Casa de mi padre Reviews

• Mar 07, 2019

OK, I teach Spanish, so I may be biased from a language teacher's perspective, but I think this movie is really funny. I could watch it over and over. Five stars!

• Jan 12, 2019

The people who dont like the movie are people who canï¿ 1/2(TM)t relate to it on a cultural level and therefore cannot assess it appropriately.

• Sep 01, 2018

This film is brilliant! So cheesy, smart and funny. Bravo

This film is brilliant! So cheesy, smart and funny. Bravo

• Jun 18, 2018

When is Will Ferrell going to get credit for being the genius he is? While Casa de mi Padre is certainly no Gone with the Wind or even Anchorman, it is a brilliant experiment that was much funnier than I had been led to believe. Will's lily white ass amongst his supposed Hispanic family, fake white tigers, intentionally poor edits, telenovela drama, all done in Spanish...comic genius. As Roger Ebert once said, if you didn't get this movie, it says more about you than the film itself.

• Apr 04, 2018

Cheezy unrealistics pieces such as the background painted set, the white cat, the double take for Armando to go back to his dying father.The camera crew in focus through the bad American cop's reflective glasses. The mannequins. The tiger scene after Armando was shot. The colorful nonsensical montage that was Armando's vision. All part of the satire humor of this movie. The overt sterotypical Spanish style drama, that is set up then easily crashed such as when Raul turned off the radio when Armando walked in after shot. The bullet casings dropped when Raul and the army bolster up for the fight. Camera pans into the faces provide the drama giving the focus to the dead pan stares of the opponents. Parental guide: Many unrealistic but still gory and violent scenes. Sensual swimming into sex scene. Some cussing throughout.

• Aug 23, 2017

Fallido experimento.

Fallido experimento.

• Jul 24, 2017

A strange artistic choice for Will Ferrell, even as a parody of old timey Mexican soap operas. While not very funny, it's oddly captivating in it's own casual way.

• Jun 24, 2017

....WARNING YOU HAVE GOT TO WATCH THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE AS SOMETHING HAPPENES AT THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE........

• Apr 17, 2017

CULT CLASSIC!! If you don't like it you don't get classic Norteño Mexican movies/novelas so move along kind sirs/ma'ams!! Forever a fan.

• Oct 04, 2016