Ant-Man Reviews

• Jul 13, 2020

One of the worse movies in the MCU, but it is still funny, and has some fun action sequences. Worth watching.

• Jul 13, 2020

Excellent movie and special effects. Especially in 3D!

Excellent movie and special effects. Especially in 3D!

• Jul 09, 2020

Los efectos, el reparto, la vestimenta, etc. Todo es agradable dentro del filme.

• Jul 06, 2020

Extremely funny and well made.

Extremely funny and well made.

• Jun 27, 2020

The low-scale low-threat level movie has the smallest Avenger. I love it cuz it was different, and it has Luizzzz. Paul Rudd is just such a great actor to play this ANT-MAN, even people in the movie stammer to speak his name. Micheal Douglas as old Hank Pym is believable. Evangeline Lilly is good at what she is given, shines when she trains Scoot. And Luizzz is by far steals this movie. I love cuz it is superhero movie with the mix of a heist, the comedy lands and cracks me everytime I watch it. Scoot isn't our everyday superhero, he is complete fraud. He robs, steals. I love his relationship with his daughter, the yound actress playing Cassie is so cute and Scoot doing his best to make her happy sparks little emotion inside me. The villain could have been better. Story is great with Hank mastermining the plan and giving Scoot the mantle. Nice backstory for Hank to later revisit. Hanks distrust of Shield with some Stark reference which are cool as i am a MCU nerd. Luizzz is ma man, his dialogue delivery and him saying unnecessary gossip hits me hard with giggles. Everytime his sequence comes, I try to mimic him but fail miserable.

• Jun 27, 2020

Not one of my favorite Marvel films, but it was still a pretty good film. It had some good moments.

• Jun 25, 2020

With fun visual effects and an all around lighthearted nature, Ant-Man is a nice edition to the MCU.

• Jun 20, 2020

I love Scott Lang as Ant Man. He is the best part of this movie. Even though Yellow Jacket is like Iron Monger in iron man. Still great villain. I love Hank Pym and Hope Van Dyne, great supporting characters.

• Jun 18, 2020

An enjoyable enough film saved by the comedic chops of Paul Rudd. Apart from that, Ant-Man feels like such a bottom of the barrel character from the Marvel Pantheon. The relatively small scale of the plot should feel charming but instead feels anti-climactic. The Marvel "The villain has the same powers as the hero trope" at it's most pungent. This film feels like it is trying to capture the magic of the brilliant previous instalment in the franchise and fails on many, but not all, level. still a great time though!

• Jun 17, 2020

Ant Man, directed by Peyton Reed, was a fun-filled, small scale film, that embraces what it is, for the better. Ant Man, like most MCU films, went through some tough production issues. They initially hired Edgar Wright to direct & write the film, but five rewrites of the script, and some contract disuptes later, Edgar Wright parted ways from the film. Marvel then hired Peyton Reed to direct, and Paul Rudd & Adam McKay to screenwrite. Peyton Reed added in a few decent shots, but this didn't feel like his film; it felt like someone trying to make a film like Edgar Wright, but missed on the execution. If Wright directed & wrote this film, like he should've, this could've easily been one of the MCU's best, having his style and energy pop off the screen. Peyton Reed did a good job with tying the film into the saga, setting up some acceptable, subtle exposition, but this just felt like safe, Marvel factory made film; In some ways, it feels like Peyton Reed borrowed some plot points from the first Iron Man film, and incorporated them here. I appreciated the different approach, going with a heist style film, but Reed spent so much time trying to fit the MCU quota, he wrapped himself into, too many underdeveloped subplots and characters, with an overwhelming barrage of jokes. The narrative has a nice fun tone for the majority of the time, but when they try for that menacing tone, it's laughable, and when they try for that emotional tone, it's too forceful. The pacing of the film isn't balanced well at all. Each act had a different pace, making the film feel not as cohesive as it should be. With a concept that's been used and abused, in order to get people in the seats, you need to have a likable cast; If you have even one character that doesn't work, the film will slowly deteriorate. Sarah Finn casted a lot of likable, and respected actors, but some of the characters didn't pay off as well as expected. Paul Rudd does such a good job in his role as Scott Lang/Ant Man. He brings this undeniable charm and likability to the character, with fantastic delivery to all of his lines, making it real easy to be invested in him. His character arch may be cliche, but he is going to be a nice addition to the avengers team. Evangeline Lilly puts a nice performance as Hope van Dyne, being a nice compliment to everyone on screen. She didn't have a whole lot to do in this film, being purposely shadowed, so it brings a nice edge to her character for the next film. Michael Douglas, man, that man is an actor! He fits the MCU scheme like a glove, putting on the best performance of the whole cast. Although his character has a few likabilities, and noble traits, he was underdeveloped for the amount of spotlight he had; it took some of the fame away from Scott Lang, and he needed all the spotlight he could get. Scott Lang's friends in Michael Pena, David Dastmalchian, and T.I, are super annoying! McKay and Rudd try to give them enough to do to make them relevant, but they're just useless. Corey Stoll as Darren Cross/Yellowjacket, is one of the worst, and most forgettable villains of the MCU. The small amout of potential his character had, was washed away by the way his character was written. They tried to give him a back story, but it was so forceful, and underdeveloped, leaving him to be a one dimensional villain. For a phase two film, there really wasn't a lot of action, but when it was there, it was presented in such a visually interesting way, with seamless effects, and so many colors blasting off the screen! You can tell that, before leaving, Edgar Wright choreographed most of the sequences, having his style all over it! Overall, Ant Man is another one of those films, where it's fun to revisit, but it's not one of those stand-out films, that belong at the top of the MCU list.