Carry On Cowboy Reviews

• Jul 28, 2017

Typical Carry On film although maybe slightly better than most. It gave me a few laughs, but I must admit I was wishing it to end 3/4 of the way through. Not bad though.

• Mar 04, 2016

One of the best carry-on films I've seen. Sid James is firmly estabilishing himself as an ever-present from this point on and Kenneth Williams shows that he does have more strings to his bow that what I've seen before. Charles Hawtree is hilarious and the whole film is pretty funny too.

• Dec 25, 2015

I thought this Carry On was great! Preceding Blazing Saddles by a number of years, this film skewers a lot of cowboy movie cliches. Sidney James is always great, but it's Kenneth Williams who totally steals the show here.

• Sep 29, 2015

We all got big ones down there. Stodge City is taken over by a ruthless and heartless outlaw named Rumpo Kid. He anoints himself sheriff and has his own unique way of managing the law. A US Marshall is sent to deal with Rumpo Kid's unorthodox ways. The daughter of the man Rumpo Kid killed to become sheriff. Things are about to get interesting. "My intimate friends call me ding dong." Gerald Thomas, director of The Second Victory, Carry on Columbus, Roommates, Beware of the Children, Chain of Events, and Circus Friends, delivers Carry on Cowboys. The storyline for this picture is very fun and parody funny in a Mel Brooks way. The acting is solid and the cast includes Sidney James, Jim Dale, Bernard Bresslaw, and Percy Herbert. "Cowgirl? If I called you that I'd only be half right." I came across this recently on Netflix and thought it would be an interesting film to add to the wish list. It was fun and a well done western parody and the action and script is solid. I recommend seeing this movie if you're a fan of the western genre. "I'm your little ding dong." Grade: B-

• Mar 17, 2015

takes a swing at western clichés.

takes a swing at western clichés.

• Aug 25, 2014

This Carry On relies far too much on the series' returning jokes and fails to make an amusing tale from the western influence.

• Jul 10, 2014

Just didn't have the laughs.

Just didn't have the laughs.

• Jamie C Super Reviewer
    Dec 23, 2012

A just under average Carry On film, different from most of the others, Starts slow but gets pretty funny but not the kind of humour these films usually bring.

• Jan 08, 2011