Bridget Jones's Diary - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bridget Jones's Diary Reviews

November 6, 2017
I am usually not into romantic comedies, but this one is perfect.
October 19, 2017
I feel like Glenn Close From Fatal Attraction....
½ October 9, 2017
I thought this one was mildly entertaining
September 25, 2017
Makes anyone who watches it feel like their life isn't that bad and that they've actually got their shit together.
August 29, 2017
A decent Rom-com with some very funny scenes, but sooo predictable. Not quite sure about the cult status, but quite enjoyable any how.
July 23, 2017
It's uneven and borders on melodrama, but Bridget Jones's Diary gets by on the strength of its three stars.
July 17, 2017
Great chick flick. I think every gir/womanl would feel Bridget's pain in some way or another! Anything that could go wrong for her DOES...well until the end of course!
July 17, 2017
There have been plenty of unfunny comedies I've seen over the years, and I've managed to forget them. What really annoys me about Bridget Jones's Diary is the shallowness and selfishness of the lead character, all hidden behind a cloyingly cutesy British accent and a guise of postmodern feminism. Is this how women really think? Is this how women really treat the men they love? Are modern English women really this stupid? I disliked Colin Firth's Darcy interpretation immediately in this movie, but I still thought he deserved a better fate than ending up with this trollop.
½ June 3, 2017
I saw the good ratings and Decided to watch. I was very impressed by the performance of the lead and supporting actors. Though a pretty predictable plot, this was a very well done romantic comedy with a small twist and just the right amount of humor, to the romanticism.

I honestly loved it. It was a quality movie, giving me that good feeling, as when you really love someone, like "Jerry Maguire" and "Meet Joe Black".
May 31, 2017
"Bridget Jones's Diary" is a fun time, and while it's not outrageously funny, or completely moving, it stays at a solid, cheap comedy. Renee Zellweger (Bridget Jones) does a great job in this movie, she provides most of the humour in this movie, and executes her role very well, easily the best performance in the film. I also liked Hugh Grant (Daniel Cleaver), and Colin Firth (Mark Darcy), who both created a large sense of opposition with their characters, and added a lot to the vibes this movie gave off. While nothing really happened to get me extremely into the movie, i definitely remained entertained throughout the entire thing, and nothing happened to make me want to stop watching. Another fret I have with this movie is the fact that it might have gone on just a little too long, with some of the events that happened stretching out a little longer than they should have, but it was a very minor disappointment, and did not at all ruin the movie for me. In the end, "Bridget Jones's Diary" might not be a movie I will remember for a while, but while watching it, I had a good enough time to stay entertained, and get a few chuckles out of it. "Bridget Jones's Diary" is worth watching if you're bored.
May 6, 2017
One of those perfect movies, where everything comes together. Script, plot, characters, actors, supporting cast, stars, cinematography, side plots, music.
May 6, 2017
Love the love triangle in this.
April 25, 2017
Colin Firth is the dreamiest.
April 13, 2017
I know I'm not the target audience for Bridget Jones's Diary, and it did take me a while to warm up to this movie, but I did end up liking it. The characters became somewhat endearing to me and the storyline ended up being slightly relatable. This isn't a movie I'd ever watch on heavy rotation, but I'm glad that I finally saw it.
½ April 13, 2017
What a classic movie! Took me all the way until 2017 to see it but it was totally worth it. Two classic leading gentleman that I grew up watching and the actress for Bridget was wonderful. Beautiful in her own way. I knew nothing about the plot and it was fun to watch it unfold. Lots of goofy, classic moments. I also have a new appreciation for the song "it's raining men!" I have to say that the ending caught me off guard but it was a very good twist. Plus what a classic moment as she runs in the snow. All in all, great movie, great fun and I would definitely watch it again!
February 28, 2017
A really simple movie, not that it will impact much of my life. Probably will not watch it again. It's not a bad movie but it's not that good either.
February 21, 2017
I'm not saying this movie is perfect, or even one of my very favourites, but it ALWAYS makes me laugh! 5 stars for comedic staying power.
February 19, 2017
I usually abhor romantic comedies but this one is just to good to not like. It's practically impossible not to cheer for Bridget Jones.
February 13, 2017
When this first came out years ago, I gave it a pass assuming it was just another generic rom com. After it got 2 sequels, I decided to give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised at how charming it was. Sure it has the typical trappings you'd expect, but it's still funny, heart-warming, and well-written. I'd recommend it if you're looking for a date movie.
February 9, 2017
An utterly genius film which is modern classic and must see for all.