Carrie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Carrie Reviews

September 18, 2016
I still haven't decided if it's a good thing or not that this film hardly strayed from the original at all, but instead, bought it into the modern world in both the story and in the technology they used to make it. I enjoyed it anyway, some pretty good performances.
September 3, 2016
As most of remakes these days, it feels really unncessary, even with its cast including talents like Julianne Moore and Chloe Grace Moretz.
August 7, 2016
Let The Silence Fall By LiveWihtStyle
July 25, 2016
This is a bad original, Not Scary, Just a place of my boredom.
It was shocking, Not Nice, Hellish, Crude, Stupid, Unpredictable and sad.
I don't know why directors have the ability to seek in a movie with an original saying it does well, It's Completely unnecessary.
Not Good Soundtrack and Awful Script.
Chloe Grace Mortez's acting in other movies are way and far off better than what she did in this. Julianne moore is played by the Bitch nut job mom that Sadly she does well in, This is worse than Total Recall, Now I hate Remakes.

Score: 3.5/10
July 17, 2016
The centerpiece of Stephen King's groundbreaking novel is the iconic prom massacre... which gets about 90 seconds of screen time in this tepid remake that gave me cinematic blue balls.
July 11, 2016
Moretz is a beautiful and talented young actress and she does fantastic as the title role but her appearance doesn't really fit her characters' description. Carrie White is suppose to be unattractive,overweight and socially awkward and Moretz is the exact opposite of all those things. That being said she and the rest of the cast are great and to me is probably the best remake to date.
½ July 2, 2016
Being a decent remake it doesn't neccesary add anything new from Brian De Palma's classic but it does have a great reimagining of the original and has actors that get really into their charcter and ChloŽ Grace Moretz's beautiful performance causes to balance the film with enough of the information and foreshadowing to causes a lot of emotion for the climax and falling action.
June 22, 2016
This was a decent adaptation to Stephen King's novel (where the story comes from). While it does not touch on important plot points in the novel, it still is effective in its story of an outsider girl with special powers. It was nice to see the film explore more into Carrie realizing her powers than the original one. Also, Moretz is actually a teenager (like Carrie) in this film. In the previous version, Sissy Spacek was in her mid-20s when she shot the film. Not the best Stephen King adaptation and only a decent re-make.
June 21, 2016
Terrible ....terrible...Not developed into a good story
June 21, 2016
Pretty good movie. As good or better than the original!
June 16, 2016
One of the best remakes out there
½ June 1, 2016
A unneeded remake that doesn't add anything to the original, making you feel like you're watching the same movie all over again- only less so. Carrie comes off as a Jedi from Star Wars, and her powers are less interesting. The climax is rushed and has too much spectacle to it, which really dumbs it down. The ending isn't as exciting or spooky as the original.
May 16, 2016
I loved this movie. It lived up to the original with great special effects great movie! Should make a sequel.
½ May 16, 2016
I have now seen all 3 versions of this movie and, by FAR, this was the absolute WORST! The actress tried too hard (and failed, btw) to recreate the original "Carrie" as portrayed by Ms Spacik. Horrible version! PAY YOURSELF to miss this one!
½ April 25, 2016
Remake of the 1976 movie, this time ChloŽ Grace Moretz portrays the ever famous insecured yet delicate character, Carrie. I haven't seen the classic film for a long time and I saw it when I was a kid. The movie reminded me of not to mess with girls like her! The power that Carrie possesses seems to be explored a little bit more in this film and we also get to see more of Carrie's characteristics. Perhaps they wanted this movie to be more of a exploration of the essential elements of the story such as the so-called telekinesis and Carrie herself. The story starts off in a quite demented way, if you ask me. I thought Julianne Moore performed well. I thought everybody did but some scenes where every single student is making fun of Carrie seems quite exaggerated unless there is a school that actually has students like that, I'll take back what I said. Other than that, the movie simply shows how a timid teenager becomes this powerful being that brings chaos and destruction on everything because supposedly being tricked by the idiot teenagers. And that's what I think is the moral of the story in this movie. Teenagers becoming bullies, even without apparent reason to target the weak and it has been like that ever since, I would know. I've been on both sides and it's not a pretty thing at all. But I'm not going to rant on about the concept of bullying but rather this movie is actually pretty good. I thought it would just be another mediocre remake of a classic horror movie that's already established to be THE classic movie nevertheless but I thought it was not that bad at all. There were a few flaws I've found in the movie but they're not much of a problem like any other movie that I've reviewed before. One of them was the idea that Sue's boyfriend didn't tell Carrie that he's doing it out of "charity". More specifically, to just do it because Sue suggested that Carrie deserves a "magical night" at the prom. While it's good and all to have that kind of consideration but they lack the tendency to actually be in Carrie's shoes, in her perspective. The generosity was too much for my taste but then again, it is a horror movie after all. No matter how much I yell at the screen (which I didn't by the way), they're not gonna actually listen to me. What happens, happens and it is to be expected anyhow. The CGI effects are good enough, believable. The part where Carrie learns more about her power was interesting. 2013 movie version of Carrie is another movie to enjoy watching. Especially if you're a horror movie buff, this is something to not miss out on for. But then again, it's okay to miss out on for anyways. It's not recommended but it is suggested. Good movie, ChloŽ Grace Moretz was awesome, and Judy Greer survived another chaotic moment.
½ April 21, 2016
This did not need to be made, but since I never saw the original movie I enjoyed this movie. It was a good revenge story and was very well acted.
½ April 11, 2016
Another failed attempt to remake a masterpiece.
April 11, 2016
This film doesn't deserve a 49% ChloŽ Grace Moretz and Julianne Moore did a great job
½ April 4, 2016
Not as good as the original, the original I felt like you didn't need to have read the book to understand. This one I felt like you really needed to have read the book to know what was going on.