Case 39 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Case 39 Reviews

½ November 25, 2016
Despite common critic reviews, I believe Case 39 was excellent; the directing is decent, the acting is good, and the suspense level remains throughout the movie.
½ November 4, 2016
Just do your job! Don't think above that like you can be a saviour!

It looked like some kind of thriller, that's what anybody would say if they read the title correctly. The story was suspense, well developed to keep that for a very long time. Though it had no major twist, just a revelation like clarifying our doubts. Because most of the storyline seems alike 'Orphan', the film that came just months before this one. But this is a horror theme, I mean real horror, not a terror-horror like 'Orphan'. The overall story relied on one big secret that revealed at some time in the final act.

I have seen many films about the child abuse, and this one set in as a same kind of theme, but takes a turn during the end of the first act. So when a social worker, Emily, finds a ten year old Lilith was abused by her own parents, she takes her away from them, followed by theirs arrest. Later, Emily adopts Lilith, but soon finds some strange events around her circle. That leads to suspect Lilith, but could not prove anything. Finding the truth becomes her first priority, but how she's going to solve it is what leads us to the conclusion part.

I haven't seen Renee Zellweger in any recent films, she looked so good in this. Jodelle Ferland too was good as a little girl, the most important role in the film. But Bradley Cooper was in a small part. I think it was a decent film, but not a fresh theme, except developed differently with a new cast. If you are a big horror film fan, you might disappoint with it. Because those parts were minimised and the suspense was maximised. Yet surely most of us can easily predict many scenes, event the ending. So I conclude my review saying it is a decent watch.

6.5/10
October 28, 2016
best horror movie ever
October 27, 2016
Fun little ride if you don't think about historical context too much.
October 17, 2016
todo se resuelve más fácil con un exorcismo
½ June 3, 2016
Was led to believe I could expect great things from Case 39. In my two experiences watching it, the first involved me falling asleep, and today (the second) had me checking my watch constantly. It's not even that long. It just drags. The Hell. On.
May 22, 2016
Always thought Zellweger was hot. Oh yeah, the movie. Well, it's ok. Got my step-daughter and I jumping at times so that was good. Evil little kids are fun. This was a good Saturday night horror for us. Worth a one watch.
May 22, 2016
I genuinely don't get the bad reviews by the critics. In a time when we are submerged with crap teen horror flicks and even crapper zombie flicks, this is a little beacon of light. "Not original" is the general complaint. Well, please tell me what is original about teen horror and zombie flicks?
May 21, 2016
i really wish rotten tomatoes were reviewed themselves. as there ratings are rubbish,this was a great film
February 17, 2016
Here's Zellweger, looking more constipated than ever, as a social worker who takes on a little girl seemingly being abused by her folks. Of course, all is not as it seems and the usual horror tropes follow suit. There is a half decent atmosphere for a while, but it soon takes a trip down ridiculous road.
January 30, 2016
A day in the life of a social worker, Delusional at best....,...
January 17, 2016
Started off reasonably but soon fades into tiresome horror hokum. The two 'star' leads seem to be treading water in this predictable fare.
November 23, 2015
Not as bad as critics say. Plot is OK but fairly predictable. The little girl switches well between sweet and creepy. The film is derivative but coming up with completely original material is a challenge now with so much preceding it.
½ September 16, 2015
I wanted to like this one a bit more, but it's honestly just too predictable to really give it a pass. I always like seeing Jodelle Ferland in movies, as she seems to gravitate towards the horror genre, but even her typically creepy kid acting couldn't elevate this thing beyond exactly what you expect to happen.

Rental.
July 28, 2015
Top five horror movies of all time! Great mind bang thriller! Must see! It'll make your jaw drop again... and again... and than at the end again. You have to pay attention to the movie, and watch it again after you discover what it's all about. It'll be completely different.
May 31, 2015
I love this film it is my favourite I like jodelle ferland and Renee zellweger
May 5, 2015
Bridget Jones battles a demon child. That's actually a far more exciting description of this, unfortunately the actual film fails in pretty much every area to be anything other than distinctly average. Avoid unless you literally have nothing else to watch.
½ April 26, 2015
The strangely enticing opportunity to see comedic actress Renée Zellwegger as the stressed and confused foster parent of a contemporary Omen child cant save the disappointment that is met upon finishing the film. Unfortunately, Case 39 just isn't very memorable whatsoever. Alot of the scenes featured in the picture such as the repetetive circling on an office chair by the demonic child become quite grating and annoying. Whilst the film does have its fair share of genuinely intriguing twists and turns (the Hornets scene for example) and the performance by the young Jodelle Ferland is gripping enough to attain our attention throughout the duration, the film is generally a letdown.
½ April 25, 2015
Teaming Renà (C)e Zellweger with German Director Christian Alvart (Antibodies) sounds good but this is load of old tosh! ð~>
April 15, 2015
Starts out as a completely different movie than what I expected to end as.