Coraline - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Coraline Reviews

June 25, 2017
looks terribly interesting!
June 11, 2017
Absolutely love this movie!
½ June 2, 2017
I love this movie. It's equal parts creepy sand magical. One of my favorite newer animated movies.
May 30, 2017
Wow hay I remember watching this movie when I was younger I saw it in the Theater and it was a ok movie see what you think
May 29, 2017
I did not care for this.
May 26, 2017
I can understand why a lot of people would like this movie, but I personally hated it.
½ May 23, 2017
Coraline was so creepy. The animation was striking and the imagination of the source material, and design crew knows no bounds.
May 13, 2017
Darkly funny and executed in a somewhat Tim Burton fashion this is an enthralling story about a girl who fantasizes about perfect world and doesn't see that all she needs is around her.
May 11, 2017
Disturbingly charming
May 6, 2017
Gaiman's dark fairy tale is a gamble, and it pays off with stupendous animation.
May 1, 2017
Great movie. Funny, dark, somewhat creepy, with great voice work from Fanning, Hatcher, and especially David.
May 1, 2017
So great. Cute animation style. Intriguing plot, whimsical characters. I think overall this was well executed. To this day one of my favorite movies
April 22, 2017
Coralline is directed and written by Henry Selick, and it stars Dakota Fanning in a stop-motion film about a girl who doesn't like moving to another place, and she come across a room that's locked, and when she goes in, she come across a different place that's similar, and the families that have button for eyes. After watching Aladdin, the bus started to get more quiet, and we didn't watch anything else for now. So I ended up watching the downloaded films on Netflix, and just watched this first, which is a fantastic starter for Laika Studios. Dakota Fanning is great at being whiny and irritated at the same time, but it was never annoying, and she also gets better when the movie progresses. The clay-nation looks fantastic, and there were some moments that I honestly don't know how they did it. The characters are three-dimensional that when things get out of hand, you really start to root for Coraline and fear for her safety. It has a lot of creepy imagery, but it's never to the point that it'll be traumatic to kids, and it's cool to see something be pleasant, and be not so pleasant. The pacing really starts to pick up when the beginning is slow, but it still keeps you interested in what's going on. There are some humor that's really good that it doesn't really become too depressing to watch. The writing and direction by Henry Selick really seem to understand about what the kid is going through when they have to move to a different place, and just have to deal with it a different way from what the parents are going through. In the end, Coraline is an amazing film that i wish that more people could go see the films that Laika Studios has made.
April 18, 2017
With an impressive stop motion picture and a twisted, dark and intriguing story, Coraline can not be surpassed by any other movie.
April 16, 2017
More master storytelling by Neil Gaiman. A great movie to watch for children to learn to appreciate what they have while still being legitimately scary for adult.s
April 15, 2017
Breathtaking animation with a magnificent attention to detail and an imaginative and appropriately dark story are what make Coraline a fantastic animated film.
March 29, 2017
Best movie EVER I have the 3D and blue ray disc
½ March 26, 2017
A suspenseful mystery packed movie that is definitely worth your time
March 2, 2017
I never going to get bored from watching this movie. Definitely it's the best "Laika's" movie in all ways, in my opinion. One of the best animated movie's of all time. 10/10.
February 19, 2017
Director Henry Selik proofs, once again, that he's a master in the art of stop-motion animation, adapting with an incredible sense of faithfulness one of Neil Gaiman's most memorable works, in a dark-yet charming masterpiece; with great characters, atmosphere and superb production design.