Coraline - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Coraline Reviews

September 15, 2017
Absolute 0 for kids. it scared my child for 5 month
August 30, 2017
Scary and Horrifying but it was an amazing movie
½ August 11, 2017
A twisted fairly tale that is gorgeously animated, endlessly rewatchable, and slightly terrifying in small doses. The already amazing film is filled out with an astonishing voice cast. Mega props to the legendary Keith David for appearing as a cat.
½ August 2, 2017
An gorgeous stop motion piece, with dark and sometimes creepy moments for an animated movie. The story is legit, and we can all related to the main character which is tired of hers monotonous family and life and dreams that everyone around changes the way she wanted to. Thumbs up to ''Coraline''!
Final avaliation: 8,4 out of 10.
July 28, 2017
this movie is amazing in 3d...
½ July 8, 2017
great movie in every respect, i love how when you see the other world it seems like a very warm welcoming good-hearted place and before you know it the world becomes an animated version of hell. it is a great film that can be described as an animated horror movie. the only problem i have is that at points the movie can go to far with the horror aspect especially when it has a pg rating. but still i love this film if you haven't seen it yet check it out.
½ July 2, 2017
Metaphorically moving with flying colors.
June 25, 2017
looks terribly interesting!
June 11, 2017
Absolutely love this movie!
½ June 2, 2017
I love this movie. It's equal parts creepy sand magical. One of my favorite newer animated movies.
May 30, 2017
Wow hay I remember watching this movie when I was younger I saw it in the Theater and it was a ok movie see what you think
May 29, 2017
I did not care for this.
May 26, 2017
I can understand why a lot of people would like this movie, but I personally hated it.
½ May 23, 2017
Coraline was so creepy. The animation was striking and the imagination of the source material, and design crew knows no bounds.
May 13, 2017
Darkly funny and executed in a somewhat Tim Burton fashion this is an enthralling story about a girl who fantasizes about perfect world and doesn't see that all she needs is around her.
May 11, 2017
Disturbingly charming
May 6, 2017
Gaiman's dark fairy tale is a gamble, and it pays off with stupendous animation.
May 1, 2017
Great movie. Funny, dark, somewhat creepy, with great voice work from Fanning, Hatcher, and especially David.
May 1, 2017
So great. Cute animation style. Intriguing plot, whimsical characters. I think overall this was well executed. To this day one of my favorite movies
April 22, 2017
Coralline is directed and written by Henry Selick, and it stars Dakota Fanning in a stop-motion film about a girl who doesn't like moving to another place, and she come across a room that's locked, and when she goes in, she come across a different place that's similar, and the families that have button for eyes. After watching Aladdin, the bus started to get more quiet, and we didn't watch anything else for now. So I ended up watching the downloaded films on Netflix, and just watched this first, which is a fantastic starter for Laika Studios. Dakota Fanning is great at being whiny and irritated at the same time, but it was never annoying, and she also gets better when the movie progresses. The clay-nation looks fantastic, and there were some moments that I honestly don't know how they did it. The characters are three-dimensional that when things get out of hand, you really start to root for Coraline and fear for her safety. It has a lot of creepy imagery, but it's never to the point that it'll be traumatic to kids, and it's cool to see something be pleasant, and be not so pleasant. The pacing really starts to pick up when the beginning is slow, but it still keeps you interested in what's going on. There are some humor that's really good that it doesn't really become too depressing to watch. The writing and direction by Henry Selick really seem to understand about what the kid is going through when they have to move to a different place, and just have to deal with it a different way from what the parents are going through. In the end, Coraline is an amazing film that i wish that more people could go see the films that Laika Studios has made.