Christine Reviews

• Nov 03, 2019

Now it may not be The Shining,Carrie or Misery,but it is still a classic!

Now it may not be The Shining,Carrie or Misery,but it is still a classic!

• Oct 30, 2019

typical john carpenter movie, entertaining, visionary and good classic horror movie

• Oct 16, 2019

Review: ‘Christine' is an American supernatural-thriller film directed by John Carpenter. It is based on Stephen King's novel of the same name. I have only seen this movie once, and after watching it I wasn't sure how I left about it. It's been in my mind and I've bee thinking about it for that last couple days and the more I think about it the more I like it. The movie follows the changes in the lives of Arnie Cunningham (Keith Gordon), his friends, Dennis Guilder and Leigh Cabot (John Stockwell and Alexandra Paul) after Arnie buys a vintage 1958 Plymouth Fury named Christine, a car that seems to have a jealous, possessive personality and a mind of its own. The car is better character than any of the people in this movie, sad to say. I didn't like any of the kids in this film. It's frustrating watching a movie like this and you don't care what happens to any of the characters. There are no stacks at that point and you're just watching a supernatural car go on a killing spree. I'm not trying to blame it on the writing, I want to make that clear. I think this movie has a very strong script and story, it's the acting all around that falls short. I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before, but the music choices were interesting since most of it came from artists of the 1950's who suffered untimely, tragic deaths, look it up. I think this movie is so good because of John Carpenter. It's a ridiculous concept that only he could get a hold of and bring it together for film. Stephen King has a lot of good stories that are just messed up when they are made into films, but not Christine. King should just let Carpenter, George A. Romero, or nowadays Mike Flanagan do all his movies from now on. Overall, this is a fun movie, but gets brought down by the lack of acting capabilities. You can still have fun with it, and you will be engaged the whole time watching, especially when Christine is on screen. 3.5/5

• Oct 02, 2019

Although the concept may sound a bit ridiculous, It's a good take on the bond between a man and his car with classic touches of King. Have always enjoyed this one!

• Sep 28, 2019

Another hit from John Carpenter, love this film

Another hit from John Carpenter, love this film

• Sep 21, 2019

One of the much better Stephen King adaptations from the 1980's, Christine delivers to me a very great villain, character development, music and suspense and a killer vehicle you won't forget. One of my favorite Stephen King movies and forever will be~

• Sep 21, 2019

Christine starts off well but starts developing pacing issues throughout the second act.

• Sep 20, 2019

i loved the movie the first time is saw it was in 2017 and when i finished the movie i just kept making tons on stuff on my phone Christine related (i know it came out in 1983)

• Aug 26, 2019

Great movie worth watching but the starting 15-30 mins were a bit slow

Great movie worth watching but the starting 15-30 mins were a bit slow

• Aug 10, 2019

Christine is a diferent, original and enterteining movie that will captivate your attention during the whole movie, however the plot is simple and predictable and the cast could have been better chosen.