Bonnie and Clyde - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bonnie and Clyde Reviews

May 17, 2017
Though this film is perhaps more culturally significant than the film itself can really live up too it is still a solidly crafted, well acted and ultimately engrossing film. It also has great action with the violence being truly staggering in its brutality from a film from that time, a good score, looks great and has a few tense moments that are well conceived.
May 9, 2017
At the time I'm sure it was considered an outstanding movie, but it isn't one of the most exhilarating heist films.
April 20, 2017
I remember seeing the film for the first Around a decade ago as a teen & thought to myself there is something missing & I found it bizarre how I felt that exact feeling upon revisiting it early this week.

No doubt an interesting story of lawless & somewhat ruthless couple who meet in Texas in the depression & begin a tour across mid west robbing banks.

I found the structure & dialogue rather uneven & somewhat amateurish. May have had the impact it had due to the violence & intensity of the film. Interesting film but I found it inferior to other films of the genre. Fascinating to read that Warner Bros had so little faith in the film they allowed Warren Beatty to get 40% of Box Office...the film made over $60,000,000 in 1967!!
½ April 4, 2017
Another lost flixster rating
½ March 31, 2017
Besides the fact that Beatty and Dunaway are in their prime looks-wise, this is the worst movie. Within the first 10 minutes I knew I was going to hate this but I stuck with it and boy do I hate it. Meandering, charmless, pointless, awful dialogue, stupid flat characters, wasted potential, boring camerawork, bad editing, like do I have to go on? This is the most overrated film.
½ February 11, 2017
The chemistry is there between Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway in this noteworthy classic crime film. Rich cinematography and a strong soundtrack including "Foggy Mountain Breakdown" also make it worth watching. (First and only full viewing - 11/24/2010)
January 30, 2017
viewed on 18/7/04 (Sun)

They say Natural Born Killers is inspired by this 1967 movie. It does throw up a few gutsy surprises, considered made so long ago. Faye Dunaway walks around in the room with her upper back all bare. There is a scene suggesting oral sex. The final scene is rather painful to watch as Bonnie and Clyde are pigeonholed with, what the production notes state, 1,000 bullets.

The film is not really that great. More like a shoot-'em-up made for mass audience. There is not enough depth to the characters and story. Natural Born Killers does a better job in exploring the psyche of outlaws.

Sorry but I always marvel at how good the leading men and women look in these classics. Faye Dunaway is stunningly beautiful and she looked alot like Nicole Kidman. While Warren looked like Marlon Brandon and I am not surprised he drew inspiration from him.

They were so good-looking and so good as actors, I keep thinking contemporary actors like Nicole Kidman, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Julia Roberts, Halle Berry etc will jolly 'live on' as screen legends and forever 'immortalised' in DVDs.

Rating: B
December 27, 2016
Excellent movie with incredible performances from Beatty and Dunaway
½ December 8, 2016
73%
Saw this on 8/12/16
Notwithstanding the outrageous overacting from Faye Dunaway, this depressing, melodramatic movie has some fine moments to it eventhough most of it is ruined by occational mood shifts. As a story of outlaws, this is not as interesting as say, Butch Casidy and the Sundance Kid.
October 23, 2016
Stunning, Enthralling, Action Adventure that is Ultimately Shocking - I LOVE this film for its nuanced acting, dreamy cinematography, comic slyness, and eye opening bravado.
September 14, 2016
Arthur Penn directs this film very well peppering in some very cool shots (the first time Clyde shoots someone through the car window is awesome), but the best part of the film for me was how the relationship of Bonnie and Clyde was depicted. Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway do such beautiful jobs of embodying these characters, who are very complicated in their own rights. Clyde does not want to have sex, Bonnie wants to do something other than be on the run forever, Clyde wants to look out for his family but at the same time Bonnie hates Blanche, etc. However, at the end of the day, these two really love each other more than anything and always come back to one another despite their conflicts, and the two leads portrayed that beautifully. Even though the film is about two bank robbers, it is a love story at its core.
September 4, 2016
One of the most influential films to ever come out of Hollywood, 'Bonnie and Clyde' is an intensely memorable ride from start to finish.
September 3, 2016
A great pairing in Beatty and Dunaway, with the always excellent Hackman in support. A timeless crime flick.
May 31, 2016
Wonderful human love story. Overall very strongly holding story. Final part of the movie doesn't carry that well with some minor flaws.
May 29, 2016
Great acting and cinematography.
½ May 12, 2016
Wildly electrifying, "Bonnie and Clyde" kicked off the evolution of cinema during the early days of the American New Wave.
April 9, 2016
This snappy, energetic and shockingly violent crime dramedy is wonderfully disorienting. A standout in the 60s film movement, with 2 fantastic lead performances, it's a sly and immensely entertaining critique of Western manhood, the American dream, and our futile search for fictional fame and Hollywood adventure.
April 2, 2016
Dull and flawed, Bonnie and Clyde is an overrated tale of a potential entertaining story - but it nonetheless brings some fine acting to compensate, especially Faye Dunaway's star turn.
½ March 9, 2016
Was impress by the movie upon 1st viewing. Ending is consider violent for its time. Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway met while he is trying to steal her mum's car. She like his bad boy adventure and together they rob a shop. Then they ask a gas attendant Michael J. Pollard to join them and they rob banks. After making some name for himself, Warren's brother Gene Hackman and his wife Estelle Parsons joins them as well. Faye didn't like them as they are noisy and disrupt her way of living. Estelle didn't want to be involve but has no choice. A police came to their hideout and the gang kill them all. While on the run along the lake, a Texas Ranger Denver Pyle try to check but is caught. Faye and Warren make him pose with them for photo. Faye kiss him and he spit at her. Warren is angry and push him to a raft and out to the lake. They rob another bank and hide in motel. Estelle now wants a share of the loot and it angers Faye. Next day she sneak away as she want to see her family. They all found her and decide to visit. Estelle and Michael went to buy groceries and his gun is expose to a sheriff. The police track them down. Estelle tell the cop they are at next door and they shoot. As the gang manage to escape, Gene is injured badly and Estelle is blinded. Sleeping overnight in the woods, the cops found them and surround them, firing in every direction. Gene is shot dead and Estelle caught. Faye and Warren are also injured but with Michael they escaped. Michael bring them to his home to hide and it angers his father who don't want his son to be involve. Warren vows revenge when he read the newspaper that he abandon Gene. Denver is back to get this case and he got the news from Estelle who is Michael. Then his father also made a deal with Denver to let him get Faye and Warren and let his son go. He instruct Michael to hide in the shop. Warren and Faye saw cops and must flee. The father set a trap by pretending to have flat tyre in the outskirt. Warren stops to help. The cops hiding in bushes fires at the duo and both are ridden with many bullets and killed.
February 4, 2016
A true gangster classic. Both Beatty and Dunaway are superb in this biographical account of the ruthless murderous couple. Just as impactful as it was back in 1967. It won the Oscar for Best Picture.