Case 39 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Case 39 Reviews

½ June 3, 2016
Was led to believe I could expect great things from Case 39. In my two experiences watching it, the first involved me falling asleep, and today (the second) had me checking my watch constantly. It's not even that long. It just drags. The Hell. On.
May 22, 2016
Always thought Zellweger was hot. Oh yeah, the movie. Well, it's ok. Got my step-daughter and I jumping at times so that was good. Evil little kids are fun. This was a good Saturday night horror for us. Worth a one watch.
May 22, 2016
I genuinely don't get the bad reviews by the critics. In a time when we are submerged with crap teen horror flicks and even crapper zombie flicks, this is a little beacon of light. "Not original" is the general complaint. Well, please tell me what is original about teen horror and zombie flicks?
May 21, 2016
i really wish rotten tomatoes were reviewed themselves. as there ratings are rubbish,this was a great film
February 17, 2016
Here's Zellweger, looking more constipated than ever, as a social worker who takes on a little girl seemingly being abused by her folks. Of course, all is not as it seems and the usual horror tropes follow suit. There is a half decent atmosphere for a while, but it soon takes a trip down ridiculous road.
January 30, 2016
A day in the life of a social worker, Delusional at best....,...
January 17, 2016
Started off reasonably but soon fades into tiresome horror hokum. The two 'star' leads seem to be treading water in this predictable fare.
November 23, 2015
Not as bad as critics say. Plot is OK but fairly predictable. The little girl switches well between sweet and creepy. The film is derivative but coming up with completely original material is a challenge now with so much preceding it.
½ September 16, 2015
I wanted to like this one a bit more, but it's honestly just too predictable to really give it a pass. I always like seeing Jodelle Ferland in movies, as she seems to gravitate towards the horror genre, but even her typically creepy kid acting couldn't elevate this thing beyond exactly what you expect to happen.

Rental.
July 28, 2015
Top five horror movies of all time! Great mind bang thriller! Must see! It'll make your jaw drop again... and again... and than at the end again. You have to pay attention to the movie, and watch it again after you discover what it's all about. It'll be completely different.
May 31, 2015
I love this film it is my favourite I like jodelle ferland and Renee zellweger
May 5, 2015
Bridget Jones battles a demon child. That's actually a far more exciting description of this, unfortunately the actual film fails in pretty much every area to be anything other than distinctly average. Avoid unless you literally have nothing else to watch.
½ April 26, 2015
The strangely enticing opportunity to see comedic actress Renée Zellwegger as the stressed and confused foster parent of a contemporary Omen child cant save the disappointment that is met upon finishing the film. Unfortunately, Case 39 just isn't very memorable whatsoever. Alot of the scenes featured in the picture such as the repetetive circling on an office chair by the demonic child become quite grating and annoying. Whilst the film does have its fair share of genuinely intriguing twists and turns (the Hornets scene for example) and the performance by the young Jodelle Ferland is gripping enough to attain our attention throughout the duration, the film is generally a letdown.
½ April 25, 2015
Teaming Renà (C)e Zellweger with German Director Christian Alvart (Antibodies) sounds good but this is load of old tosh! ð~>
April 15, 2015
Starts out as a completely different movie than what I expected to end as.
April 7, 2015
While Renee Zellweger and Jodelle Ferland give great performances. Case 39 wastes their efforts, Not to mention Director Christian Alvert's firm hand at directing, on a flat and uninspired plot that ultimately breaks down in the end.
½ March 9, 2015
It exists breaks no new ground and adds nothing new to the horror genre. What you call average all round. I wouldn't recommend not watching it just switch the brain off and don't expect a masterpiece
February 26, 2015
Not complete and utter pig spunk but a really forgettable and predictable horror. It has one really chilling moment in the crèche when the child whispers in the black kid's ear. From then on in it is just a case of counting down the running time. Climax is wank as well.
½ January 27, 2015
Goodness. Or actually NOT. Pure evil. I was thinking this is a family-social services drama and it turns out to be a story in need of an exorcist! I was actually spooked on my couch! And I still do not like Renee Zellweger, but Bradley Cooper is growing on me and Ian McShane, good old Lovejoy is always enjoyable to watch!