Babel - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Babel Reviews

March 20, 2018
Bound to win an Oscar; its exactly the dull artsy rubbish that usually does. If you like watching paint dry, this will be right up your alley, For me it could have easily been edited to half of it's 2 hour 20 minutes and it still would have been about 1/2 an hour too long. Dull, rambling and tedious.
March 3, 2018
Like a Paul Thomas Anderson movie. But without the humour. You'll be engrossed. And you'll probably feel like crying.
February 26, 2018
An incredible film with superb acting throughout and three perfectly intertwined stories from 4 different countries connecting through a gun. Beautifully made and one of the best films I have ever seen. Sometimes a film just captivates you and you don?t want it to end. This is one of those films.
½ February 12, 2018
Puntaje Original: 7.0

Un magistral trabajo narrativo de Alejandro Gonzalez Iñarritu, con empatizables historias y memorables personajes.
December 25, 2017

[Alejandro G. Iñárritu]
December 19, 2017
In most movies, I have an issue with more than one storyline. However, in Babel, the storylines actually have a connection to each other. The first time you see it, you watch it for the entertainment. The second time, you pay close attention to every single detail of the movie.This movie has you gripping your chair. It has you crying. It has you nervous. This movie makes you feel a variety of emotions, as well as admire the story's creativeness.
½ September 18, 2017
VERY VERY DEPRESSING! Sometimes these kind of movies are good but I didn't like this one.
September 6, 2017
Fantastic. this is how a story should be told. this is a rare film which is ambiguous and powerful. i couldn't keep my eyes and attention off this film i had little interest in before finally watching it.
½ August 29, 2017
If misery is your elixir, then babel is your holy grail.
½ August 26, 2017
Many interesting stories of different communities and difficulties faced around the world
½ August 24, 2017
Absolutely horrible movie. The director/writer was pervert who fantasizes about teen girls. The movie was a lesson on how to be a victim and to feel sorry for victims-not one person, except for a little boy, had enough character in the entire movie to simply accept responsibility. Horrible.
August 11, 2017
Granted, this is a good film, with some intense scenes and great shots. But I like feeling some sliver of happiness somewhere in a movie. Whether it be at the beginning, or maybe at the end, and perhaps at the end if you could. But Babel is a fucking sadhagfest. It just pissed me off.
August 4, 2017
A complex, richly layered character study as it pertains to four different storylines thrust into one. The character development was stupendous in every way. The story is based on bad decisions and heartbreak that are interwoven and connected with each character. Inarritu impresses again!
½ July 31, 2017
May not be as impressive as his most recent films since his directorial skills improved by further experiences, but Iñárritu still directed something that can still be considered a fine cinematic piece of communication at work with the same-paced plots aligning each other to demonstrate how nicely connected they are in the narration, even though some or most parts turned out to be bland and ineffective. (B)

(Full review TBD)
July 7, 2017
WOW !!! I don't know what to say. Im in shock .I've never except this movie sooo great !!! Great, just great ! Wonderful acting (my first time i've seen Brad Pitt so good) ,wonderful story , cause ist a deeply touching movie. Well deserved Oscar in the category of Filmmusik. Good Job !
June 20, 2017
This is such a difficult film to comment on. The separate plots in different countries all end up tying in together, some soon and some later. There are tense and powerful moments, but perhaps some of the earlier Japanese scenes could have been shortened. The film is inevitably depressing, examining sets of tragedies and how one person's actions can have far reaching consequences. AAN GGWD. 1001
½ April 28, 2017
One of those 'fast forward to the end' and skip all the nonsense beforehand films. Very boring and fails to ever really get going! Forgettable film
March 24, 2017
Interesting overlap of stories makes it an intriguing watch. Well directed and good performances .
March 15, 2017
The greatness of this movie is linking people from 4 different and distant countries from each other. It promotes understanding between people from all kind of backgrounds through the pain of life that we all face in our given scenario but that have an identical impact on everyone.
March 15, 2017
This is definitely one of the most impressive movies I've ever seen!!!