Children of Men - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Children of Men Reviews

March 12, 2018
A great story in the midst of chaos and confusion. Non-stop action keeps you on your toes, never fully expecting what will happen next. Alfonso Cuarón beautifully conveys the disorder of the world in which we are immersed.
March 10, 2018
One of the most immersive movies I have ever seen.
March 2, 2018
they wanted to change the world..

Children Of Men

The complexity of the premise is smartly nullified by narrowing down the priorities and specificity of the characters and is then projected majestically about the humanitarian language that oozes power, rage and vulnerability at the same point. Alfonso Cuarón is excellent on depicting the sequences in one take proving his superiority in the field and has smartly adapted too by keeping it short (for around 100 minutes) and electrifying. Clive Owen; as the protagonist, justifies its character and is well supported by Michael Caine and Chiwetel Ejiofor. Children Of Men has a strong and powerful concept that is highlighted by gripping screenplay, perfect editing, stellar performance and jaw dropping cinematography that surpasses the expectations.
February 27, 2018
A beautifully grounded and realized piece of speculative fiction, Children of Men looks at how we fall apart when we know that our species is without a future. It asks what is the point of humanity with or without legacy. It looks at what children mean to us as individuals, as societies, and as a species. It looks at how the prospect of the future holds us accountable for our actions but also how it does not. No cruelty or callousness in this film is anything that does not already exists in our history and even in our present, but presented as it is in a world without hope magnifies it exponentially. Cuaron's exploration of hopelessness and how it exacerbates everything from apathy and nihilism to racism and elitism and violent conflict is really moving. Cuaron's film feels vital and urgent, and I would recommend it to anyone and everyone looking for something more than a pleasant distraction (though there is nothing wrong with that).
February 17, 2018
Wonderful. Has everything one would want in a movie.
February 13, 2018
a masterpiece showing the full range of emotion on film. the bleakness is an amazing backdrop for a journey of personal redemption.
I love how the world isn't overexplained. elements of it come through in passing
February 2, 2018
Gritty and provocative with great cinematography. It entails a very chaotic depiction of the near future where practically everything appears to be a threat to the main protagonists. The premise of the film is one that is unique and keeps audiences gripped thanks to the suspense, as Clive Owen escorts a young woman who may hold the key to the future of humanity. It's almost filmed like a war movie as the leads sift through scenes of carnage. It's also heavy on ideas as Alfonso Cuaron explores how humans treat one another.
February 1, 2018
Master film-making. This movie got me to start watching movies in the theater again. Kudos in every notion. Tears of joy at the end. Thank you Universal.
January 21, 2018
Very exciting and entertaining. Non-stop action, from beginning to end. Clive Owen does a great job carrying this movie. The plot is unique and interesting.
½ January 19, 2018
Too raw and it didn't make sense to me. It seemed like it would be interesting at first, but it got really boring. (First and only viewing - 1/19/2018)
January 12, 2018
At every moment we see director Alfonso Cuarón keeping the audience in high stakes. We are in the height of a battle between sides, forced to fight for our own causes. This is how the film speaks to us, through its cinemascope. It drives us to stare the longer the shots take and we immediately feel driven to the narratives. It warns us and warms us through its performances, the long chase that takes us there, and its underlying theme of hope.
November 29, 2017
One of the best films I have ever seen. The performances, the cinematography, the story. Everything is rich with color in this dystopian sci-fi thriller. Definitely worth a watch.
November 23, 2017
Maybe the film with the greatest cinematography ever made. In addition to being a phenomenally well written, directed and acted dystopian social spectacle. A film that should be considered one of the best and will be more widely appreciated in the future.
½ November 2, 2017
Interesting idea if a little disjointed. Its really calling out for a sequel.
October 25, 2017
An fantastic film that takes place in a alternative universe where Humans are no longer able to reproduce.Within the film we watch the main character, Theo, change throughout the film. He never honestly cared for the significance of the youngest person on the earth. But as he is introduced to Kee, his views begins to change and he does everything in his will to get Kee and her child to the Human Project. Amazing character development and progression through movie and an amazing action thriller.
½ October 25, 2017
I remembered this as being a fairly solid dystopian fantasy but actually it's a lot better than that. The attention to detail is brilliant and creates a very believable, and terrifying picture of a future Britain. It doesn't get bogged down in any political view and as a result is a simple to follow but deep film all at the same time. Owen has never been better as the everyday hero, really worth a revisit.
½ October 20, 2017
Children of Men has a very strong concept despite not giving any answers when it comes to it. It is a phenomenal chase thriller and a dystopian film that earns its bleakness and darkness as the atmosphere is so strong and the sense of despair and also hope is felt in almost every scene. It has a bunch of unforgettable sequences such as that wonderfully ambiguous ending and that highly memorable, perfectly executed car chase sequence. The performances are great, Cuaron's direction is superb and the film has memorable imagery leading to a highly competent sci-fi thriller.
October 18, 2017
a man is put in charge of protecting the only pregnant woman on an apocalyptic world.
½ October 13, 2017
Masterpiece of directing.
½ September 24, 2017
This movie has many strengths such as the incredible cinematography (specifically the use of long takes), the amazing score, and numerous memorable and shocking scenes which linger with the viewer long after viewing it. I also liked how the baby contrasted the ugliness of the world with its innocence.