The Bucket List - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Bucket List Reviews

June 23, 2017
This movie was on my list to watch. I must have had a huge expectation with two gigantic actors. The subject matter is so interesting but the movie was nothing more than a movie with two old men. It however led me to think about my own bucket list.
June 12, 2017
Cheesy at times, the bucket list is a sad but touching movie about making the most of your lift when your time becomes limited. Freeman and Nicholson are the perfect pair to play these polar opposites.
June 6, 2017
well that made me cry.
½ June 1, 2017
The Bucket List is sappy and sentimental and surprisingly sad.
½ April 26, 2017
Charming performances are just enough to rescue this cliché-filled movie from its own script. Excelent and charming from beginning to end with some chuckles in between.
January 27, 2017
We thought this was a fantastic movie; perhaps we're not as jaded or haven't seen enough tear-jerkers as the people that thought this was "schmaltzy" or unoriginal, but it was a great take on the "buddy flick", explored some interesting territory, and was funny, interesting and touching throughout. Absolutely see it!
January 6, 2017
Nice story, well served by two truly great actors.
December 8, 2016
A light hearted fun movie...could've been better but fairly enjoyable
November 21, 2016
Lazy script that relies entirely on the 2 bankable lead actors. It's watchable but could've been a lot better.
October 26, 2016
Ok, so the script is a bit "Schmaltzy" but it is genuinely good. It is a little messy and unorthodox, but so is life. The heartwarming performances and the satisfactory story line make for quite a good movie.
October 21, 2016
Was A really good movie
September 3, 2016
While its script could use a little work, The Bucket List remains an entertaining film thanks to amazing performances from Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman, the sure-handed direction of Rob Reiner and a great mix of humour and drama making this film funny, touching and even heartbreaking. A reasonably entertaining (albeit not a masterpiece) movie.
½ August 31, 2016
Why watch this movie? Freeman Nicholson are good together. For the emotional release. To allow you to think about the meaning of your life.
½ August 12, 2016
everyone should have a bucket list.
August 12, 2016
Okay this was sad but a fun movie. Jack and Morgan. Greatest acting I ever seen.
July 17, 2016
Rob Reiner pulls on the cheesy sentimental heart strings... but God bless it he does it well.
July 16, 2016
There are far more important things that can be explored from the theme rather than a one last hurrah. Especially when you have this 2 legends.
July 7, 2016
Would love to see this two legends share screen on a movie. But as 2 terminal cancer patients go rampage for one last hurrah is just not it.
June 27, 2016
During their stay in the hospital, Carter (Morgan Freeman) begins The Bucket List which is a list of everything he wants to do before he dies.  Carter tosses the list; Edward (Jack Nicholson) finds the list and adds to it.  And since they're both about to die, Edward, with a vast amount of wealth, finances their list.  There are some laughs along the way.  This is not a rolling in the aisles kind of film.  The funniest part (and I'm sure I'm not the only one who though so) was when Carter divulges the truth about Edward's favorite coffee.  That was hilarious.  Sean Hayes is great as Thomas/Tom/Tommy (aka "Matthew sounded too biblical").  I think though if you go see this you shouldn't expect to leave the theater dry eyed.  The beginning is quite depressing too.  This wasn't the greatest movie in the world nor the worst.  It's good for what it is.