Crank - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Crank Reviews

July 4, 2016
The premise is ludicrous and jumps the shark by definition, but it is a good excuse for lots of crazy action with cars and guns, so if that's what you like this is your ticket.
June 19, 2016
it was a satisfying movie.
½ May 29, 2016
4.5/5 Is Crank the greatest piece of cinema ever made? Probably.
May 25, 2016
Crank is just overthe top and it doesn't give to fucks about. Although for a movie about speed and not stopping, it kinda does at time. Eitherway, just the concept alone is pretty good in my humble opinion and it even introduces some other interesting characters.
May 10, 2016
its a guy movie from start to finish. If you want an adrenaline rush. Watch this.
½ May 8, 2016
Woooooow, this movie is a hit, very fast paced still a lot of character and story!Funny as hell!
½ May 6, 2016
Fast paced but dips from fun over-the-top to stupid over-the-top far too often.
½ April 12, 2016
One of the best action movies I ever seen.
April 2, 2016
Amazing story line, high octane fuelled craze. It gives you that crazy 3rd person view and makes you feel psychedelic and high. Movies are usually all about a person trying to catch something, well Chev certainly is. Fighting against Chinese gangsters trying to find the antidote for the 'Chinese Cocktail', there's only one antidote though... Adrenaline. Definitely fast paced and smoothly run, things get crazy, and if you don't like weird movies, I wouldn't recommend it. But I give it a 10/10.
February 20, 2016
I actually watched Crank 2 before this one. And do believe No.2 is slightly better. But this is still superb five Star stuff. Jason is brilliant. This film is brilliant
January 29, 2016
When I saw the premise for Crank and saw Jason Statham as the star I had some expectation that this would be a really fun movie. Well it's not all that really. Crank is about a guy who is injected with poison that slows him down and he has to keep his adrenaline going or else he will die. This had the potential to be a really good movie actually but this movie is far from really good. This movie starts off strong with a fun 35 minutes or so of him trying to figure out how to handle his condition and led to some good action scenes. The action scenes in general were a lot of fun actually, Statham was a pretty good hero in this movie (who caused all the action). The positives to this movie were the action scenes and Statham was pretty good but now to get on to my problems. To start, if this movie had more background in the beginning and got more character background this movie would be so much better. I couldn't feel for Chev as a character because I only knew he was a hit man and that's all the background really. Secondly some of the effects were pretty bad, the scene where the two fall out of a helicopter is ridiculously bad and not to mention impossible. Nobody bounces off of a car and then blinks through bloody eyes. There were also a ton of names to remember that got really confusing at times and some character names were only mentioned once and made it even worse. I know that this kind of movie is made for over the top action but some scenes like the falling scene were too bad to ignore. When he was falling from the helicopter and was able to call on his phone that was ridiculous. Maybe I'm giving this film too much hate but I was hoping this would be a better made movie with better backstory and maybe a bit longer. Crank had a lot of potential to be an awesome movie and it was fun at times but it just ended up being mediocre. C
January 9, 2016
Keeps your heart pumping and pumping !!!!!!!!!!
January 7, 2016
Obviously not an intellectual movie but it's entertaining a gave me a few good laughs.
½ January 2, 2016
"Crank" es una película que parece haber sido escrita y dirigida por un preadolescente de 13 años adicto a "Grand Theft Auto", con toda la hiperviolencia, misoginia y vulgaridad impíicita en la analogía. Pese a la premisa (un asesino a sueldo necesita mantener un flujo permanente de adrenalina para no morir), algunos recursos estilísticos interesantes y al carisma de Jason Statham, la película parece más un videojuego mediocre que inyección de adrenalina que promete. Claro que si quiere pedir a domilicio una pizza extra-large con queso adicional y una paca de cervezas, "Crank" no es una mala combinación para el menú.
½ December 15, 2015
I couldn't get into film. To me to me it was all technical work that produced mostly nauseating results. The camera shakes so much that I wanted to puke.
December 1, 2015
A classic to enjoy as long as films are viewed. This is one of Statham's best. There is a lot of cheesiness here but how can you not like this? It's got everything a good action film should have and then some.
November 17, 2015
It has a reason to have Jason Statham punching several guys in the face for no reason. What else is there to like?
½ October 14, 2015
[b]Band of Brothers[/b] Beautifully told with wonderful characters. Completely different from [i]Saving Private Ryan[/i], this is more of a personal journey that these soldiers partake. Two actors go on to act in the excellent yet shortlived [i]Boomtown [/i]series.

[b]Team America: World Police[/b] Hilarious. Love the song about [i]Pearl Harbor[/i]. Very good satire. Other than that, not much else to the movie.

[b]American History X[/b] Hardcore topics and great performances from both leads. I wasn't too fond of the way it ended though. Seemed a bit... predictable? or manipulative?

[b]The Last Kiss[/b] Have yet to see the original and I sure hope it is better. Braff's charm can't hold this formulaic relationship drama together.

[b]Crank [/b] Crazy. Did not expect this too be so hilarious and outrageous. Pure entertainment.
½ October 2, 2015
Stupid action glory. So this is about a hitman who is at the end of his rope (Jason Statham). He has been injected with a synthetic Chinese drug that is affecting his heart rate. Bottom line: if he stops, he dies, which means he has to keep adrenaline pumping through his veins as constantly as possible. Can he survive long enough to get his revenge on his own killer? Now Crank is by no means a perfect film. You could make the argument that it is a dumb movie, and it would be difficult to make a case against you. That said, it is so off the wall that it is in my rotation of films that I will watch every 1 - 2 years. If you are an action junkie or even just a casual fan of the genre, I am not exaggerating when I call this a must-see film. This is a movie that is just so stylized and frantic that it is awe-inspiring. It reaches such levels of ludicrousness that it will just leave your mouth ajar as it keeps escalating and escalating. Much of the credit has to go to directors Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor. Now I can't say that they've been successful in all their endeavors; I'm that one guy who has fond memories of Gamer, but the Ghost Rider sequel was pretty awful, and I'm not actually a fan of their sequel to this, either (although to be fair, I don't believe I originally watched it in the right setting). For their directorial debut, they have some really innovative camera tricks, and the most noteworthy thing about this movie is that it is constantly moving. There is always something going on every second of this movie, and it is always batshit crazy. In what other movie are you going to find your main character purposely defibrillate himself for the rush? There is an unmistakable kinetic energy about this, and this is the movie that pulls out all the stops. It's not like it is deep, either; apart from the basic plot description that I led this review off with, the only active thing occurring in this film is getting from point A to point B. The joy is in the mayhem caused on the journey, and it is all about rock music, chases, and mouth-foaming insanity. This is what Jason Statham was born to do, and he has so many tough guy one-liners, you're laughing and having a great time all the way through. Neveldine and Taylor also know how to make him look cool, and they know how to edit it in such a way that would make Edgar Wright proud. It's bizarre and absurdist, and I would go so far to say that it's like Run Lola Run, only lower brow, macho and self-aware. It's really a fearless piece of work, and it is a movie that you experience. It's brilliant, vibrant, pulsating, totally made for me, and if there is anything described above that makes you think that this is also for you, you can be assured that it is.
September 24, 2015
A pulse-pounding thriller held back by sub-par special effects and its abundance of action over plot.