The Bucket List - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Bucket List Reviews

½ August 15, 2017
Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson play two strangers, yin and yang of the modern world, who meet under dire circumstances and embark on a quest to live their final days as if there's no tomorrow. Which, given their diagnosis, might not be so far from the truth. It's got a good heart, but the two legendary leads don't get much script to really sink their teeth into and the trouble they find together often crosses from quaintly naive to downright unrealistic. To me, there was far more of interest in the relationship between Nicholson's grumpy, wannabe-refined old miser and his ironic, long-suffering personal assistant than between Jack and his calm, knowledgeable new travel partner. Still, it has a cute concept, some fun moments, and it moves swiftly, avoiding the typical bog-down of most films of a similar subject matter. As easygoing, feel-good and optimistic a take as you'll ever get from a movie about dying of brain cancer, it's safe, light viewing for the family audience.
July 30, 2017
Great heartwarming film!
June 23, 2017
This movie was on my list to watch. I must have had a huge expectation with two gigantic actors. The subject matter is so interesting but the movie was nothing more than a movie with two old men. It however led me to think about my own bucket list.
June 12, 2017
Cheesy at times, the bucket list is a sad but touching movie about making the most of your lift when your time becomes limited. Freeman and Nicholson are the perfect pair to play these polar opposites.
June 6, 2017
well that made me cry.
½ June 1, 2017
The Bucket List is sappy and sentimental and surprisingly sad.
½ April 26, 2017
Charming performances are just enough to rescue this cliché-filled movie from its own script. Excelent and charming from beginning to end with some chuckles in between.
January 27, 2017
We thought this was a fantastic movie; perhaps we're not as jaded or haven't seen enough tear-jerkers as the people that thought this was "schmaltzy" or unoriginal, but it was a great take on the "buddy flick", explored some interesting territory, and was funny, interesting and touching throughout. Absolutely see it!
January 6, 2017
Nice story, well served by two truly great actors.
December 8, 2016
A light hearted fun movie...could've been better but fairly enjoyable
November 21, 2016
Lazy script that relies entirely on the 2 bankable lead actors. It's watchable but could've been a lot better.
October 26, 2016
Ok, so the script is a bit "Schmaltzy" but it is genuinely good. It is a little messy and unorthodox, but so is life. The heartwarming performances and the satisfactory story line make for quite a good movie.
October 21, 2016
Was A really good movie
September 3, 2016
While its script could use a little work, The Bucket List remains an entertaining film thanks to amazing performances from Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman, the sure-handed direction of Rob Reiner and a great mix of humour and drama making this film funny, touching and even heartbreaking. A reasonably entertaining (albeit not a masterpiece) movie.
½ August 31, 2016
Why watch this movie? Freeman Nicholson are good together. For the emotional release. To allow you to think about the meaning of your life.
½ August 12, 2016
everyone should have a bucket list.
August 12, 2016
Okay this was sad but a fun movie. Jack and Morgan. Greatest acting I ever seen.
July 17, 2016
Rob Reiner pulls on the cheesy sentimental heart strings... but God bless it he does it well.
July 16, 2016
There are far more important things that can be explored from the theme rather than a one last hurrah. Especially when you have this 2 legends.