Arctic Tale - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Arctic Tale Reviews

June 3, 2016
This movie is not much a of a documentry its even worst than jack and jill and the horrid henry movie
May 3, 2016
Wonderful cinematography (what else would you expect from National Geographic?), great storyline and an important message for saving the earth, and the consequences if we don't, makes this a fascinating flick for young and old.
½ February 9, 2015
enjoyable movie for the family about life in the arctic and the effects of global warming on their environment
½ January 13, 2015
Quite cute in parts, but I did not find it as well done as March of the Penguins.
January 1, 2014
despite queen latifah, i still kinda want to see this.
November 25, 2013
Interesting story about all Arctic animals although it was based on a Mother Polar Bear and her two cubs. Harsh reality of the struggle for life in the Arctic was shown well. Beautiful cold scenery also in this film.
February 10, 2013
You need to watch this movie on 'mute'. Queen Latifah and her poorly-written script ruin this otherwise potentially captivating documentary.
January 3, 2013
I never saw march of th peguins so I really want to see this
December 22, 2012
Just like March of the Penguins, it's a really good documentary for the entire family to watch and enjoy.
December 7, 2012
Would like to see sometime!
December 1, 2012
I can never say no to a good documentary on animals, this one was especially good because of the lovely cubs. It must have been a great effort to film this journey which lasts 8 long years.
November 27, 2012
This looks really cute
August 11, 2012
This is a movie that i could tolerate in school of with a girlfriend, but im not going to sit down and watch this type of movie in my personal free time.
July 25, 2012
This movie Teaches you about living in the Arctic as these animals struggle for survival! It is a must see!
½ July 6, 2012
It takes a special kind of person to watch a documentary. It takes another kind of special person to watch a movie about real-life animals. It takes an EXTRAORDINARY person to appreciate a documentary about real-life animal life. I am just not one of those people. I might watch this again if I have trouble with insomnia.
April 25, 2012
More geared towards children than March of the Penguins was, but the biggest impact is knowing the Arcitc and the animals that depend on it are greatly threatened.
April 15, 2012
Wonderful wildlife photography, but not the best choice of voice-over. Queen Latifah continually feels like she is talking to the audience of Sesame Street.
½ April 5, 2012
Well done! Sad in places, but the truth usually is.
March 14, 2012
This sounds like it could be really cute, and a great watch.
February 29, 2012
A tear jerker for sure. Very entertaining, if this is your thing. Realism at it's best. It deserves 100%. Why? It must of taken years and years to make, no small feat. It's real, it's interesting and very entertaining. You rarely find this in a movie, a real gem and an excellent balance of artistry.

From the obvious cinematography to the excellent soundtrack. I mean The Shins are on it, so what else could you ask for? The opening theme song was just perfect too.

But at the heart are two survival stories. It makes you think twice about the animal kingdom and how much we have in common with them. This is pure survival at it's best and worst. Nothing is choreographed, it's all real.

I also liked the narration, it is more of a guide and stands to illuminate events as they happen. There are many scenes I will never forget. One that stands out to me is when it is time for Nanu to go off on her own to fend for herself and what the mother must do to make this happen. Heartbreaking, I tell ya. Sometimes the only solution could be the toughest that one could ever face. Wow, so this is the true meaning of strength and the will to survive when all odds are against you.

It's funny how when you get to know these animals and see how they live, that they are just like any other character in any other movie. You get to know and feel empathy for them.