The Breakfast Club - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Breakfast Club Reviews

December 1, 2016
very good film I enjoyed the film
November 15, 2016
I won't forget about this movie.
½ November 4, 2016
One of those iconic 80's teen flicks I've heard so much about. Not bad I suppose, very talky and sometimes funny. Seems like all five of the characters had some serious bi-polar issues going on at different times of the movie, either that or it's just teens being teens(teens that looked like they're in their 20's mind you). I found it a bit odd how they all bonded at the end, but hey.. maybe that's just how I see it.
November 4, 2016
Maybe I would have related more to this had I been in their age when I was a bigger idiot than I already am. Of course, I speak for myself. It makes me think we dont stop being the idiots we always were. Just biggest idiots. Adult idiots that make bigger mistakes. Like raising a family when you aren't ready. Oh well. Fun fun movie.
October 23, 2016
Easily earns its rightful place as an 80's classic.
October 21, 2016
Although I feel The Breakfast Club falls stagnate in character growth with many of the same plot points occurring over and over it still instills deep insightful moments into the minds of teens and growing up. An enjoyable film about youth.
½ October 19, 2016
The breakfast club is so much like my high school, you have the athlete who has something to prove, the egotistical "bad ass", you have the awkward nerd, the popular girl who everyone understands except herself, and the sociopathic girl who no one understands but her self. It shows how diverse teens are at first but once you get detention with them, they might be more similar than different. Everyone is a little bit of what these 5 teens represent. And the movie is just the perfect blend of seriousness and goofiness and does it near flawless. Flawless casting with amazing dialogue to make you think and situations as well. (9.5/10)
October 13, 2016
The movie is great and tells you can't judge every person who they are by making your own assumes.
September 17, 2016
A film widely regarded as the best teen film ever, The Breakfast Club is a fun detention.
½ September 14, 2016
The Breakfast Club relies a bit too much on stereotypes to convey its message, holing the characters into very particular roles that might be more accurate at the time. As a whole though, it is a satisfying, funny, and entertaining film with a wide library of quotable lines.
September 12, 2016
Would've been fine if Judd Nelson's character weren't in the movie at all, but it's overall a charm to watch a small film with a big voice, and the performances are excellent.
September 9, 2016
I really wanted to like this movie. But I can't get over the fact that the only reason why they got all friendly, is because they were high on marijuana.
August 31, 2016
Never get tired of watching this great movie!
August 22, 2016
Hugely popular, but really hasn't aged that well compared to other 80s teen movies like Fast Times at Ridgemont High and Ferris Bueller's Day Off. The characters are thin stereotypes and the the limited character development feels forced. Still, there are some decent performances and one or two funny moments.
August 20, 2016
Bratty suburban white kids spend a Saturday in detention together whining about their miserable lives. We get the basic teen comedy characters. Estevez stars as a jock, Ringwald is the princess, Nelson as the school bully, Sheedy as the freak and let's not forget to top it off with a good nerd played here by Anthony Michael Hall. Look, I get that many consider this movie a classic but seriously let's not confuse classic with blockbuster. This movie became huge in 1985 but if you look at this movie from a critical standpoint, it's nothing exciting. It's really about nothing. Sorry but with characters so whiny and self indulged, I'd never want to spend a day with them, detention or otherwise.
½ August 19, 2016
Very relatable and engaging story. The dialogue is clever and insightful, the acting is believable, and the movie manages to do a whole lot despite being set in a library the entire time.
August 19, 2016
This movie rocks detention!
August 17, 2016
this is my fav movie of all time
it is really good
do not let ur young children watch this movie
August 16, 2016
a group of people that get to know eache other
August 15, 2016
John Hughes trouxe um ar divertido e,ao mesmo tempo dramático,The Breakfast Club junta um roteiro eficiente e sensacional a atuações fantásticas.