Change of Habit Reviews

• Oct 08, 2020

This movie made no sense other than to give celebrities more movies they can pad their resume with. And they didn't need it they all did fine work elsewhere. How is borrowing money with the intention of not paying it back or declaring all debts to another paid in full Catholic? It is theft. Finding a way for people to pay back the loan or a safe place to borrow money from would have been social justice. Helping those testify against the people beating up others would be Catholic. I know Mary Tyler Moore was Catholic but it just seemed to be church bashing to me. Illustrated how the boomers entered the church to change it and then left it anyway.

• Jan 31, 2020

I just love it. This movie has many perspectives for everybody to think twice about many things in life. Elvis is a wonderful actor as always. I've watched it many times and I like it more every time.

• Dec 16, 2018

Critics are usually silly with their reviews, this movie was made in the 1960s. It's a good, solid movie. It's not a "singing" movie as so many Presley movies are. There is a good movie here, good acting. Not sure why there is so much animosity toward this movie. I guess everyone is simply so used to the 21st century high-tech movie making. A good movie is a good movie, no matter the time. You want to see a GOOD moving, give this one a try.

• Nov 28, 2017

Change of Habit was Elvis Presley's last movie. It was also one of his best. The movie reflected on what society was like in the 1960's with serious tones facing everything from racism, sexist, and a change teh catholic church was going through as they were attempting to modernize.

• Aug 25, 2017

This movie counters so many of his typical Romance films. Great acting and songs! Wish we had more movies from the King!

• Jul 25, 2015

What a waste of talent. I just can't help but be shocked at how insincere this movie was; especially in 1969, a year full of sincere and brutally honest cinema- Easy Rider, Midnight Cowboy, They Shoot Horses Don't They?, Z and Kes to name a few. Instead, we get a tepid film about three women who have actively disengaged from the society they're now trying to reenter undercover and somehow fix. I know this is my cynicism talking but the last thing anybody wanted to hear in '69 was a sermon about we should try harder to be better within the confines of whims forced upon us by a group of people who sit in ivory towers. That is the literal antithesis of the year 1969. The movie tries to be optimistic but it fails because we're just past this sort of bandaid patches over the gaping maw of social wounds. That said, Elvis looks gorgeous in this movie and with Mary Tyler Moore they have taken over the world. Too bad the movie falls flat.

• Jul 18, 2015

Not bad, watchable, time passes quickly. It was great to see Elvis in a more serious movie but it also has some ridiculous and/or funny scenes- intentionally i hope!

• Feb 25, 2015

Surprisingly well done movie. Elvis plays a doctor in the inner city very believably and the supporting cast all mixes well together. An Elvis movie that is inspiring? You bet. Go back in time to 1969 and feel the optimism that spread to a well established rocker and mainstream actress. Solid film that'll make you smile.

• Dec 04, 2014

I thought that was one of his worst movies

I thought that was one of his worst movies

• May 19, 2013

Change of Habit is a decent film. It is about Dr. John Carpenter who helps the economically disadvantaged in an inner-city medical clinic. Elvis Presley and Mary Tyler Moore give good performances. The screenplay is okay but a little slow in place. William A. Graham did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture but not one of my favorites.