Countdown to Zero - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Countdown to Zero Reviews

½ September 30, 2015
The Western World gets paranoid and hysterical over a problem it created in this interesting documentary. Plenty of negative propaganda about other countries whilst the US is passed off as a guardian of the good. Nuclear weapons were created by the west and now we fear them perhaps this is our collective punishment for inventing them in the first place.
½ September 29, 2015
WOW, this was an eye opener.
August 3, 2015
More learning for me.... wonder what the count is now? Film made in 2010....
February 17, 2015
Scariest show you'll see this year. Especially the parts about the false alarms, ease of making or buying fissile material, and the description of what happens within a few miles of a detonation. Didn't feel alarmist but was measured in its delivery with the contribution of so many experts and politicians from both sides of the aisle. This film is essential because we've forgotten the risks we're living with, instead focused on other (albeit often related) news. Who knew the danger was still so real?
January 1, 2014
this movie was more likely to get a response during the cold war. there are a couple country's that might set off nukes but US and Russia aren't them. Now ones gonna take the threat of a nuke going off seriously until it happens.
October 3, 2013
Fast paced, gripping and all too persuasive.
September 29, 2013
t's hard to write a review of a documentary like this without giving political editorial at the same time, something I prefer to refrain from doing. Briefly stated, the thesis of this movie is that although the probability of the use of nuclear weapons is low, low probability events occur all the time, and if the probability is not zero it will eventually happen; thus, the only real preventative solution is to rid the world of all nuclear weapons and then we'll go sing Kumbaya. Sorry, didn't mean to editorialize. Clearly the latter part was not in the film, but it dawned on me only after I was typing out the thesis. The bottom line is the film was well put together. It was an informative documentary, and I don't think it distorted the facts. It didn't feel like propaganda. It was more, here are the facts, here is the conclusion. The movie shows the increasing amount of access to nuclear weaponry around the world. It shows the simplicity of building nuclear arms, and the devastating results of their detonation. It shows how easily uranium can be smuggled into the country--one method included just hiding it among all the smuggled illegal drugs. You do stop and wonder why they would be broadcasting information like this, but then you have to conclude that anyone who is knowledgeable enough on this subject to be a threat already knows anything that is being taught here. While a liberal film, I don't feel it was overly preachy. I think anyone can learn from the information given from this film, and then draw your own conclusion.
January 27, 2013
Well researched and skillfully crafted. An important documentary worth watching.
½ January 15, 2013
Fascinating, eye opening and terrifying. A must see.
December 28, 2012
Will scare the bejesus outta you! Very informative....these weapons needs to be removed from existence.
August 10, 2010
Real interesting film. Learned a bit more about the world around us and its weapons of mass destruction potential power!
September 28, 2012
I think this moive is good and provides a lote of truthful info and I never reilized just how many bomes the world has
September 23, 2012
This movie was very educational and cool. It helped me understand nuclear weapons and how big of a threat they are. It was kind of one sided. They said the only solution given was to get rid of all nuclear weapons. I really liked it.
September 23, 2012
Very nice idea for a movie, also very scary when you think about the threat of a nuclear weapon being detonated. I really like how they went through the process of what would happen if one was detonated, and the effects it would have on people. They also go through how easy it would be to smuggle a nuclear weapon into a city like New York. However! The idea of demanding 0 nuclear weapons world-wide is completely foolish! Do these people really think that EVERY COUNTRY is going to just sign an agreement and get rid of all of their nuclear weapons? Honestly I think that is an impossible thing. Plus, even if all COUNTRIES got rid of their nuclear weapons, that does not mean that terrorists would stop trying to get their hands on them.

Anyway it's a good quality movie. I still think it's stupid to think it's possible to have a world without nuclear weapons.
September 21, 2012
It is scarry to think about how many bombs there are in the world.
And I think the world might be a little safer with out them.
September 18, 2012
I loved it! It was very interesting to watch! Its good to know whats really going on.
August 21, 2012
This is a must see movie
½ May 16, 2012
If you're moderately aware of current events of the last forty years, there isn't be much new here.
April 23, 2012
A frightening, but very powerful and thought provoking film about the issues of nuclear weaponry.