Children of Men - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Children of Men Reviews

November 29, 2017
One of the best films I have ever seen. The performances, the cinematography, the story. Everything is rich with color in this dystopian sci-fi thriller. Definitely worth a watch.
November 23, 2017
Maybe the film with the greatest cinematography ever made. In addition to being a phenomenally well written, directed and acted dystopian social spectacle. A film that should be considered one of the best and will be more widely appreciated in the future.
½ November 2, 2017
Interesting idea if a little disjointed. Its really calling out for a sequel.
October 25, 2017
An fantastic film that takes place in a alternative universe where Humans are no longer able to reproduce.Within the film we watch the main character, Theo, change throughout the film. He never honestly cared for the significance of the youngest person on the earth. But as he is introduced to Kee, his views begins to change and he does everything in his will to get Kee and her child to the Human Project. Amazing character development and progression through movie and an amazing action thriller.
½ October 25, 2017
I remembered this as being a fairly solid dystopian fantasy but actually it's a lot better than that. The attention to detail is brilliant and creates a very believable, and terrifying picture of a future Britain. It doesn't get bogged down in any political view and as a result is a simple to follow but deep film all at the same time. Owen has never been better as the everyday hero, really worth a revisit.
½ October 20, 2017
Children of Men has a very strong concept despite not giving any answers when it comes to it. It is a phenomenal chase thriller and a dystopian film that earns its bleakness and darkness as the atmosphere is so strong and the sense of despair and also hope is felt in almost every scene. It has a bunch of unforgettable sequences such as that wonderfully ambiguous ending and that highly memorable, perfectly executed car chase sequence. The performances are great, Cuaron's direction is superb and the film has memorable imagery leading to a highly competent sci-fi thriller.
October 18, 2017
a man is put in charge of protecting the only pregnant woman on an apocalyptic world.
½ October 13, 2017
Masterpiece of directing.
½ September 24, 2017
This movie has many strengths such as the incredible cinematography (specifically the use of long takes), the amazing score, and numerous memorable and shocking scenes which linger with the viewer long after viewing it. I also liked how the baby contrasted the ugliness of the world with its innocence.
September 21, 2017
This is a very interesting film. It is peculiar and it is well executed, which is not at all granted in the industry, especially considering that it was released in 2006.
September 6, 2017
There is a lot that can be said of the greatness of Children of Men, but it is that it begs us to understand the importance of children in that without them we have no future.
September 6, 2017
From the documentary style and wildly imaginative writing, you can feel the sickness and the depravity of the world, the constant war and danger, but the implications it hints at are sophisticated and relevant for the foreseeable future and has the most profound impact.
September 3, 2017
Incredible movie. My first time seeing Clive Owen in a film and I must say I'm blown away. Great story, great acting, amazing cinematography. A movie that no one should miss.
July 30, 2017
Is an absurd movie...
July 28, 2017
A terrific movie. It's rather a stretch to call it scifi, but I suppose because of the future setting, and the scientific nature of the problem, it counts as such. But it side steps all of the tropes.

Clive Owen gives the performance of his career.
½ July 17, 2017
Long, tracking shots add to the realism that plants you into the chaos, Children of Men succeeds by viscerally evoking dense emotions.
½ July 13, 2017
With a great story and a realistic vibe this movie delivers on all levels.
July 12, 2017
This very realistic and quite possibly prophetic drama featuring plenty of suspense, action and intelligent dialogue raises many important political and humanist related questions that are more relevant today then ever before.
July 5, 2017
Waited 11 year to get round to watch this and thought it was awful
July 4, 2017
I really wanted to love this movie, but I couldn't help but feel bored while watching it.