Dan in Real Life - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dan in Real Life Reviews

November 12, 2017
Great characters, acting and humor. Loved the music and this romantic comedy so much!
October 26, 2017
a more dramatic approach from Steve Carell than we're used to
part romance, part family drama he plays a writer named Dan who's very successful
but what is Dan really like in real life? his wife is dead, he has 3 daughters, and during a family getaway gets a peek into what he's missing
he later meets a woman played by Juliette Binoche but finds out she's dating his brother played by Dane Cook
it's a complicated romance he can't control next to his other daughter being in love at such a young age
we have to know that love isn't a feeling, it's an ability and the plan for life is to be surprised
great ensemble cast here
it feels way more straight-to-television but the scenery is relaxing, the people are very likeable, and the song choices match the scenarios in each scene
even a man like Dan can slowly start to unravel what he's missing out on in real life as opposed to his writing
exceptional work here
½ September 13, 2017
Sentimental to a fault, but I loved every second of it.
September 4, 2017
9/3/2017 (2): A pretty decent movie and much better than I expected, but really funny.
August 30, 2017
A charming love story. The film's funniest moments come in the little ironies and imperfections the story presents that later become the driving forces working to bring two people together.
July 28, 2017
Love this movie still to this day! Deep issues of real everyday life with great acting. Two thumbs up and a couple big toes
½ April 25, 2017
Completely out of touch with anything real.
April 10, 2017
Great cast in a charming, family and romantic comedy that really showcases Steve Carrell. Pleasant watch.
½ April 3, 2017
Great story and light hearted comedy make this a fantastic feel good flick.
February 22, 2017
One of my faves. The kind of film I've enjoyed watching a dozen times. Sod the naysayers. It's a tidy, romantic movie.
February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ January 16, 2017
Increasingly awkward as it progresses, but entertaining. A memorable Steve Carell movie. (First viewing - Summer 2009)
January 15, 2017
I love this movie! The full cast did an amazing job.
December 3, 2016
Dan in Real Life is a delicately balanced comedy with a witty and reflective script, intimate performances, a New England folks-esque soundtrack, and truly original premise. Don't forget the special music for Ruthie Pigface. Such a good movie.
October 7, 2016
The relationships portrayed in this gem feel so sincere and accurate to those we find in our own lives. Watch it then watch it again.
½ October 2, 2016
Nice film, easy to watch.
September 30, 2016
Sorry didn't get this. Very predictable and dull.
August 4, 2016
Plan to be surprised.
½ July 23, 2016
Funny, charming and heartfelt, Dan In Real Life's sentimental value is heightened by a touching narrative and fine performances by Steve Carell and Juliette Binoche.
½ July 19, 2016
It is not only an endurance test to stay in the company of such a detestable character and his detestable family, but the movie is also a sentimental pile of clichés from the first scene to the last - including that unnecessary, ridiculously corny last scene during the end credits.