The Breakfast Club - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Breakfast Club Reviews

April 27, 2017
Puts you in the shoes of the characters and makes you remember vividly being a teenager in high school.
April 23, 2017
The Breakfast Club is my favorite movie of all time. It perfectly casts a group of relatable teens and takes a deep look inside. I despise the thought of Hollywood remaking it.
April 12, 2017
the premise is very simple: 5 teenagers have to spend their saturday together in detention, and basically nothing really extraordinay or a big twist happens, but the way the movie is crafted, the way the relationship between these very different characters grow up, itīs simply marvelous.
a must watch for every teenager.
April 1, 2017
The best of the "Brat Pack" films. Still relevant to this day. Absolutely timeless.

Perfect scripting and casting.
March 20, 2017
Yea it's teenage movie that has its cheesy moments but I thoroughly enjoyed the Breakfast Club as it has some great humor and heart to it. This film was able to take all these characters and give them a sense of personality that is memorable, and yes the characters are suppose to represent the tropes and stereotypes of the categorized teenagers, but The Breakfast Club took those tropes and actually did something with them that delivers an entertaining but meaningful coming of age film.
March 12, 2017
One of the best high school movies of all time starring Molly ringwald, Anthony Michael hall, Emilio estevez, and two other people that I have no clue what their names are. This movie is one of the greats or to be called a timeless classic. And the ending is without a doubt when the guy who acts bad goes on the football field and raises his hand up, that's iconic. Even with that song the don't you forget about me song is just awesome. The arm raise is the thing that inspired a whole generation of people and effected them in the greatest way a movie can affect someone by a single gesture. I watched this movie again because of the Goldberg's, a 80s tv show and it had a huge impact on the kid Adam F Goldberg. The actors feel real and just everything in this movie is iconic. But one question, why the fudge is this movie rated r, their is noting wrong with it.
March 10, 2017
Very good movie, both likeable and dickhead characters
½ March 4, 2017
An enjoyable film following five lovable characters overcoming each other differences in detention and becoming friends while addressing important real world problems.
February 23, 2017
The edge was starting to get to me, but then it redeemed itself.
February 18, 2017
One of my very favorites.
February 9, 2017
Very funny and cool story about different high school clicks bonding.
January 29, 2017
An 80s teen classic.

A great blend of comedy & drama.

I fell a little bit in love with Ally Sheedy's crazy character in this.

[8/10]
½ January 3, 2017
A timely classic that will surely appeal to many teens from different generations, The Breakfast Club relays the old, recurring problems that everyday adolescents face, be it at their own homes or schools.
½ December 25, 2016
The setting may be stationary and there might not be that much going on in terms of action, but the characters and their backstories are so engaging that they completely save the movie from being a bore in the slightest.
December 18, 2016
My favorite teen comedy ever. It isn't very suprising that it is loved by many.Estevez, Hall, Nelson, and Ringwald do great. A funny, sweet, and well written teen classic.
December 15, 2016
A no-pussyfooting, genuinely beautiful and entertaining coming-of-age film.
December 1, 2016
very good film I enjoyed the film
November 15, 2016
I won't forget about this movie.
½ November 4, 2016
One of those iconic 80's teen flicks I've heard so much about. Not bad I suppose, very talky and sometimes funny. Seems like all five of the characters had some serious bi-polar issues going on at different times of the movie, either that or it's just teens being teens(teens that looked like they're in their 20's mind you). I found it a bit odd how they all bonded at the end, but hey.. maybe that's just how I see it.
November 4, 2016
Maybe I would have related more to this had I been in their age when I was a bigger idiot than I already am. Of course, I speak for myself. It makes me think we dont stop being the idiots we always were. Just biggest idiots. Adult idiots that make bigger mistakes. Like raising a family when you aren't ready. Oh well. Fun fun movie.