Dan in Real Life - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dan in Real Life Reviews

½ September 13, 2017
Sentimental to a fault, but I loved every second of it.
September 4, 2017
9/3/2017 (2): A pretty decent movie and much better than I expected, but really funny.
August 30, 2017
A charming love story. The film's funniest moments come in the little ironies and imperfections the story presents that later become the driving forces working to bring two people together.
July 28, 2017
Love this movie still to this day! Deep issues of real everyday life with great acting. Two thumbs up and a couple big toes
½ April 25, 2017
Completely out of touch with anything real.
April 10, 2017
Great cast in a charming, family and romantic comedy that really showcases Steve Carrell. Pleasant watch.
½ April 3, 2017
Great story and light hearted comedy make this a fantastic feel good flick.
February 22, 2017
One of my faves. The kind of film I've enjoyed watching a dozen times. Sod the naysayers. It's a tidy, romantic movie.
February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ January 16, 2017
Increasingly awkward as it progresses, but entertaining. A memorable Steve Carell movie. (First viewing - Summer 2009)
January 15, 2017
I love this movie! The full cast did an amazing job.
December 3, 2016
Dan in Real Life is a delicately balanced comedy with a witty and reflective script, intimate performances, a New England folks-esque soundtrack, and truly original premise. Don't forget the special music for Ruthie Pigface. Such a good movie.
October 7, 2016
The relationships portrayed in this gem feel so sincere and accurate to those we find in our own lives. Watch it then watch it again.
½ October 2, 2016
Nice film, easy to watch.
September 30, 2016
Sorry didn't get this. Very predictable and dull.
August 4, 2016
Plan to be surprised.
½ July 23, 2016
Funny, charming and heartfelt, Dan In Real Life's sentimental value is heightened by a touching narrative and fine performances by Steve Carell and Juliette Binoche.
½ July 19, 2016
It is not only an endurance test to stay in the company of such a detestable character and his detestable family, but the movie is also a sentimental pile of clichés from the first scene to the last - including that unnecessary, ridiculously corny last scene during the end credits.
June 27, 2016
Widower Dan Burns (Steve Carell) gives advice to parents about their teenagers.  The only problem is he doesn't know the first thing about handling his own teenage daughters.  A family vacation brings Dan head over heels in love with Marie (Juliette Binoche), a girl he meets at the book store.  There's just one problem, Marie is Dan's brother's girlfriend.  Over the weekend naturally everyone falls in love with Marie.  The family is so happy Mitch has finally found a good woman.  I really think you feel Dan's pain as he stands right next to Marie not being able to be with her.  Look for my two favorite scenes, the stone skipping scene and clubbing with Dan & Mitch.  I won't spoil this for you but I will say I got a little misty at the end.  I wholeheartedly recommend Dan In Real Life.
March 22, 2016
My Review: 6/10
Date: 3/14/2016
Dan in Real Life was a cute and funny movie - a typical Steve Carell angsty movie. I didn't really care for the premise of the relationship based on cheating and never really bought into the main characters' relationship.