Apollo 18 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Apollo 18 Reviews

½ September 8, 2017
Despite how hard it tries, Apollo 18 is a boring and mostly scare-free experience. It tries, it really does, and there are one or two genuinely scary moments. The premise is solid, and the acting is actually pretty good. Sadly, the efforts of the actors and director are nearly completely wasted in this sad failure of a horror movie.
½ August 25, 2017
Who ever thought this would be scary to anyone is the one who we should be blaming. The worst part is the ending is suppose to be the scariest part, but it makes one laugh until you question why the hell did I waste my time watching this movie and it is a short laugh.
½ June 25, 2017
Pouco original e sem metade do suspense esperado, o filme não diz a que veio.
June 10, 2017
Yeah sure, it has its share of problems, such as trying to hoodwink the audience into believing that this is a real found footage film,(guys, do you honestly think we're that stupid!? Please!)But, I really enjoyed it despite that!
½ May 3, 2017
I actually found some of it funny.
February 3, 2017
looks interesting...
½ December 22, 2016
In case no one warns you, it's a "found footage" movie, similar in style to "Cloverfield" and "Blair Witch."
½ November 12, 2016
The movie can give you a question mark whether is it real? then that's enough.
August 12, 2016
Riffing off the current hype of found footage movies, Apollo 18 fails to build any of the suspense of tension that earlier instalments, such as The Blair Witch Project and Cloverfield, had in abundance. What we get instead is ninety minutes of not a lot. It takes plenty of time to get going, then nothing really happens, and then it ends. It feels overly drawn out considering it is a short movie but what it should be is a fifteen minute short movie that really nails the premise. There is potential. During one scene the film felt claustrophobic despite being set in the vastness of space. This is a feat that suggested greater things to come and despite the odd jump it doesn't bring anything good let alone great. There is nothing to the characters giving any emotional appeal or empathy to their plight. Maybe this is because their situation is one we will never find ourselves in?! As the film plods on there are no great escapes, no dices with death, no challenge for our characters to overcome, meaning we are left with something rather dull. The story could work however the found footage idea and the lack of depth suggest this shouldn't be a cinema release and instead a short movie watched online.
July 8, 2016
A Brilliant idea for a film but when made didn't stack upto what it was supposed to be. I would say this film is alright, nothing more.
½ June 22, 2016
Don't watch this boring piece of shit, it will bore you to tears, there are no scares, no surprises, NOTHING NOTHING AT ALL.
jamrcla
June 5, 2016
After just about everyone putting negative comments I was suprised about this film, The acting was good the story was ok, Not many scary bits and the ending could been done better but I enjoyed the short ride.
April 23, 2016
The biggest problem with this movie is that the "found footage" genre has been done to death at this point which turns most people off to this film. Also seeing it like a home movie does get rather annoying after a while and it does go at a slow pace. For the most part this movie is really tailored toward those who have an active interest in the Apollo space program and NASA as well as any conspiracy theories that goes with it. If you don't fit into that group you really won't like this film. That and moon rock monsters is kinda ridiculous to most.
April 20, 2016
Not my favorite scary movie, nor is it the scariest, but it is quite thought-provoking.
April 8, 2016
The found footage genre is loathed by many people, honestly I can see why. I don't agree with that sentiment, but the shaky camera work, low quality in film, and almost always predictable endings are a big turn off for many. However, I have found myself enjoying many movies within this genre for various reasons. Sometimes a story can suck you in, other times, it's the characters. Apollo 18 has none of those things.

The story is predictable, even by found footage standards and the characters bland. Really nothing new or interesting is offered up and without even watching it, you know exactly what to expect. Which is, shaky cam or not, the worst sin a movie can commit.
½ March 17, 2016
Trailer way better than the actual movie in my opinion. Apollo 18 consists on a silly plot with hardly any suspense making it very boring to watch. To add to that, the movie was filmed with an old fashioned 1960s camera making it annoyingly unclear.
March 10, 2016
This movie was a bit boring, but I actually didn't completely hate it and found it pretty interesting at times
March 2, 2016
I really liked this movie, so glad I never decide if I will see a movie or not based on the reviews, glad to see something different than all those blockbuster hits directed towards the sheeple.
February 22, 2016
I was really excited when this movie came out. And I think overall the story was really good idea. Good idea, not so good execution of the idea. It would've been great as a regular directed movie rather than the 1st person 'Blair Witch' style. Just tell the story normally. Had they done that, it would've been much much better. I actually think the concept was a home run. They just missed.
February 5, 2016
May as well have been titled "Extraterrestrial Activity". The movie simply recycles what it knows has been good before, but doesn't know why it was good to begin with. What a dud.