Crank - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Crank Reviews

October 8, 2016
Every boy's dream, a game feel movie, simple story but awesome!
September 22, 2016
its a guy movie from start to finish. If you want an adrenaline rush. Watch this.
September 10, 2016
Absurd, fast paced and entertaining as all hell. Crank's gimmicky plot are is more then made up for by it's unrelentingly pace, light tongue and cheek tone and visceral cinematography and editing. Making it not only an easy film to get lost in, but one I can re watch over and over again.
July 29, 2016
GTA in a film just more OTT and a crazy plot but very entertaining with some great action scenes and great humour that will probably only appeal to the male viewers.
July 24, 2016
I'm Going To Become A Film Director When I Grow Up After I Get A Job As An Usher At Regal Showplace 16.
July 4, 2016
The premise is ludicrous and jumps the shark by definition, but it is a good excuse for lots of crazy action with cars and guns, so if that's what you like this is your ticket.
June 19, 2016
it was a satisfying movie.
½ May 29, 2016
4.5/5 Is Crank the greatest piece of cinema ever made? Probably.
May 25, 2016
Crank is just overthe top and it doesn't give to fucks about. Although for a movie about speed and not stopping, it kinda does at time. Eitherway, just the concept alone is pretty good in my humble opinion and it even introduces some other interesting characters.
½ May 8, 2016
Woooooow, this movie is a hit, very fast paced still a lot of character and story!Funny as hell!
½ May 6, 2016
Fast paced but dips from fun over-the-top to stupid over-the-top far too often.
½ April 12, 2016
One of the best action movies I ever seen.
April 2, 2016
Amazing story line, high octane fuelled craze. It gives you that crazy 3rd person view and makes you feel psychedelic and high. Movies are usually all about a person trying to catch something, well Chev certainly is. Fighting against Chinese gangsters trying to find the antidote for the 'Chinese Cocktail', there's only one antidote though... Adrenaline. Definitely fast paced and smoothly run, things get crazy, and if you don't like weird movies, I wouldn't recommend it. But I give it a 10/10.
February 20, 2016
I actually watched Crank 2 before this one. And do believe No.2 is slightly better. But this is still superb five Star stuff. Jason is brilliant. This film is brilliant
January 29, 2016
When I saw the premise for Crank and saw Jason Statham as the star I had some expectation that this would be a really fun movie. Well it's not all that really. Crank is about a guy who is injected with poison that slows him down and he has to keep his adrenaline going or else he will die. This had the potential to be a really good movie actually but this movie is far from really good. This movie starts off strong with a fun 35 minutes or so of him trying to figure out how to handle his condition and led to some good action scenes. The action scenes in general were a lot of fun actually, Statham was a pretty good hero in this movie (who caused all the action). The positives to this movie were the action scenes and Statham was pretty good but now to get on to my problems. To start, if this movie had more background in the beginning and got more character background this movie would be so much better. I couldn't feel for Chev as a character because I only knew he was a hit man and that's all the background really. Secondly some of the effects were pretty bad, the scene where the two fall out of a helicopter is ridiculously bad and not to mention impossible. Nobody bounces off of a car and then blinks through bloody eyes. There were also a ton of names to remember that got really confusing at times and some character names were only mentioned once and made it even worse. I know that this kind of movie is made for over the top action but some scenes like the falling scene were too bad to ignore. When he was falling from the helicopter and was able to call on his phone that was ridiculous. Maybe I'm giving this film too much hate but I was hoping this would be a better made movie with better backstory and maybe a bit longer. Crank had a lot of potential to be an awesome movie and it was fun at times but it just ended up being mediocre. C
January 9, 2016
Keeps your heart pumping and pumping !!!!!!!!!!
January 7, 2016
Obviously not an intellectual movie but it's entertaining a gave me a few good laughs.
½ January 2, 2016
"Crank" es una película que parece haber sido escrita y dirigida por un preadolescente de 13 años adicto a "Grand Theft Auto", con toda la hiperviolencia, misoginia y vulgaridad impíicita en la analogía. Pese a la premisa (un asesino a sueldo necesita mantener un flujo permanente de adrenalina para no morir), algunos recursos estilísticos interesantes y al carisma de Jason Statham, la película parece más un videojuego mediocre que inyección de adrenalina que promete. Claro que si quiere pedir a domilicio una pizza extra-large con queso adicional y una paca de cervezas, "Crank" no es una mala combinación para el menú.
½ December 15, 2015
I couldn't get into film. To me to me it was all technical work that produced mostly nauseating results. The camera shakes so much that I wanted to puke.
December 1, 2015
A classic to enjoy as long as films are viewed. This is one of Statham's best. There is a lot of cheesiness here but how can you not like this? It's got everything a good action film should have and then some.