Cinderella Man Reviews

• Sep 28, 2019

So much heart! Who would think a movie about boxing would make you cry so much. That's because its about so much more. A fav!

• Sep 08, 2019

A true classic. The director overplayed his hand a little bit but the acting is amazing

• Sep 04, 2019

Fantastic true story of a man who almost lost everything during the height of the depression. Then he becomes maybe the greatest come back story in the history of sports?

• May 14, 2019

One of my favorite movies. The performances are great, the story is compelling. An all-around enjoyable film.

• Apr 19, 2019

A heart intensifying story about Howard Jim Haddock and his fight against Baer for the world title. This movie offers some of the greatest implied messages of being a man and fighting for your family and what you believe in. Russell Crowe did not falter in portraying the unbreakable determination that this fighter had. I was definitely entranced by how steadfast he was, how he didn't back down, and how it seemed like he could read his opponents like a book. Haddock had certainly fell to a miserable low but still forced himself to beg his peers when it came to his kids. His endurance through working at the docks with a broken hand transferred into a brand new strength for him back in the ring. Haddock was portrayed as always being kind and never letting people get to him. One of the most captivating moments was the final fight against Baer. A remarkable match between a kind warrior and a blood-lusting brawler. To witness the most intense part of that battle, one could believe Haddock must have been one of the bravest men in the world.

• Apr 13, 2019

One of my five favorite films of all-time. A rare 5-star movie. This movie is all heart, but also has grit, guts, a backbone, and a brain. Crowe and Zellweger are tremendous. This is also Paul Giamatti's finest work- and that is really saying something. I cannot recommend this movie enough. Ron Howard delivers a knock-out punch with this movie for the ages. More than a boxing movie, this gem is about the power of the human spirit.

• Feb 14, 2019

Enthralling story of much loved underdog boxer James Braddock. Unlike Braddock the film lacks the heart to be considered a boxing film classic. Although still a solid effort from Director Ron Howard.

• Dec 31, 2018

my God this movie was amazing

my God this movie was amazing

• Nov 06, 2018

This film was almost good.

This film was almost good.

• Oct 07, 2018

Russell Crowe stars as Jim Braddock, a promising young boxer who fell on harder times due to injury and a string of bad fights. He loses his license and descends into abject poverty during the depression. A lucky break gets him an exhibition fight which he wins, and he manages a comeback that eventually gets him a title shot against heavyweight champ Max Baer. Crowe is really quite good in the lead role, as is Paul Giamatti as his manager. The final half hour of this film, which is the fight against Baer, is really quite thrilling. The problem is that it takes two hours to get there, and that's an hour too long. This is a fairly straightforward riches to rags to riches story, yet we spend a lot of time in the rags portion bludgeoning the same few themes to brutal death. Like a lot of Ron Howard's work, this is a decent, competent, totally unimaginative film that I really did not need to spend this much time with.