American Psycho - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

American Psycho Reviews

February 18, 2017
american psycho is a dark satire with a lot of comedy and a great performance by Christian Bale .
February 18, 2017
quotable, if nothing else.
February 10, 2017
Patrick Bateman seems like the normal man trying to fit in with his rich friends, things soon take a turn encapsulating a psychopathic character which was played amazingly by Christian Bale. An enjoyable film.
It's Hip to Be Square!
February 8, 2017
One of my favorites! because I want to fit in....
½ February 7, 2017
Bloody, Brutal, Violent and.... Funny? Yes!
½ January 28, 2017
A worthy and faithful adaptation of Bret Easton Ellis's controversial novel. Superb acting and direction make for a superior horror film that wonderfully incorporates the satirical riff on 80's "me" culture that made the novel so special.
January 17, 2017
Interesting movie, but definitely not perfect. Christian Bale is very good. Worth seeing.
January 14, 2017
A misunderstood excellent movie. *great movie
January 14, 2017
This novel based movie is much more than gore.
January 8, 2017
Hay Paul!!! This movie is amazing!!!!!
January 5, 2017
Christian bale stars as the deranged serial killer working on wall street. By day he's an arrogant stock broker and by night he's a blood thirsty killer. As the film goes on we see christian bale rapidly becoming more and more out of his mind. A crazy, violent film with a twist that leaves you cross eyed.
December 30, 2016
A striking critique of the emptiness of modern western value with a delicious ambiguity...it's a work of a art and with a career defining performance by Christian bale
December 1, 2016
Deserves no stars. SICK
½ November 20, 2016
Bale was pretty good in this. Definitely a psycho.
November 2, 2016
A well-made black comedy/horror movie carried by a disturbing performance from Christian Bale. This review has meant nothing.
½ October 31, 2016
American Psycho (2000) C-97m. ? 1/2 D: Mary Harron. Christian Bale, Justin Theroux, Josh Lucas, Bill Sage, ChloŽ Sevigny, Reese Witherspoon. Unsuccessful adaption of Bret Easton Ellis novel about egotistical brute Bale, extremely successful businessman who kills people in his spare time. Film's only goal (and only purpose) is for an ironic satirical edge . . . and absolutely nothing else, despite Bale's dynamic performance. Climatic finale almost seems to belong in a different movie.
October 30, 2016
While not perfect, American Psycho is an entertaining thriller that has some nice satirical scenes directed at materialism and other rich people gimmicks.
½ October 28, 2016
One of the greatest actors ever shows us that being a serial killer can actually make us laugh. Funny and horrifying at once, Bale gives arguably the best performance of his career.
October 23, 2016
Great performance by Bale, the scenes were he shares his thoughts on well known musicians as he prepares for murder is top notch.