Bridget Jones's Diary - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bridget Jones's Diary Reviews

May 6, 2017
One of those perfect movies, where everything comes together. Script, plot, characters, actors, supporting cast, stars, cinematography, side plots, music.
May 6, 2017
Love the love triangle in this.
April 25, 2017
Colin Firth is the dreamiest.
April 13, 2017
I know I'm not the target audience for Bridget Jones's Diary, and it did take me a while to warm up to this movie, but I did end up liking it. The characters became somewhat endearing to me and the storyline ended up being slightly relatable. This isn't a movie I'd ever watch on heavy rotation, but I'm glad that I finally saw it.
½ April 13, 2017
What a classic movie! Took me all the way until 2017 to see it but it was totally worth it. Two classic leading gentleman that I grew up watching and the actress for Bridget was wonderful. Beautiful in her own way. I knew nothing about the plot and it was fun to watch it unfold. Lots of goofy, classic moments. I also have a new appreciation for the song "it's raining men!" I have to say that the ending caught me off guard but it was a very good twist. Plus what a classic moment as she runs in the snow. All in all, great movie, great fun and I would definitely watch it again!
February 28, 2017
A really simple movie, not that it will impact much of my life. Probably will not watch it again. It's not a bad movie but it's not that good either.
February 21, 2017
I'm not saying this movie is perfect, or even one of my very favourites, but it ALWAYS makes me laugh! 5 stars for comedic staying power.
February 19, 2017
I usually abhor romantic comedies but this one is just to good to not like. It's practically impossible not to cheer for Bridget Jones.
February 13, 2017
When this first came out years ago, I gave it a pass assuming it was just another generic rom com. After it got 2 sequels, I decided to give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised at how charming it was. Sure it has the typical trappings you'd expect, but it's still funny, heart-warming, and well-written. I'd recommend it if you're looking for a date movie.
February 9, 2017
An utterly genius film which is modern classic and must see for all.
February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ December 20, 2016
The relatability of Zellweger's character is refreshing, but her acting and the normality of the story will leave all but anglophiles feeling empty.
December 18, 2016
One of the best romantic comedies of all time.
December 17, 2016
I really really like this movie...definatly better than the sequels
½ December 12, 2016
It is an entirely predictable movie, but Bridget Jones's Diary succeeds because it is just so well made. The acting is terrific, the romance is great and the highlights are Zellweger's performance which is fantastic and should have brought her an Oscar and the humor which is really good and it made me laugh a lot. I knew how it would end, but it was still an enjoyable experience as it was so charming and endearing.
December 6, 2016
I know I am not the target audience for the film. It strikes me as aspirational entertainment, so it most likely plays best to people who can see themselves in Bridget Jones in some fashion. I don't. It's junk entertainment, but escapist junk can be a lot of fun ... just not for me in this case. So what did work for me? It was nice to see Hugh Grant playing outside his regular, narrow range, if only slightly. I was fitfully amused by some of it. What didn't work for me? Renée Zellweger is so forced as a British character that I can't help but wonder what was wrong with the idea of a British lead. Colin Firth is fine but doesn't appear to be trying very hard. I didn't exactly dislike it, but I'm fine with missing the sequels.
November 27, 2016
I've seen this movie so many times that I've lost count. Still, I never get bored. It manages to make me laugh every time and it always manages to get me in a better mood. This is a world-class comedy that manages to do what it's supposed to do - make you laugh and keep you entertained.
November 7, 2016
I enjoyed this way to much. Great film to watch
½ November 3, 2016
Watching films like "Bridget Jones's Diary" is like drinking a sweet, fruit-flavored cocktail. It tastes good at first, but after having a few sips it starts to get too sweet for my taste. I liked this movie overall, but there were a lot of cheesy romantic, oh-for-god's-sake moments that cynical part of me just couldn't stand. Renee Zellweger is so damn likable, and quite frankly, perfect as Bridget and I also like Firth and Grant as her main love interests. It had me smile in more than a few scenes and I liked its candid humor. It's a harmless and fun romantic comedy.
October 23, 2016
Relatable to anyone who isn't a perfectionist and has a great sense of humor about inner imperfections.