fun and hip to be square!
January 5, 2018
I gotta return some video tapes
½ December 19, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.5

Visceral, visualmente impactante y una brillante actuación de Christian Bale.
December 5, 2017
Mildly interesting, not witty, not dramatic, not suspenseful, not gory - just ho-hum. 1 star for the cinematography + 1 star for Christian Bale's acting.
½ November 16, 2017
The personification of the American dream, 80s style.
½ November 11, 2017
I've heard about this movie's violence & craziness for years, but I had no idea it was so despicably funny. It's a blistering satire of American capitalism & perfection, but it's also a fascinatingly pointed look at racial injustice without once mentioning it...or even showing a non-white person. Bale is incredible; sleazy, smarmy, high-pitched & uncomfortably hilarious (love all the business card egoism & the creepy pop music musings). If only fewer well-known figures saw Bateman as an idol instead of a critique...
½ November 9, 2017
wicked performance from Christian Bale , very dark humour. Liked it
½ November 6, 2017
A deadly form of satire whose ending only strengthens its theme and premise to an enlightening degree.
½ October 31, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.5

Visceral, visualmente impactante y una brillante actuación de Christian Bale.
October 28, 2017
Smart, well acted, and most of the times misunderstood. American Psycho has a hidden message that needs a smart thinker and creative mind to decrypt.
½ October 27, 2017
Exuberant and devouring, this film is interesting but not fascinating; a deeper level of ambiguity stops it short of greatness.
½ October 19, 2017
Terrific performance from Christian Bale and a great mix of dark humor and horror, while it may leave some viewers confused in the end. B+
October 1, 2017
Satire at it's finest. This movie psychologically analyzes two very interesting things. The character of Patrick Bateman, and the society in which he lives in. The movie is entirely self-aware of it's over the top burlesque and yet still has scenes that will genuinely creep you out. It is, without a doubt, an under-appreciated masterpiece and Bale's finest performance to this day.