Chappaquiddick Reviews

• Jul 05, 2020

This movie's slickly made with excellent performances, but such a sober, unexcited depiction of the events, it doesn't reveal more than the facts already known.

• Jun 17, 2020

This movie was fine. It served its purpose in telling the story it wanted to tell, but it didn't really bring up any new perspectives or change minds on any preconceived notions of what happened. Its a way to pass the afternoon, especially if you, like me, have a mother obsessed with the Kennedys. If you thought this looked interesting, or if you don't already know the story, you'll probably enjoy it.

• Jun 04, 2020

Its not that anyone does anything wrong with the film (outside of some historical inaccuracies) but Chappaquiddick is such a disturbing and revolting topic that there is no reason to dramatize it. The way Teddy got away with this makes me sick but there wasn't enough to the story to make this film.

• May 20, 2020

I rather enjoyed 'Chappaquiddick'. I wasn't actually aware of the real life situation before now, my American political knowledge doesn't delve too deep to be honest; so therefore I have no idea how much of it is accurate, I'm sure it's mostly opinion vs. opinion as always with these type of productions. What I can say, though, is that it's a pretty good film. Jason Clarke is impressive as Ted Kennedy, my opinions of Clarke differ based on a few performances but this is one of the best I've seen from him. I connected to his character, his delivery is spot on throughout. Ed Helms, who it's pleasing to see something different from, works well in the role of Joe, but Jim Gaffigan (Paul) feels a little out of place in a couple of scenes. It would've been nice if the rest of the cast were more memorable, only Clancy Brown's Robert instantly springs to mind. Loved the cinematography thoroughly, the dialogue is strong while it captures the gravity of events impeccably. It's a film that is certainly worth your time.

• Apr 13, 2020

Chappaquiddick ~another Kennedy Accident?

Chappaquiddick ~another Kennedy Accident?

• Apr 07, 2020

Well done movie of Ted Kennedy's involvement in, and cover up of, a young woman's death. Certainly not a flattering account of the U.S. Senator's actions and choices. I guess money CAN buy silence and a political career.

• Feb 27, 2020

Piercing the veil of perfection that the Kennedy dynasty had established (and largely maintained), Chappaquiddick is most powerful as an exploration of the amorality that takes hold in the face of fear and greed, which is only capitalized and further motivated by status. (4/5)

• Oct 20, 2019

So shocking and revealing - acting was excellen

So shocking and revealing - acting was excellen

• Oct 06, 2019

Well acted, well directed, and smartly written documentary that objectively looks at one of American political history's most divisive senators and his controversial night on that bridge. 7/10

• Aug 27, 2019

It was an interesting story and worth a rental.

It was an interesting story and worth a rental.