Barney Thomson (The Legend of Barney Thomson) Reviews

• Feb 27, 2018

Anyone who didn't LOVE this movie either simply didn't get it, or it just wasn't their cup of tea. I laughed so hard that my children called down from upstairs to ask if I was okay. Perfectly executed dark humor. Vastly underrated.

• Nov 15, 2017

Robert Carlyle is great i n the role as Barney.. And Emma Thompson as his mother.. It felt like a dumb story but then again.. many are..

• Oct 30, 2017

Amazing film, i loved it!

Amazing film, i loved it!

• Apr 22, 2017

Ha! He did his Rumple bit for a second in a scene. I'm happy.

Ha! He did his Rumple bit for a second in a scene. I'm happy.

• Apr 04, 2017

Robert Carlyle already showed what an incredible actor he is through his role as Rumpelstilskin in ABC's hit series Once Upon A Time. Now as a director he shows the same talent but is let down by the poor script and sluggish pace. Yet The Legend Of Barney Thomson remains an interesting story with a few truly hilarious moments.

• Feb 27, 2017

This might be a great movie. But I couldn't understand what they were saying due to the heavy Scottish accents. And the DVD did not provide subtitles.

• Feb 21, 2017

awesome black comedy sick n twisted emma thompson is just amazing & make sure 2 check out blooper reel-too funny

• Dec 31, 2016

Barney Thomson is not having a good day, nor a good life. Relegated to third chair in a small barber shop, and about to have that chair pulled out from under him. Aren't we all? Best known for incendiary characters, Robert Carlyle steps infront and behind the camera (he directs) to create a jittery, bumbling shmoe whose mundane life is a notch below non-descript. What barber wears a slicked back mullet? Barney. Who's a middle-aged, wimpering Momma's boy that serves his berth donor's every whim? Barney. Who's life is suddenly turned into a series of very unfortunate events which threaten to spiral into cataclysmic erruption? Barney. Carlyle is superb. Emma Thompson, as his overbearing mother, is even better. Hardly recognizable, Thompson is a stormy force: the queen bee to Carlyle's worker. Sporting vertical wrinkles, a leopard coat, and garish lipstick, the bingo enthusiast drops a suitcase in the middle of nowhere, and Barney obediently scurries to fetch it. Hilarious. Hilarious, and dark. There's a record body count piling up. Freezers are beeing filled. The coppers are hot and cold on the trail. Whatever will Barney do? There's only one way to find out. - hipCRANK

• Nov 19, 2016

I don't know whose idea it was to put fat suits on the main characters, but they were kind of overdone, also the fake long nose on the Barney character didn't look real. Emma will be fantastic in anything, and if anything else, show how she can rise to the top in a big mess like this one.

• Nov 13, 2016

Aceptable y por momentos lùgubre comedia, destaca Emma Thompson.

Aceptable y por momentos lùgubre comedia, destaca Emma Thompson.