The Breakfast Club - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Breakfast Club Reviews

½ July 20, 2017
The Breakfast Club (1985) is about 5 high school students from different cliques who create a camaraderie while trapped in weekend detention. Thanks to fantastic young stars & a great script providing insight into the teenage brain; everything about The Breakfast Club is so real. Unlike most teen films, there's also nothing cloying about The Breakfast Club. It's commendably sincere as well as funny; it has integrity. The Breakfast Club is an intelligent film with insightful statements to make on the issues that continue to be so important for teens today. The Breakfast Club stands out as a teen film with something intelligent to say. It's an examination of teenage angst and social pressure. The Breakfast Club's simple and understated filmmaking allows the enthusiastic cast delivering the excellent script to carry the film along. It really worked; The Breakfast Club is, indisputably, one of the best teen films ever made.
July 14, 2017
One of the best 80's movie I've seen, amazing story line and amazing actors, love Judd Nelson's character, bender.
½ July 13, 2017
Great american classic about teenagers at that time. Worth watching.
½ July 13, 2017
Finally got around to watching this cult classic. Not going to keep you gripped or full of action and drama but a very interest and wise film
June 17, 2017
This movie makes me wish I was a teenager in the 80s. It's so funny and so awesome. One of the greatest movies of all time, insanely hilarious!
June 16, 2017
One of the best 80s teen coming of age films. The cast is amazing. Its super fun and it has a great soundtrack. Its a definite classic. An awesome watch.

Rating: 10/10
May 31, 2017
Smart and time breaking, "The Breakfeats Club" is one of the best movies Iīve ever seen. Even being from the 80īs the movie have a contemporaneous theme that is stereotypes, and itīs about breaking them. Not just to see, but to also think.
May 26, 2017
Yes, the characters are very stereotypical and kind of off-the-peg, but I, at least, can forgive that for one reason and one reason only. The cardboard cutouts are so well acted by the young cast. I would even say that the most of the praise for this movie that John Hughes received actually belongs to The Brat Pack. It's they who take Hughes's clichà (C)d script and make it watchable, and not nearly as jarring and annoying as it would otherwise have been.
May 22, 2017
Definitely a classic tale of teenage struggles. Amazing to watch with friends and after watching it once, you'll want to watch it 100 more times!
May 13, 2017
We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all.
½ May 8, 2017
Simply amazingly good
May 7, 2017
Has a better screenplay about teenagers even been written?

The answer is a big no. This is a masterpiece.
May 6, 2017
I absolutely loved it as a teenager. Now, it seems a tad whiny. Still, Judd Nelson with fist in air amidst Simple Minds. Hard to beat. Still love it for the nostalgia aspect.
April 27, 2017
Puts you in the shoes of the characters and makes you remember vividly being a teenager in high school.
April 23, 2017
The Breakfast Club is my favorite movie of all time. It perfectly casts a group of relatable teens and takes a deep look inside. I despise the thought of Hollywood remaking it.
April 12, 2017
the premise is very simple: 5 teenagers have to spend their saturday together in detention, and basically nothing really extraordinay or a big twist happens, but the way the movie is crafted, the way the relationship between these very different characters grow up, itīs simply marvelous.
a must watch for every teenager.
April 1, 2017
The best of the "Brat Pack" films. Still relevant to this day. Absolutely timeless.

Perfect scripting and casting.
March 20, 2017
Yea it's teenage movie that has its cheesy moments but I thoroughly enjoyed the Breakfast Club as it has some great humor and heart to it. This film was able to take all these characters and give them a sense of personality that is memorable, and yes the characters are suppose to represent the tropes and stereotypes of the categorized teenagers, but The Breakfast Club took those tropes and actually did something with them that delivers an entertaining but meaningful coming of age film.
March 12, 2017
One of the best high school movies of all time starring Molly ringwald, Anthony Michael hall, Emilio estevez, and two other people that I have no clue what their names are. This movie is one of the greats or to be called a timeless classic. And the ending is without a doubt when the guy who acts bad goes on the football field and raises his hand up, that's iconic. Even with that song the don't you forget about me song is just awesome. The arm raise is the thing that inspired a whole generation of people and effected them in the greatest way a movie can affect someone by a single gesture. I watched this movie again because of the Goldberg's, a 80s tv show and it had a huge impact on the kid Adam F Goldberg. The actors feel real and just everything in this movie is iconic. But one question, why the fudge is this movie rated r, their is noting wrong with it.
March 10, 2017
Very good movie, both likeable and dickhead characters