American Psycho - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

American Psycho Reviews

February 16, 2019
The most disgusting attempts at entertainment or story I have ever payed witness to.
January 30, 2019
Horrible, como la dentadura de Bale.
½ January 27, 2019
Ha certamente un suo stile e una sua motivazione che pero' si limitano ad intrattenere solamente grazie all'interpretazione dell'attore protagonista. Oltre a questa, eccezionale in ogni parte della pellicola, non riusciamo a ricavare un'esperienza narrativa completa o una qualsiasi forma di collegamento emotivo con lo spettatore. Manca anche una sorta di idea di base che conduca il film in una qualsiasi direzione: alla fine il film si conclude senza dire niente, un aspetto piuttosto triste di una pellicola che aveva un gran potenziale.
January 20, 2019
hmm not that interesting. maybe a crowd magnet because of the name, but that's it
January 16, 2019
One of the Greatest comedies ever with a perfect performance from Bale
January 9, 2019
It is hard too believe that this shot of testosterone was directed by a woman.
December 24, 2018
Greatest dark comedy of all time.
½ November 28, 2018
Kills a dog shit movie. Movie writers can kill as many folk as they want why they gotta kill the damn dog like wtf
½ November 27, 2018
You won't stop laughing.
October 24, 2018
Christian Bale's method acting takes the disturbing elements of this movie to a whole new level
October 14, 2018
Pretty unique psychological slasher film that doesn`t have a timeline or specific date in time. You could watch this film over and over again and no matter what, the film is meant to have no end but is always a delight.
½ October 5, 2018
Christian bale gives a fine performance and I admire it for its creepiness but it left me wanting more when it was over.
September 22, 2018
American Psycho is an original, well-directed film with one of the most twisted and insane characters ever brought to the big screen. Christain Bale as Patrick Bateman makes the movie what it is. It's still his best performance. The film is not for everyone I'll tell you that. It's a great dark comedy satire of narcissistic business people with an ending that's mind-bending. Great movie! My favorite movie directed by a woman. Now if you accuse me, I have to return some video tapes.
September 19, 2018
A brief adaptation of the book is a comic turn, and partly because the serial killer has become one of the cinema's stock characters this past decade. Bateman was clearly named to echo America's most famous movie psycho, Norman Bates, but the characters he most resembles are those more recent sociopathic figures fleeing from or attracted to the upper middle-class high life played by Edward Norton in Fight Club, Jude Law and Matt Damon in The Talented Mr Ripley, and Kevin Spacey in American Beauty.

American Psycho is a shallow movie, as two-dimensional as its hero, though in a performance that is convincingly American, eerily disturbing and edgily comic, Christian Bale brings Bateman to life.
½ September 2, 2018
This movie is messed up! It is certainly a strange journey, but I found that it loses its focus near the end.
½ August 24, 2018
Wow, what a weird and wonderful........ well actually just weird film. As Christian Bale's desire to look and be the best at what he does soon gets on top of him, anything or anyone that outdoes him usually pays the price in this sexually charged depiction of a psychos life. Despite heavy reference to brutality it's not as bloody as it sounds with much of the violence taking place off camera, as it focuses more on the psychological state of mind of the lead character. Compelling due to its obscure nature but somewhat confusing as we approach the concluding scenes. Still, who said it was ever going to be easy when trying to understand a mentalists state of mind.
August 24, 2018
damn good television.
½ August 22, 2018
Not a lot to say or see here.
August 21, 2018
"American Psycho" is a representation of materialism, narcissism, and nihilism for someone who wants to fulfill his desires and ego. This is about a serial murder, a satire black comedy movie which alludes a few things about it. Christian Bale as a lunatic fringe is one of the insane characters in this movie. This is a quite funny yet dark comedy satire movie that opens a lot of interpretations at the end of the movie.
August 12, 2018
Really bad - just strange and bizarre; I didn't get it.