Chernobyl Diaries Reviews

• Nov 20, 2020

Funziona assolutamente la trama, specialmente nella prima mezz'ora. Viene dato un discreto spazio alla fotografia che rende questo horror abbastanza atipico. Nel finale si perde di brillantezza e la conclusione è un po' sbrigativa.

• Oct 26, 2020

A small group of dumb young people who came to Chernobyl for extreme tourism and then started to get killed by the creatures there. I thought this was a found footage movie, but it actually just used the found-footage shaky camera style to create a sense of anxiety, which was weird because they could just make it a true found-footage movie. Despite the predictable plot and characters, the movie did deliver the anxiety feeling and tension that I wanted from this kind of movie. The rating on Rotten Tomatoes was too low for this movie, despite its problems. 6.5/10

• Jul 21, 2020

Really stupid. Horrible storyline, relies on jump scares and only jump scares to be "scary", and overall a horrible film. Obviously horror movie logic can be stupid but this movie truly takes that to the next level. If your looking for a movie to laugh at this is a good one, but if your looking for a good movie look elsewhere.

• Jul 09, 2020

It started off great, an amazing start to a found footage film. Then, like most found footage films, it fell down a rabbit hole of cheap scares and a very disappointing ending. Still, I'd recommend a watch if you enjoy found footage horror films

• Jun 28, 2020

Showing the horrors of Chernobyl is different than showing a horror movie taking place at Chernobyl. And that's the difference that wreaks most of the premise of this movie. As for more recent movies, Annihilation comes to mind when thinking about a better horror movie about an landscape altered by some disaster. Thinking about the natural world reclaiming an irradiated landscape really fires the imagination. Then CHERNOBYL DIARIES comes along and gives us that landscape but only uses typical horror fare to do it. It would've been a greater credit to the place if the movie would've taken some more chances with the story.

• May 14, 2020

Bland, boring, and predictable...Chernobyl Diaries has all that...in spades! I'm not sure how or why this movie was made.

• May 12, 2020

You shouldn`t wait something special from this movie, it`s ok to watch, but as always cliche spoils everything. I think it is shot nicely, but these holes in plot, man... I think that little things mean alot, and when i see, that their van has lights on, old soviet van with broken engine has lights on in it, this is so stupid. Staying with turned lights at night, when anyone can see you, where`s the logic? (They got there illigaly, so better not to get catched by military) Why always someone needs to go alone into the darkness? :D There`s good thing about this movie, it makes you think, what you could do better about it. So if you re a film maker, whatch this, and think :P

• Feb 05, 2020

'Chernobyl Diaries' (2012) I know what you're thinking. "7/10? Really?" "I've always heard this movie was bad though?" I wouldn't argue with anyone who says this is a bad movie, I totally understand their reasoning. The acting really isn't that great, the plot is a bit iffy and bare-boned, and the found-footage genre is a bit of a hit-or-miss gimmick most of the time. Although there is a reason this film has stuck in my favor for all this time: Atmosphere, atmosphere, atmosphere... This film probably has some of the best atmosphere of the many horror films I've seen, and that's saying something. Definitely not saying it has the best, that would go to 'The Shining' for me, although the scenario these young buffoons find themselves in really captures an utterly eerie, helpless, and claustrophobic setting that you almost feel stuck in with them. As I stated the script, acting, and screenplay could be a whole lot better, but I've always found this film to stick with me and at least be memorable for some reason, and I'm somehow able to still have fun with it to this day if I throw it on. Call it a guilty-pleasure, call it what you will, but I believe it takes a certain acquired-taste and a level of exceptions given to the movie to ultimately have a good time with it. If you're a big fan of the found-footage genre then there's a good chance you'll like this, I feel like it's a movie everyone should give at least a shot at some point. My Rating - 7/10

• Dec 24, 2019

This movie makes Tucker and Dale vs Evil look like a genuine horror movie.

This movie makes Tucker and Dale vs Evil look like a genuine horror movie.

• Nov 22, 2019