Stephen King's 'Cat's Eye' - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Stephen King's 'Cat's Eye' Reviews

June 15, 2016
An anthology film of three Stephen King stories (two adapted from stories in the "Night Shift" collection and one written for the film) rather tenuously tied together by the presence of a cat. The tone of the film is established rather early when the cat is chased by Cujo and almost run over by Christine during the opening credits. This film is very light in tone ... too light. The two stories based on previous material have their highlights ... James Woods is good in the first one ... but they are far too comic in tone to generate any suspense. The original story with Drew Barrymore and the cat fighting off a troll is just awful. This really just isn't worth investing any time in.
May 2, 2016
A series of suspenseful but not scary tales from Stephen King. This one has a cat who roams around while these stories are told.
½ April 15, 2016
a very short anthology film but an original piece of work by Stephen King himself
all 3 stories center around a cat that goes from place to place witnessing one horrific event to the next
the first story is about what happens to a smoker when he ignores quitting more than he should, the second story involves the consequences of adultery as well as greed, and the final story is the dangers of a small child's imagination
Drew Barrymore at a young age actually makes quite a few appearances in all of them
the last story in my opinion is the most imaginative cause it feels very Speilberg-ish with a monstrous troll
plus there are a lot of nods to his previous works and it clearly shows
a timekiller of a movie
March 20, 2016
James woods is fantastic and the 3 stories blend together fairly successfully. An original and often humorous film, and the best Stephen King film behind the shining, misery and Carrie
½ February 6, 2016
Very good, only thing I have enjoyed her in.
December 30, 2015
3 tails and a star 4 each one
½ September 25, 2015
Pretty fun little anthology. I love all the little Stephen King references in it.
September 24, 2015
another film I've only caught bits of
July 29, 2015
Very Good Movie This is In My Category cause I Love Dogs and Cats I Love Animals
July 17, 2015
I thought it would be better slow moving to me
½ July 10, 2015
Cats Eye is a pretty good Stephen King anthology film that incorporates several visual nods to his other films/book. There are three stories that make up the film all being tied together with the cat.
The 1st story is Quitters Inc. it deals with a guy that goes to a company that specializes in helping you kick the habit of smoking. To say they have extreme measures of getting you to quit is a understatement. Very good story here.
The 2nd story is the weakest of the bunch and really not that interesting compared to the other two. It's called The Ledge and deals with a mobster who gets revenge on a guy who is sleeping with his wife. However, the tables end up turning on the mobster. It's interesting to note that the 1st two stories come from Kings book, Night Shift while the third was written for the film.
Which is called General and it's the best of the three. It involves the cat, a killer troll and a little girl. Very similar to the Trilogy Of Terror episode Amelia with the Zulu Warrior doll that comes to life. The troll itself is a lot of fun to watch as it fights with the cat and the little girl.
Over all the film is pretty entertaining and lends itself to repeat viewing. Look for all the Stephen Book/film references through out the movie. Some are obvious and some are hidden.
½ June 17, 2015
This is composed of three novels. The first two are standard Stephen King writings, and the last one is somewhat children oriented (especially its score). Nice to see it once, but I don't think I'll want to re-watch it later.
½ April 1, 2015
This was fun to see again. 3 stories, the first one, with James Woods trying to quit his smoking habit is the best (who knew Alan King could be so menacing?) while the other two are so so. The last one is certainly something we've seen before, lots. And the second is something we haven't, but really does seem out of place (and is almost a "horror/suspense" version of the Harold Lloyd classic "Safety Last".
January 21, 2015
Worth 5 stars just for James Woods brilliant performance.
October 23, 2014
Pretty decent collection of Stephen King short stories in which only one has a supernatural angle. My favorite involves a pet cat protecting a girl from the miniature monster hidden in her room
½ August 17, 2014
Some of King's better short stories still stand up in this film, even if the cat's story piecing them together is weak.
½ August 17, 2014
Stephen King is always great as horror film writer or source, but "Cat's Eye" is not his best and even almost not scary. Two thing is good in this film : The cat is gorgeous and first story is eerie.
July 26, 2014
Stephen King Presents This Uneven But Entertaining Trilogy Of Short Stories Seamlessly Linked Together By A Cat. All Three Stories Are Greatly Written By One Of The Masters Of Horror. This Film Has Great Performances From Both James Woods & Drew Barrymore. However This Is An Average, Decent And Enjoyable Horror Film However. Although The Stories May Be Well Written But The Script Is Terrible In Some Places. Director Lewis Teague Does A Solid But Average Job But Does Do His Best With What Is Provided.
July 18, 2014
Cat's Eye (OR - Stephen King's Cat's Eye) - thriller film directed by Lewis Teague, and script written by Stephen King. An anthology film that borrows three stories to correlate with each other, namely 'Quitters Inc.'/The Ledge/General. Starring James Woods and Drew Barrymore (as a kid).

Quitters Inc. - Film begins with cat chased by the dog. She jumps onto a delivery-truck and arrives in New York City - here she imagines a dummy in the display turning into a kid-girl asking for help.

Soon we see the cat captured and taken by the Quitters Inc. James Woods a chain-smoker visits Quitters Inc. as recommended by his buddy to help him quit smoking. The doctor shocks him by telling that everytime he draws out his cigarette, he (Dr.) would target his wife and kid - later he is given a demo to see, in which the Cat (captured earlier) is given minor electronic shots.

The Ledge - The Cat arrives in Atlanta, where she is picked up by greedy casino-owner (who's fond of gambling). He abducts a tennis-player with whom his wife is having intimate relations. He asks the man to go around in circumference of the penthouse building, on his top-floor over the exterior-edge-not only he would pardon him but also let him have his wife.

General: Finally the cat arrives in secluded town, where she finds the little girl (Drew Barrymore) who was asking for the help. She notices tiny monster creature hopping inside her house, to harm her. The girl's parents do everything to keep the cat out from releasing disease or whatsoever.

I would never call this as a horror film, instead it falls in the category of 'fantasy' and 'thriller'. Apart from the final part (General)-which contained mediocre special-effects and laughable lighting inside the house; the rest of the two of the opening parts simply did everything for me, both in terms of sustaining satiric dialogues and scene while also scaring the crap out of you.
½ May 9, 2014
Its nothing like I expected it to be but It's damn hilarious.