The Bucket List - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Bucket List Reviews

½ February 12, 2018
A heartwarming comedy from two screen legends.
½ January 21, 2018
While not the most noteworthy flick in either man's resume, The Bucket List has a certain charm to it that invests you. This tale of two strangers building a friendship and exploring the world is filled with moments of both a sombre nature and a joyous one, whether they're chatting in their hospital room or looking down on the world from above it. Both men put on a strong performance, and the plot grips you just enough to make you watch along, and is easy to enjoy no matter who you are or how old you are.
½ January 17, 2018
I found it all a bit too morbid and depressing. Not a bad film though
January 9, 2018
Made me think twice about life
September 25, 2017
Forgettable. No interesting story and fairly boring
½ September 23, 2017
Feel good movie. Perfect pair to take lead roles.
September 23, 2017
What a garbage movie, not only did these characters feel hollow as all shit, Morgan basically was created without a personality. I couldn't even make it all the way through the movie, the roughness of the cuts, the missed attention to detail and the terribly terrible lines in the script given to such amazing actors is just pathetic. I managed to get to the scene where they voiced over yelling before jumping from the plane. Garbage. It honestly sounded so pathetically fake without even trying to make a little bit of sense. They suffer from Cancer that will kill them in 6 months, yet are able to run around the entire planet like millionares on vacation. This movie didn't even hint at reality, and for a "tearjerker" it was more cringe then anything else. It was honestly shot like a soap opera, shot in 30 minutes with 6 cameras. None of the shots in this movie even feel the least bit alive, all locked off and at head height.
September 18, 2017
Plays it a bit too safe but enjoyable enough.
September 6, 2017
Good movie. Even amidst some formulaic storytelling and shallow portrayals of terminal illnesses, this film packs some (schmatlzy) emotional punches and delivers some smart humor with great performances from its two leads.
½ August 15, 2017
Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson play two strangers, yin and yang of the modern world, who meet under dire circumstances and embark on a quest to live their final days as if there's no tomorrow. Which, given their diagnosis, might not be so far from the truth. It's got a good heart, but the two legendary leads don't get much script to really sink their teeth into and the trouble they find together often crosses from quaintly naive to downright unrealistic. To me, there was far more of interest in the relationship between Nicholson's grumpy, wannabe-refined old miser and his ironic, long-suffering personal assistant than between Jack and his calm, knowledgeable new travel partner. Still, it has a cute concept, some fun moments, and it moves swiftly, avoiding the typical bog-down of most films of a similar subject matter. As easygoing, feel-good and optimistic a take as you'll ever get from a movie about dying of brain cancer, it's safe, light viewing for the family audience.
July 30, 2017
Great heartwarming film!
June 23, 2017
This movie was on my list to watch. I must have had a huge expectation with two gigantic actors. The subject matter is so interesting but the movie was nothing more than a movie with two old men. It however led me to think about my own bucket list.
June 12, 2017
Cheesy at times, the bucket list is a sad but touching movie about making the most of your lift when your time becomes limited. Freeman and Nicholson are the perfect pair to play these polar opposites.
June 6, 2017
well that made me cry.
½ June 1, 2017
The Bucket List is sappy and sentimental and surprisingly sad.
½ April 26, 2017
Charming performances are just enough to rescue this cliché-filled movie from its own script. Excelent and charming from beginning to end with some chuckles in between.
January 27, 2017
We thought this was a fantastic movie; perhaps we're not as jaded or haven't seen enough tear-jerkers as the people that thought this was "schmaltzy" or unoriginal, but it was a great take on the "buddy flick", explored some interesting territory, and was funny, interesting and touching throughout. Absolutely see it!
January 6, 2017
Nice story, well served by two truly great actors.
December 8, 2016
A light hearted fun movie...could've been better but fairly enjoyable
November 21, 2016
Lazy script that relies entirely on the 2 bankable lead actors. It's watchable but could've been a lot better.