Chi-Raq Reviews

• Apr 23, 2021

Spike Lee had high aspirations in this film. It's supposed to give us world peace and jobs for everybody by the time the final accord is signed. It's a great dream and one we must have thought at some point was shared by all. But it's fairly evident now that it isn't and it wasn't.

• Mar 28, 2021

wished I'd seen it sooner. agree that it's uneven. The original was pure comedy and so this one's comedy, when injected, causes the unevenness. i was impressed with the very very end's plot twist, which I found clever and hadn't seen coming, but then realized there had been fore shardowing, and actually made a lot of sense.

• Mar 15, 2021

Almost works. Again, Spike suffers from an incoherence here, threads that just don't come together. But it's some of the most alive he's been as a filmmaker this millenium. Some enjoyably brash and confrontational stuff here.

• Jan 07, 2021

naacp ain't shit. Doing nothing about police killings

naacp ain't shit. Doing nothing about police killings

• Dec 12, 2020

This movie is incredibly bad. The more I think about it over time, this may be the worst movie ever

• Jun 30, 2020

Very different film, but I really liked it and the movie talk about an important theme in our society.

• May 24, 2020

I wanted to love this movie -- and I loved the spirit of it -- a rally against the forces that seek to stereotype, marginalize, and oppress Black communities. That said, I didn't love it.

• Jan 02, 2020

This movie was very intriguing...I thought the main focus on stopping the violence was an success. I love spike lee with his mental thinking...I will tell everyone about this....

• Sep 02, 2019

Must Watch! Brilliantly Funny! Dave Still The Man! Had Me in Stitch's, The Truth is a Magical Thing! Funny HaHa Again, Must Watch!

• Oct 25, 2018

Clever movie but, the rhyming was a little elementary at times. Great idea of expounding this movie from the original literary piece!!! That bed scene almost to the end was SUPER LAME!!!