Crank - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Crank Reviews

½ November 30, 2016
I'm not much of a fan of Jason Statham's films, but the film that I wanted to see that kind of stands out from his films, is Crank which I was a bit excited to see how insane it can by, and it definitely exceeds my expectations for the good and crazy side. Jason Statham is really good in this, and it's cool to see that even he knows how crazy this film is which then he goes kind of over the top. The plot is ridiculous, but the film knows that and tries to have a lot of fun with it which if it took itself seriously, the film would've failed. The characters are enjoyable to watch, and the action is over the top fun. The movie takes a break for a few moments which is good and would allow the viewers to take a breather. It had a sweet chemistry between Jason Statham and Amy Smart, and even the film goes over the top with the chemistry that brings out a lot of laughs. There never comes a moment that was boring as it brings a lot of good jokes that would get the fans laughing. The villain is pretty funny of how he is basically a whining guy that wants Jason Statham's character to die, and the film gives enough backstory that actually makes me care for the main character. Crank is definitely not for everybody as it can get a bit graphic or just too fast paced for viewers to probably handle, but Crank is surprisingly a great time for fans and non-fans that I actually want to see the sequel, and I want to see more films like this with Jason Statham in it.
November 29, 2016
Zany, fast paced, self aware, and incredibly entertaining.
Grade: B+
½ November 26, 2016
ridiculous action movie. Lots of action, but the weak plot line made it all seem kinda pointless.
November 21, 2016
There is clearly a market for these kinds of movies, but I don't fall into that category. Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor can do some pretty creative things to get some insane shots, but their movies are just too mindless for me. I need more story. More depth. Not just stuff blowing up, gratuitous violence and idiotic sex scenes. The biggest positive to this movie is its very effective use of music for its scenes. Jefferson Starship's "Miracles" as Statham is falling to his "death" was probably the most interesting moment in the film. Judging by IMDB, much of the industry has figured out not to give these guys much more work, though. After the idiotic "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance" and the box office disaster, "Jonah Hex," I guess studios realized people actually like stories. I hope Lexi Alexander takes a cue from them.
½ November 11, 2016
I'm not a fan of Statham (I'm sure he wouldn't care if he knew), it's a ridiculous plot, with average acting, but it's decent enough movie to watch.
Lots of blood and gore and just a little bit funny!
Oh and a really good soundtrack.
½ October 27, 2016
A great big ball of cheesy goodness, with a big pulse of energy.
½ October 26, 2016
Movie that made me start liking statham movies! Great rush
October 8, 2016
Every boy's dream, a game feel movie, simple story but awesome!
September 22, 2016
its a guy movie from start to finish. If you want an adrenaline rush. Watch this.
September 10, 2016
Absurd, fast paced and entertaining as all hell. Crank's gimmicky plot are is more then made up for by it's unrelentingly pace, light tongue and cheek tone and visceral cinematography and editing. Making it not only an easy film to get lost in, but one I can re watch over and over again.
jamrcla
July 29, 2016
GTA in a film just more OTT and a crazy plot but very entertaining with some great action scenes and great humour that will probably only appeal to the male viewers.
July 24, 2016
I'm Going To Become A Film Director When I Grow Up After I Get A Job As An Usher At Regal Showplace 16.
July 4, 2016
The premise is ludicrous and jumps the shark by definition, but it is a good excuse for lots of crazy action with cars and guns, so if that's what you like this is your ticket.
June 19, 2016
it was a satisfying movie.
½ May 29, 2016
4.5/5 Is Crank the greatest piece of cinema ever made? Probably.
May 25, 2016
Crank is just overthe top and it doesn't give to fucks about. Although for a movie about speed and not stopping, it kinda does at time. Eitherway, just the concept alone is pretty good in my humble opinion and it even introduces some other interesting characters.
½ May 8, 2016
Woooooow, this movie is a hit, very fast paced still a lot of character and story!Funny as hell!
½ May 6, 2016
Fast paced but dips from fun over-the-top to stupid over-the-top far too often.
½ April 12, 2016
One of the best action movies I ever seen.
April 2, 2016
Amazing story line, high octane fuelled craze. It gives you that crazy 3rd person view and makes you feel psychedelic and high. Movies are usually all about a person trying to catch something, well Chev certainly is. Fighting against Chinese gangsters trying to find the antidote for the 'Chinese Cocktail', there's only one antidote though... Adrenaline. Definitely fast paced and smoothly run, things get crazy, and if you don't like weird movies, I wouldn't recommend it. But I give it a 10/10.