Code 8 Reviews

• 1d ago

They way that they treat the backers of this movie is terrible. We havent gotten everything we have been promised

• Feb 15, 2020

well done. good start for a franchise, and both Amell make a great job. i think this movie is easy to see, and (but?) touch some actual argoment not so easy to touch. in an age were marvel does the same movie 2-3 times in 1 year, this is a blesing. it's something different (and better) sorry for my english :D

• Feb 14, 2020

Its nice to be surprised by great acting and phenomenal movie experience.

Its nice to be surprised by great acting and phenomenal movie experience.

• Feb 08, 2020

turns out, when you have a lil mutation - things get harder in life. This guy is looking to heal his mom and signs up for a job as an 'electrical' - but ends up doing a much bigger than he'd expected

• Jan 28, 2020

Fairly decent sci-fi B-movie type, and as I understood it was funded by crowdsourcing. Robbie Amell stars as a young man considered a high level Electric, meaning that he has certain superpowers re electricity. But in his dystopian world, those with extraordinary powers are now shunned by society, so he has to resort to working for a vicious crime boss to pay for his dying mother's operation. Overall, kept me engaged and I've certainly seen worse films.

• Jan 27, 2020

There's nothing particularly original or clever about the various pieces that make up the script and, in fact, it often feels like you've seen most of this before, somewhere, somehow. Nevertheless, they did one thing with the story that you don't see often in this age of comic book films/TV series, and that is to make a "superhero film" that's not actually about superheroes at all, or saving the world from some gigantic threat. That's really ‘Code 8's' main attractive quality: it's more grounded, human approach, and the Amell cousins deliver with committed performances on something that is clearly a passion project. As for the world building, it's solid enough and has some cool ideas and designs (the drones and Guardian droids are very cool and feel like a realistic concept that could easily become a reality in the not too distant future), as well as some that are all too familiar. In short, it sort of feels like a smaller scale, grittier, indie version of ‘X-Men' where no one's a hero. I like that idea and I like the direction they went with, but ultimately, everything about it feels like it should have been a TV series and it would certainly benefit from more time to build and refine the world, the characters and the narrative.

• Jan 25, 2020

It's the Amells versus a handful of awesome-looking robocops. Even though grim, futuristic superpowered stories have been done countless times before, "Code 8" still manages to be a complex and inventive ride with some potent food-for-thought sprinkled within it.

• Jan 25, 2020

After watching these rating for well over a decade, these audience reviews have been so wrong. Another dud. Deserves 2-3 stars at most. Pretty slow and a movie you would see on cable. Again don’t believe the fake reviews on here.

• Jan 24, 2020

Good concept, cool action & a fun sci-fi flick...not to mention cute boys! It was entertaining when I wasn't expecting it. 👍👍

• Jan 21, 2020