Chef Reviews

• Mar 28, 2021

Allot better than I thought it would be. It's a learning and growth story.

Allot better than I thought it would be. It's a learning and growth story.

• Mar 03, 2021

Entertaining and heartwarming for sure. I really liked the characters and the music. I'd be lying if I said I didn't wish Carl Casper was a real person, just so I could eat his food. The main reason I didn't give this a higher rating was because I really didn't laugh at all, and the pacing wasn't nearly as great as it could have been.

• Feb 24, 2021

This movie is actually great! so simple! makes me hungry as well haha. The cast is great and its funny.

• Feb 15, 2021

FINALLY got around to watching Jon Favreau's Chef, and if it doesn't make you fall in love with food and/or bring a tear to your eye by the end then you possibly might not have a soul.

• Jan 25, 2021

You can tell it's a passion project from Jon Favreau, and the overall message is great. The movie will inspire you.

• Jan 20, 2021

This is a wonderful and heartwarming film, but don't watch it while you're hungry. The attention to detail, especially in terms of the foods and recipes used throughout the movie, is frankly impressive and shows that the creative team are food lovers themselves. It's got a few cringy bits and a somewhat unrealistic ending, but the father-son dynamic is executed wonderfully. The soundtrack is phenomenal and rounds out the whole film into a nearly flawless feel-good road trip movie.

• Jan 17, 2021

You cannot help but finish this movie feeling good. Have some popcorn on hand because the food looks amazing in it

• Jan 14, 2021

I love seeing this movie, maybe because I use to work in a fancy restaurant before and I know how Food critics can rip you to shred with the minimum flaw. I loved how he work so hard for his happiness and at the end it was all for him NOT that food critic. It's definitely a feel good movie!!

• Jan 03, 2021

Chef is such a cool movie. There's really not another modern independent food movie like it. Exceptional work and passion from Jon Favreau.

• Dec 29, 2020

Reminder of how terrible of an actor Sofia Vergara is. Favreau threw everybody at this flat movie with a terrible script.